I fell alseep at the wheel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you are supposed to keep logs, times, mileage records...

Sorry my bad, that was the drinking and driving new law. The alcohol content while driving on a "G" licence went from .08 to .05 BAC. so if your caught between those 2 numbers you get a 3-day suspension. I think they can just charge you for sleep deprevation if they suspect you are really tired. It is considered driving under the influence here in Ontario.

Yeah we also have a new law that if you get caught going 50km/h over the speed limit they crush your fucking car. However, a drunk driving can get caught up to 5 fucking times before they arrest him/her and jail them for 10years and over $100,000 fine. This law is complete and utter fucking bullshit. Canada is a great country but it is strict on street racers.

I woke up doing 100ish mph toward the rear of a stopped flat bed semi that was carrying large slabs of stone. Parked in the middle of the highway.

Turned and missed by inches, went into a little slide into the oncoming lane where I saw headlights fast approaching.. Locked it down and spun it off into the ditch to avoid a head on. Almost died twice in less than a second.

Took me 15 minutes to snap out of it.. Sitting in the ditch with my mind racing 3 million miles an hour. I just sat there freaked the fuck out. Semi drove away, car drove off.. It was like 3am in the middle of freakin nowhere. Spun 4 times I think, no idea why I didn't roll over in the ditch. Destroyed 4 brand spanking new tires. I had just installed them the day before.. Had I not, the old tires never would have gripped like that, and I would have creamed the ass end of that semi. That would have been a closed casket funeral.

Lesson learned though, if I start nodding off, I'll pull over and sleep for at least 30 minutes.

Back