I Found A Leak...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

randerson165

I have had this continueing (however you spell it) problem with coolant loss. I have found one leak for sure, there may be more. Ok, don't shoot me for this stupid question, I could be wrong too, but if your in front of the car looking into the engine, on the left side of the block, isn't that the tranny ? if so, right on the top corner in front of me next to the name badge there is super tiny bubbles coming out. Can i do anything to fix this myself, or do i need to take it to a shop ??? HELP (my engine is d16y8)

The leak is where the tranny meets the block. I have another leak somewhere else because there is coolant on my block. I had a guy look at it and he said the coolant is leaking out and not in (for the time being). My head was machined 2 times and he thinks that they took to much off. Does this make sense, or is this guy toying with me ? I know very very little (nothing). But the only reason I noticed the leak were the tranny meets the block is there is coolant sitting on top of the seam and I could see bubbles, kinda like when you test your air matress for leaks and you see bubbles were you rubbed on the dishwashing soap. Well anyways, he thinks I need a new head !!! what do you guys think I should do. Also, if I put on a new head, this still won't fix the problem were the tranny meets the block. I will take pictures so you know what I'm talking about if you tell me how I can get them on here. Thanks

The only way I could see you having coolant come out of that spot is if you have a crack in your block inside where the block meets the housing.

the tranny and the block is a dry conection ie no fluid what you describe sound like somthing is leaking on to it or buy it
can you go to the car wash and wash the motor then tell me what color the fliud is (red, greenish brown, black, or is it almost clear)
we have to determine what type of fluid is leaking before we can tell you where the leak is coming from
also check and record all your fliud levels
oil
tranny
brake
coolant

just pressure check the hoses and see where the coolent shoots out...it definitly sounds like you're leaking outta one of your hoses...just bring it to a shop and have them check your hoses....

Ok, so if the block and tranny is a dry connection, I must have some air leaking out where the two join. That is one leak. My second leak is coming from my head I believe. I have some coolant looking fluid (green) that covers the eninge badge. I wipe it clean and about 2-3 days later, it is covered again. Its not alot and it doesn't leak too fast, but I need to know where it is from. I talked to a guy and he told me since my head was machined twice, that too much may have been taken off. How do I pressure check hoses and such. Is that the tool that you put on your radiator cap and check for 15psi ? I went to Sacramento last weekend and I had to stop and put more coolant in about 4 times, each being when my car is 4K rpm or more and when I was going up a hill. Does this help at all.

i would trying getting a new head gasket there super chae also check the torque loads on all of the head bolts to ensure non have unloaded there torque load Also when you instal the head gasket use some red high temp gasket maker areound the edges
can you go to the wash and hose off you engine
and tell what color the bubbling fluid is?

If i go to the .25 cent wash, where they have a pressure washer gun and a soap gun, if I use the water gun on my engine, is that safe ? Will it harm the engine at all ?

no just make sure you dist canp is secure and if you have a cold air intake cover the filter up

Back