I finally found my perfect winter beater car....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Nov 18 2003, 12:00 PM-->
@Nov 18 2003, 11:41 AM
Hrmmm...its a little bit out of my price range, tops I would like to spend is 1500.00

What kinds of cars would you consider? Manual or automatic? Are you mechanically saavy?

"1991 Honda Civic hatch back manual, brand new clutch and many new parts. 200,000 miles all highway mileage! Only 1500 miles on the new clutch.

Runs great both local and highway. I'm moving soon so I only need to keep one car with me and sell this one. $890"

oooooh!!!! where is this beast located?

BlackFrog- I'll PM you with the info. But the car is near Boston.

Sisteve- What about this one?

"Blue 86 4Runner- A beater, but a beaut! - $500
Date: 2003-11-18, 8:32PM

For a 17 year old car, she's in pretty good shape. But here's a list of what's wrong...

-Heat doesn't work
-Tailgate doesn't open (needs a new release cable)
-Parking brake needs to be repaired (already failed inspection)

Everything under the hood is in great shape. Brakes are 2 years old, engine cooling system is 1.5 years old, exhaust system is 6 months old and the battery is 3 months old. Only around 150k miles on it.

All she needs to pass inspection is the emergency brake fixed. I love the car but I just can't afford this latest repair. Please give her a good home."

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Nov 18 2003, 09:51 PM
-Heat doesn't work

On a 4 runner that means Head Gasket or Heater core... Both a BITCH to do.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 18 2003, 10:43 AM
drop the gsr in the hatch, and put the z6 in the teg!! lol

i actually suggested this long before she bought the car. B)

perhaps scrap the teg and sell the z6 to clayton? thats some potential for those turbo parts.

not to borgart this thread.... but steve, why don't you buy jee'fs crx?

get a maaco job on it.... and be done with it. it runs fine

not blowing heat is a seriously bad thing.

-> Steve

yup... im such an idiot for wating till it was cold to change the thermostat in the rage. blows hot nice and quick.

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX+Nov 18 2003, 11:54 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Nov 18 2003, 10:43 AM
drop the gsr in the hatch, and put the z6 in the teg!! lol

i actually suggested this long before she bought the car. B)

perhaps scrap the teg and sell the z6 to clayton? thats some potential for those turbo parts.

NO!!! :eek: The Si is also my work car. I haul my antiques to out of state shows like Texas in it. It's reliable and I can put 87 octane gas in it. I want to keep my Si simple and SOHC. The teg will be good for around New England. I'll see how it grows on me. The teg is obviously more powerful and with more features, but perhaps boring in her smoothness. Driving an Si is a more exciting experience. Maybe because she's red... and has the Koni's in her. Buying a set of Koni's for the teg very soon... wheeeee!!!!!!!

Also the steering rack is different between the two cars? The Si has power assisted steering, whereas the teg has full power steering perhaps? The Si just feels more in touch with the road so far. :huh:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 19 2003, 01:32 AM
not to borgart this thread.... but steve, why don't you buy jee'fs crx?

get a maaco job on it.... and be done with it. it runs fine

:worthy: I am not in a hurry to sell it anymore, but its still for sale. My deal fell through on the s dime. Tellling a sales man to fuck off breaks the deal, lol. I am thinking about buying a Silverado now and getting rid of the z. WHo fucking knows. Buy a Chevy truck.

a buddy of mine just traded his 98 banshee with ported head, exhaust and extra rims/tires for a 95 chevy s10 rwd... 75k miles mint condition. 5spd. :eek:

I found a SWEET :) 87 Crx DX (Carbed :( ) for 600 bucks, needs a new head, but that is included in the price.

No rust and 85k on the odom...should I? Its 45m outside of philly...Ill have to rent a tow dolly

Originally posted by sisteve@Nov 19 2003, 02:25 PM
I found a SWEET :) 87 Crx DX (Carbed :( ) for 600 bucks, needs a new head, but that is included in the price.

No rust and 85k on the odom...should I? Its 45m outside of philly...Ill have to rent a tow dolly

Sounds like Bill Duffy's car...

Originally posted by sisteve@Nov 19 2003, 02:25 PM

do it, but there are plenty of others in this area...

I'll have an extra head when I get around to pulling out the dead engine, to replace it with the engine I got from your parts car...hehe, if you want the head back, just come grab it...then you can slap on some weber 45 Doec's...and kick the snott out ouf a lot of other cars...

Steve, There is a first gen in Westbrook past my marina going towards Clinton. Its on the right hand side past all of the boat dealerships at some kind of tune and lube place. It looks like a red si. I can check it out next time I am in that area which should be within a week.

What a small world! lol. I was considering buying his car also... at about the same time I went to VA to look at the '84 CRX with Chris last week. It sounded like a good project car. I just didn't feel like towing it back home. I only wanted to consider cars that were drivable. Well not my idea of a good winter car, because of its light body construction. But being FWD, it will be okay in the snow. And later on, it will be great to autocross in the summer.

you suck, I love Sedans, My integra is a sedan, that's why I bought it. Minus the extra weight I love hte way the Integra Sedans look, God Im an idiot...
nice find...

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Nov 19 2003, 07:20 PM
you suck, I love Sedans, My integra is a sedan, that's why I bought it. Minus the extra weight I love hte way the Integra Sedans look, God Im an idiot...
nice find...

I love looking at this car too. It's so damn sexy. lol. Eg hatches are still first in my heart. I feel lucky that I get such a rush looking at both of my cars. :wub: And this grey color is really yummy too. Dark metallic grey>>>taffeta white... B) :p

What did you do for weight reduction in your sedan? How many pounds lighter than stock is it do you think? And what rims do you have on your car?

Back