I F***ing got fired...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

contact the BBB and tell them what happened. they dont take shit off any business

About $12 actually, and it's principal.
labor board is who I'm calling today, the news will be tomorrow, and Friday or Saturday I'll be posted up outside with writing all over my Jeep and a big ass sign :p
it is obvious no one is going to do anything and I have nothing to lose

This is how you get stuff done, people. Too many people nowadays just give up. Principal still has merit.

Rep for you!

I just called the Dept of Industrial Relations, and was told to file a wage complaint and a retaliation complaint, and that both taking the tip and firing me were violations of labor code. I also just talked to the Franchise business consultant for IHOP corporate, and found out that this mgr. is already being investigated for other stuff, so he probably won't be there much longer.

I also just talked to the Franchise business consultant for IHOP corporate, and found out that this mgr. is already being investigated for other stuff, so he probably won't be there much longer.

coincidence?
i think not.

i think you are handling this situation very well, keep a level head.
if all else fails, then you can go crazy.

Well, lets look at the bright side of this. You got canned from a shitty job with a shitty boss. A step you obviously weren't willing to take on your own. Now go find something better. And stay the hell away from the restraunt industry.

Well, lets look at the bright side of this. You got canned from a shitty job with a shitty boss. A step you obviously weren't willing to take on your own. Now go find something better. And stay the hell away from the restraunt industry.

jobs are hard to find in northern/central cali..
thats why he worked there, cuz he couldnt find something better.

my moms been looking for months, and she used to be one of the most desired employees in her industry for the area, but shes having a hard time finding anything.

jobs are hard to find in northern/central cali..
thats why he worked there, cuz he couldnt find something better.

my moms been looking for months, and she used to be one of the most desired employees in her industry for the area, but shes having a hard time finding anything.
Yep exactly. We would have at least 4 or 5 people coming in looking for jobs every day. many of them were middle age people who had been laid off from "real" jobs, and had nowhere else to look for a job.

This is everywhere, my girl came home tonight crying because she and 2 other ppl got laid off today.....sux, bad:(

Assuming you have a few bucks in the bank, you just move. ALWAYS keep 3 to 6 months living expenses in the bank. For shit like this.

Yea, I could probably go back to my old job back in SD, but I wouldn't want to because I finally came to the realization that I was headed nowhere there. The school I wanted to go to wasn't there. I was working full time for a good company, designing/drafting huge houses, but in the end it was a dead end job without a degree, so I made the decision to move.

If I moved back I would just be wasting time doing nothing.

Same shit happens at wal mart too, however we have access to any level of management at any time, its really hard to get fired if your past your 3 month temp status. We have had several complaints for alot of things, where the Labour Board was called and some things were changed immediately. However the reason why people dont speak up much about being mistreated is that they feel that their managers/supervisors will pick on them and such and it happens. Usually something can be done about it, but it depends on how you handle it and so forth. Wal mart doesnt fire people.... they force you to quit.

I myself almost experienced it. I have my availability set for having every friday and saturday off ( i work nights so they are the best days off). This was done almost 2 years ago. A fellow member of my maintenance team was promoted to maintenance manager, he is better than the last but he hated the idea of me always having those days off and not changing it. I refused to and he complained to our nights manager for months. One week i saw i had one less day a week, same with the next and the next. Full time are guaranteed 4 days a week so they took advantage of it. I asked what was going on, he said that "if your not going to open your availability you are cut down in hours, this comes from the Dean himself." Dean is the store manager. So i made an agreement, my availability stays as long as i can work the occasional fri/sat when needed, which is fair. So far i have only has to change it 3 times in almost a year.........so ya, fighting back can be risky, all depends on the people you work with.

Back