I found my R6 that got jacked

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
So tonite I rolled down to ASI with a couplea guys because I had nothing better to do, and I'd never been out really on the bike in Houston. We get to the parking lot and there's a couplea other bikes there, no big deal. About 5 minutes later, I see a pair of headlights pulling into the lot. I think to myself 'hrm, those look like R6 headlights', think nothing of it, and light a cigarette. A few seconds later, Ricky is grabbing my arm and going 'Dude, isn't that your old bike?' I look, and lo and behold, there's a black Rhino Lined R6 with red Yamaha lettering parked over by itsself. We casually walk over to it and look it over, and sure enough, everything is there. The ziptie stitches, the bondo'd front signals, even the scrapes on the Yamaha sticker where I scraped it against a parking block. We walked away and called the cops, and told them what was going on. One of the guys goes over and starts talking to the dude who was on the R6 to keep him there. The dude says 'I'm gonna go meet some of my buddies, I'll be right back' and rides off. JUST as he's riding off, the cop car rolls up. I sprint over to the cop car and say 'That was it that just drove off!' The cops burn off after it, and three seconds later the guy pulls BACK in with a couplea other guys. I jump on my (new) bike and take off after the cop car. About three blocks later, I pull up to it and smack their window and scream 'He's back in the fucking parking lot! He's fucking on my bike in the fucking parking lot!' and they hit the lights and burn back.

I give the cops my vin number and they check the bike, and sure enough the frame doesn't match...and neither does the motor. I tell the cops EVERYTHING about the bike...every screw that's missing, where the bondo is, where the scratches and rash are. Long story short, they decide the bike has been chopped already and impound it, and let the guy that was on it go. They couldn't pin anything on him since the vin's didn't match up, and all they were going on was my word and recollection of every detail of the bike.

Pretty much what it was was a different bike, with my front wheel, front forks, gas tank, exhaust midpipe, and fairings.

I'm probably never gonna see the bike in one piece again, but at least I know the ****** that stole it doesn't have it anymore.

That, and I've got a pretty yellow 929 to keep me occupied, too.

better lock your new shit up cause the guys knows what your riding now.
might try to retaliate for getting the bike impounded

wow at least you figured out how did it, and :werd: you better get some leverlocks, rotor locks, alarm system, and keep your shit inside

I would of whooped his ass!

But you did the right thing though!

Thats when you take things into your own hands and stomp the shit out of him.

good god man
i don't know how you managed to stay calm and call the cops... i would have been smashing his face with a tire iron or something...

:thumbsup: for you keeping your cool

i know i would lose my shit if i ever found a car with pieces of my stolen civic on it...

wow, i couldnt imagine that happening. If you see the guy again, ask him where he got those sick fairings and gastank...

i recommend chaining your front tire, rear tire, and frame together, then a seperate one for the frame to something thats grounded.

That kid probably kknows the guy who chopped it, but might not realize that they are all stolen....

well, i would hope that he at least got taken in on possession of stolen property for further questioning

did you lose a lot of $$$ on the bike? did the insurance company fuck you?

Wow. That's some shit. Way to keep your composure, and keep your head on a swivel.

Quoted post[/post]]
wow, i couldnt imagine that happening. If you see the guy again, ask him where he got those sick fairings and gastank...

i recommend chaining your front tire, rear tire, and frame together, then a seperate one for the frame to something thats grounded.

That kid probably kknows the guy who chopped it, but might not realize that they are all stolen....
really he could have just bought a chopped bike without knowing. you cant just go around beating the shit out of people.

I actually got WAY more than the bike was worth from the insurance company, which is why I wasn't too terribly pissed about everything...

very nice, great to hear all around

cool head + good insurance payout = you won twice

so how do you like the 929?
how does it compare to the R6?
which one gets you more tail?

i still cant believe u got paid for ur bike already

i still have 0 cash from my car being stolen IN JANUARY!!!!!!!!!! yes theyve made an offer or 2 but nothing even close to half of what it was worth

but +1 for aholes getting what they deserve

The 929 is awesome. It isn't NEAR as nimble as the R6 was, and I've gotta muscle it through corners whereas I could flick the R6 around with complete ease...but goddamn is it fast. It doesn't handle bad by any means, it handles a LOT better than a friend of mine's Ninja ZX6R, and it'll come out of corners like a fucking Christian Conservative out of a whorehouse. I can power it up in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and it feels like it'll power up in 4th (although I haven't tried)...I'm sure the full Akra titanium exhaust and PC2 account for a lot of that. I'm not positive of the exact numbers it put down, but I'm gonna try to get it on a dyno soon and see what she puts down. The throttle is a LOT more responsive than the R6, partially because it's a literbike and partially because it's FI...the riding position on the 929 is a lot different than the R6, the Yami felt like a more race-oriented leaned-forward sort of seating, while the Honda is more upright. The seat on the CBR is uncomfortable as fuck, too, and it feels like a goddamn cinder block.

And I haven't really gone out on the 929 yet, since I work all the damn time and when I'm not at work I'm at school (for the most part), but so far the R6 pulled more ass...it stood out more. The 929 blends in with every other sportbike to a normal non-riding person, whereas the R6 stood out and looked mean as fuck...wasn't a single bike I've ever seen (in person) that looked like it (which is partially why everyone noticed the n***** ride up on it)...it just stood out...

I dunno, what the 929 lacks in handling it makes up for in power...what the R6 lacked in power, it more than made up for in handling. If I had it my way, I'd have a Sharkskinned R6 as a weekend trackbike and the 929 as my streetbike....if shit works out, I might end up with just that.

w00t!

Quoted post[/post]]

I dunno, what the 929 lacks in handling it makes up for in power...what the R6 lacked in power, it more than made up for in handling. If I had it my way, I'd have a Sharkskinned R6 as a weekend trackbike and the 929 as my streetbike....if shit works out, I might end up with just that.

w00t!

Or sell the 929 and buy a new liter bike and call it a day.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

w00t!

Or sell the 929 and buy a new liter bike and call it a day.

or....not...

Back