I feel like annoying the neocons today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sabz5150

FALCON PUNCH!!!
kirk.jpg

kirk.jpg

kirk.jpg

kirk.jpg

kirk.jpg

kirk.jpg

Funny, I can't seem to find any witty commentary, comic strips or cartoons that acurately describe my political viewpoints nor philosophy.

Take that as you will ;)

-> Steve

This isn't spam and it seems to be staying relatively quietfor now. If you don't like it, don't read it.

The biggest asshole on this site, with the biggest mouth on this site.....

is still...............

not going to say one word :D

i can behave myself.....really I can !!!!

and i agree with celery 100%.

The only thing annoying is that in the last few years polotical cartoonist haven't been nearly as funny as they used to be. The cartoons from the 80's and early 90's were some of the funnist political commentaries ever. Those are, I don't know, just boring, no wit. The problem is, it seems nowadays the political cartoonist are taking things to a more personal level, and lack the full picture enough to make it actually funny.

Bring back Doonesbury.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 20 2004, 01:16 PM
Those are, I don't know, just boring, no wit.

Well the truth is rarely exciting or witty. It doesn't need to be, it simply needs to be the truth.

Originally posted by Sabz5150+Apr 20 2004, 07:27 PM-->
@Apr 20 2004, 01:16 PM

Well the truth is rarely exciting or witty. It doesn't need to be, it simply needs to be the truth.

Funny you should use the word truth when refering to satirical representations.

And yes, political cartoons need to be funny, if they aren't the they might as well be just another boring tirade about political opinion. Humor is one of the best forms of comunication, and can be used to overdramatisize a view point, and help sway opinions, or at least explain them in terms others find enjoyable.

Originally posted by Sabz5150@Apr 20 2004, 01:27 PM

aint that the truth.

an opinion, is just that, an opinion why do people take such offense

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Apr 20 2004, 01:49 PM-->
Originally posted by Sabz5150@Apr 20 2004, 07:27 PM
92b16vx

And yes, political cartoons need to be funny, if they aren't the they might as well be just another boring tirade about political opinion. Humor is one of the best forms of comunication, and can be used to overdramatisize a view point, and help sway opinions, or at least explain them in terms others find enjoyable.

I find lots of humor in the comparison of Bush's policies and '1984'. "Oceania is at war with East Asia. Oceania has always been at war with East Asia". 9/11 opened the Neocon Pandora's Box if you will, giving them a perfect reason to change the world and use military force to do whatever the hell they please. The only reason he needs to wage war with ANYONE is 9/11. He keeps this country in a perpetual state of fear so that we will comply with anything he says. He used the fear of WMDs to go to war with Iraq and the INSTANT that the WMD claims come up dry, the reasons change from WMDs to "he's an evil man" just as fast as the target of all this crap went from Osama to Saddam and back. "Oceania is at war with Eurasia. Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia."

Take a good look at the Patriot Act. That thing is 100% pure rights violation. I could take the original Constitution of the United States, set it on fire, piss on the ashes, and STILL do less damage to it than the Patriot Act. It basically gives the government and law enforcement blanket power to do damn near anything they want. We no longer need search warrants, there no longer needs to be a reason to monitor phone conversations or data transfers. If we say anything that goes against our glorious president's way, we're given a cool nickname: Terrorist. The National Education Association opposed Bush's horribly flawed No Child Left Behind Act, something that has NOTHING TO DO with 9/11, al-qeada or any of those other buzzwords, and the administration's Education advisor calls them a "Terrorist Organization". The Bush administration calling the largest teacher association in the US a terrorist organization. Why? Because they opposed the president.

I find all of this very humorous, don't you? Granted they're 20 years late of the estimated time, but hey... better late than never.

Shit, thought police are looking for me. Gotta go!

The Patriot Act, FYI, has been around for over 25 years. There are several major acts that lie in waiting, already passed decades ago, that can be openly and freely editted with little or no public input.

