i don't know what to do

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

hey guys i don't know if you know what my problem is if not here it is, i was running my civic for about two months now and it was smooth sounds great no back fire nothing, then one day out of no were it started to act up. like it was running out of gas i raced home and it died right in my drive way, took the injectors out they shoot out gas just fine. checked the compression 220 all the way, had a weak spark changed the coil because it was toasted i mean shot, nothing, changed the ignitor thing that little box with the four plugs nothing, changed the dizzy but it was an obd1 dizzy and i hooked up the wires to match went to start it and nothing, what else can i look for i am so lost if anyone lives in the pa area and knows what i should look for or has the time to swing by please let me know thanks guys if not i checked the cel and i am getting a code 15 which is Ignition output signal what is that and how do i fix it?
97 civic with a b16 needs help for sale

i heard that your crankshaft sensor can cause a no start...try checking that..my friend had the same prob. and when he pulled out his crank sensor, it was covered in somethin and he clean it and put it back and it started right back up..not too sure tho..im still havin the same prob. wit my swap..

I'm a little confused are you running an obd1 dizzy in an obd2a car? Despite my confusion I would double check your firing order.

check the CKP CKF TDC sensors, also take a look at the coil or even could be bad wires. My old civic ran like shit when it had bad wires. thought it was the fuel pump cap, rotor just didn't change the wires until that was the last thing to do and it fixed the problem. Oh make sure the PGM-FI relay is working properly not sure if your car has that though...

Hey bro check your ELD (electronic load detector) if your code is putting out ignition output signal im pretty sure it has something to do with that. Its inside your under hood fuse box. Or maybe go buy a complete u/h fuse box from the wrecking yard.

how do i check to see if the relay is blown? can i see it or do i need to test it? i have a volt meter and i have a continunity tester please let me know! :worthy:

When it was dying, did the tach and/or speedo needles jump around?
If so, it is a loose ground.
Double check and don't foget the one by the ect sensor.
That's the one I missed.
Also make sure you have a crankshaft sensor hooked up either through an OBD1 dizzy or on a new oil pump with the sensor ran therelike your d16 did.
OBD2 dizzy's don't have an internal one, the OBD1 dizzy does.

but i am not getting codes for that at all my tach didn't jump up or down it was normal it just was acting like it was running out of gas, i have a half a tank of gas and i checked the injectors and they are spraying perfectly. so that rules out the fuel system, the ect is hooked up because i am getting temp reading and it is reading just fine, i have all brand new grounds on the engine i bought one of those kits(supose to give you like 5 to 10 horsepower <_< ) and remember the car was running perfectly there was no problem with the car until code 15 came up!

Originally posted by 97SIRTN@Feb 13 2005, 05:56 AM
When it was dying, did the tach and/or speedo needles jump around?
If so, it is a loose ground.
Double check and don't foget the one by the ect sensor.
That's the one I missed.
Also make sure you have a crankshaft sensor hooked up either through an OBD1 dizzy or on a new oil pump with the sensor ran therelike your d16 did.
OBD2 dizzy's don't have an internal one, the OBD1 dizzy does.
[post=460304]Quoted post[/post]​

also i was using an obd1 ecu before and the only code i had was a code for the primay o2 sensor, i changed that and it was fine so the cks is not a problem, and i am not sure if i can use an obd1 dizzy just for the fact that the connections are different

, and i am not sure if i can use an obd1 dizzy just for the fact that the connections are different
[post=460344]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
You can, just make a jumper. the wires basically match up color to color. I made mine from my d16 dizzy and the harness that came with the engine.

Back