I finally found my perfect winter beater car....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

See! I HAD to buy this car. It was the logical thing to do. </Spock>

Good find for 2500!!

When it dies you're going to have fun putting all that stuff into your Si.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Nov 17 2003, 12:24 PM
Congrats on the find, now hurry up and get the parts, and I'll slap it together.

Thanks Clayton! I'm starting to gather them. I'm going OEM on the timingbelt & water pump change. I know that you are really busy with your own cars right now. Maybe sometime next week? Plus I think that Kaori will like driving this car too. :)

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Nov 17 2003, 05:54 PM
Thanks Mike! Btw everyone, I am not actually going to "beat" on this car. I have never abused any of my cars. If the road conditions are that bad out, I will just stay home.

shes 100 percent correct. she doesnt beat on her Si. i do. :lol:

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX+Nov 17 2003, 11:45 PM-->
94RedSiGal
@Nov 17 2003, 05:54 PM
Thanks Mike! Btw everyone, I am not actually going to "beat" on this car. I have never abused any of my cars. If the road conditions are that bad out, I will just stay home.

And she likes the way that you beat on her... ;)

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Nov 17 2003, 11:47 PM-->
Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Nov 17 2003, 11:45 PM
94RedSiGal
@Nov 17 2003, 05:54 PM
Thanks Mike!  Btw everyone, I am not actually going to "beat" on this car.  I have never abused any of my cars.  If the road conditions are that bad out, I will just stay home.

And she likes the way that you beat on her... ;)

yup... she dances like my stock hatchie did... cuz its much alike the same car with 25 more horses. :(

Good find ! I would say that this shouldn't be the "beater" at all. Like Noah says, this car is in better shape than your Si (Even though I like the Si more). This car seems great, but I would think you would wait until spring - Do all the maintanance items, then sell it for big profit. THEN buy a project car. Your talk of the Z sounded more up your alley.

You'll find that the Si is better in the snow anyway.

-> Steve

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Nov 18 2003, 12:24 AM
so the car with more options, less mileage, and more power is the winter car? :huh:

I love my Si above all other cars. After so many miles together, there is just a strong bond between us. The GS-R is definitely more car, but almost too refined and almost without soul. She arrives in the morning, I'll see how the relationship develops. B)

Again, I don't beat on any of my cars... that's why they tend to last forever. :)

steve- you have a jeep. isn't that a beater? lol

martine- bad ass.
drop the gsr in the hatch, and put the z6 in the teg!! lol

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 18 2003, 10:43 AM
steve- you have a jeep. isn't that a beater? lol

martine- bad ass.
drop the gsr in the hatch, and put the z6 in the teg!! lol

yeah, but not when Abbie will be driving it over the winter...therefore I need a beater...plus gas is killing me in the HEEP y0

Sisters...

sisters.jpg

Gypsy indicating her favorite chariot... :D

sisters1.jpg

I didn't realize how close in size the two of them were. Damn... life is good! :)

SiSteve- If fuel efficiency is a concern, there's a VX hatch for $2200 up in Boston...

Hrmmm...its a little bit out of my price range, tops I would like to spend is 1500.00

Originally posted by sisteve@Nov 18 2003, 11:41 AM
Hrmmm...its a little bit out of my price range, tops I would like to spend is 1500.00

What kinds of cars would you consider? Manual or automatic? Are you mechanically saavy?

"1991 Honda Civic hatch back manual, brand new clutch and many new parts. 200,000 miles all highway mileage! Only 1500 miles on the new clutch.

Runs great both local and highway. I'm moving soon so I only need to keep one car with me and sell this one. $890"

Im leaning towards honda/acura/vw/toyota

or

Ford/Chevy/Dodge Pickups

Lol. yes I am mechanically savvy...I only do my own work except rear-end work on the heep ;)

look at my next project...now is the time to buy, before I go get an engine for the accord...and it's got torque...tons of it, a little JB weld, and you can get it home...$1200 now for the car, and the Engine delivered to your house for an extra $300, you do the swap, and you can build it yourself...if I drop the engine in, and clean up the car, it could easily fetch $3500...nice solid car. Leaking block....easy swap...and you are on a honda swap board...hehe

I am kind of looking for a car that doesnt require to much work to get running...but Ill keep it in mind :)

I want that Brat more than ever. Subaru Brats, I think, make the perfect winter / utility car. Easy to store at the side of the house, lots of fun to drive, with a simple suspension and motorline. Fun the in the summer, Fun in the winter. Good on gas, part-time 4WD and doesn't require large truck tires and suspension.

-> Steve

Back