-> Steve

We have never been free, and since 1776 the Constitution has been able to be circumvented.

Originally posted by Sabz5150@Apr 20 2004, 09:27 PM

I am talking about the cartoons, you're trying to mince politics. If you're going to start a topic stay with it, the cartoons aren't funny.

Do you reall ythink the "Thought police" care about what you say? I mean really, there are much bigger WAY more influencal fish to fry. Fish that actually can hold a specific train of thought and come up with relevent arguements, instead of boring dribble.

Originally posted by Sabz5150+Apr 20 2004, 03:27 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 20 2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Sabz5150@Apr 20 2004, 07:27 PM
92b16vx

I find lots of humor in the comparison of Bush's policies and '1984'. "Oceania is at war with East Asia. Oceania has always been at war with East Asia". 9/11 opened the Neocon Pandora's Box if you will, giving them a perfect reason to change the world and use military force to do whatever the hell they please. The only reason he needs to wage war with ANYONE is 9/11. He keeps this country in a perpetual state of fear so that we will comply with anything he says. He used the fear of WMDs to go to war with Iraq and the INSTANT that the WMD claims come up dry, the reasons change from WMDs to "he's an evil man" just as fast as the target of all this crap went from Osama to Saddam and back. "Oceania is at war with Eurasia. Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia."

Take a good look at the Patriot Act. That thing is 100% pure rights violation. I could take the original Constitution of the United States, set it on fire, piss on the ashes, and STILL do less damage to it than the Patriot Act. It basically gives the government and law enforcement blanket power to do damn near anything they want. We no longer need search warrants, there no longer needs to be a reason to monitor phone conversations or data transfers. If we say anything that goes against our glorious president's way, we're given a cool nickname: Terrorist. The National Education Association opposed Bush's horribly flawed No Child Left Behind Act, something that has NOTHING TO DO with 9/11, al-qeada or any of those other buzzwords, and the administration's Education advisor calls them a "Terrorist Organization". The Bush administration calling the largest teacher association in the US a terrorist organization. Why? Because they opposed the president.

I find all of this very humorous, don't you? Granted they're 20 years late of the estimated time, but hey... better late than never.

quit trying to be me.

your arguements are just incessant rating, raving and mindless dribble.

/quit trying to be me

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Apr 20 2004, 05:36 PM
quit trying to be me.

/quit trying to be me

You're way too self flattering. Why in the hell would I try to be you?

Now THAT's funny.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Apr 20 2004, 04:46 PM-->
@Apr 20 2004, 09:27 PM

I am talking about the cartoons, you're trying to mince politics. If you're going to start a topic stay with it, the cartoons aren't funny.

Do you reall ythink the "Thought police" care about what you say? I mean really, there are much bigger WAY more influencal fish to fry. Fish that actually can hold a specific train of thought and come up with relevent arguements, instead of boring dribble.

Fine, back to topic. The comics aren't supposed to be funny. They're supposed to be true, and that is exactly what they are. The artist hits specific issues as hard as he can without any need to dazzle it up with funny commentary. There's no need for it. The raw truth speaks well enough for itself.

And honestly, you'd be suprised how much law enforcement attention I've been able to gain. Nah, no terror or thought police crap. But anyway...

someone post that picture of the retarded kid crossing the finish line to remind me why not to get involved in this.....

please

Originally posted by Tonyd0821+Apr 20 2004, 08:20 PM-->
Originally posted by Sabz5150@Apr 20 2004, 08:13 PM
Tonyd0821
@Apr 20 2004, 05:36 PM
quit trying to be me.

/quit trying to be me

You're way too self flattering. Why in the hell would I try to be you?

Now THAT's funny.

no whats FUNNY is, how 92b16 or whoever he is......the shit he was talking about you :lol:

We've gone back and forth about all kinds of shit. Do ya really think I take to heart what he says? Do you think I take to heart what YOU say?

I just enjoy getting you guys all riled up :)

Back