1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I give up.

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Matts96HB, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

As of 45 min ago, my car has been stolen and is missing again.

This happened last January, when the sound system was stripped and what not. MY dad found the car, i replaced broken plastic, radio,speakers, etc. and put an LS swap and a bunch of other goodies in.

Now, someone wanted my car bad enough to find a way past the $500 viper alarm, and make away with my car while I was on a 7 hour shift at work.

I'm gonna miss my hatch if they dont find it :(

Now I have had turbo parts and my car stolen from me. Im fucking pissed.

FUCK THIEVES.

Im getting out of Hondas.

2. dacheat

dacheat ..is grounded.

holy crap. where do you live?

3. Matts96HB

Spokane, Washington.

Police havent even showed up yet to file a report. This is such bullshit. Last time it was a little over an hour and a half before they showed up.

4. dacheat

dacheat ..is grounded.

if/when anyone does show up i'd take some badge #s down and note the response time. you can vent a little of your frustration in a nicely put letter to the chief of police expressing your concerns about how criminals tend to thrive in environments where law enforcement appears/is apathetic and lazy.

grrrr. i'm pissed for you/your car.

5. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

next time put a alarm on it the brake club, steering club, and shifter club,.and a kill battery

6. Matts96HB

^ Thanks for the tip. Still no sign of the fucking cops, this is bullshit.

Ill definately be taking badge numbers. My car is probably 3 states away by now.

7. Matts96HB

Oh and PS, I had an ignition killswitch setup behind the A/C button.

You have the ac button pushed in, it would start.

It was definately not pushed in, so someone knew what they were doing, or they knew my car.

8. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

sounds like they new your car.you could always buy a parking boot lol

9. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Sorry to hear the news bro.

10. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

oh man hope you get your ride back in time before they do some serious damage to it.

11. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

when i sold my hatch shell that was stolen the guy who bought it told me about a little trick as for tracking your car.. get one of those kids prepaid phones that parents give them, (the ones that have tracking devices in them) . pay the $10 a month for the GPS service.. as long as it stays charged and on you can track it.. wonder what they'd do then when the cops show up an hour after they jacked the car.. haha...

i'm really thinking about doing this w/ my GFs GSR and make it a bait car.. you'd just have to hide it really well.. seeing that the tear apart the car looking for tracking shit, they did mine anyways.. the pulled out the alarm and broke it or something thinking it was tracking them or something since it was a paging alarm and had a small antenna above the mirror

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  12. Matts96HB

^Thats a pretty good idea. I think I might have to do that on my next car, or this one.

"Law Enforcement" finally showed up at 11:30 last night.

Car was stolen at 9 30

13. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

at least they came at all....

sorry to hear man :(

14. eg6sir

yea.. i'm really contemplating doing it with her car.. it was her idea to leave it as bait too.. haha..

when mine was stolen .. they were here in 10 minutes...

15. Matts96HB

Where the hell do you live? I'm moving in. lol.

Anyway, I talked to the cops today. They haven't seen/heard anything of it. They have no leads, this really isn't looking good.

A couple people at school have said that they saw it late last night. That was around 10-10:30 on a side street near my school, and they all just figured it was me driving.

I reported the road it was sighted on, and the direction of travel. I skipped 4th period today and went with a buddy to search some of the nearby neighborhoods and found nothing.

I'm expecting to see a piss-poor check from insurance, something in the range of 3k. (1996 Civic with 180k mi, what can I expect?)

I did NOT have aftermarket coverage, and I'm sure an engine swap wouldn't be covered in that anyway.

16. 93civicracer

93civicracer Oh, I do a little here and there.

Man I'm really sorry to hear that. I woke up in a sweat the other night I had a nightmare that I woke up and looked out the window and my Civic was gone I hope to God that wasn't a premonition.

I'm gonna buy some damn wheel-locks and a quick detach Sparco steering wheel.

Makes me want to find a way to rig it up for a chainsaw to cut someone to bits if they get in the car without the key.

17. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

If I ever swap my car, I'm considering doing the GPS phone tracking.

Additionally, just rig the car with 2-3lbs of Syntex explosives, and a remote detonating device. People might stop stealing cars if they worry about them blowing up.

Sucks though dude. What sucks even more is that more than likely someone you know probably had a hand in stealing it. I'm starting to get worried about here, guys in Worcester are starting to have their cars flat-bedded away.

18. eg6sir

that will do nothing.. if they want it they'll get it.. i had my injector ground remove so there is no way they could even start my car.. well, they didnt need to .. they pushed it onto a trailor and drove off with it that way

my GF had wheel locks on her wheels.. they got jacked the same damn night

19. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

point is, if someone wants your car, they will get it. the only solution is to put it in a garage. even then it can get stolen. you just can't have anything nice these days.

20. 93civicracer

93civicracer Oh, I do a little here and there.

Hmm...I wonder if you installed an alarm like a LOUD ASS FUCKING alarm that's run off a separate battery because it requires too much voltage for your battery and the slightest touch would make a sound soooo LOUD that it can be heard for a mile away? Like say put a horn from a choo choo train in the trunk or something. Have it customized with your voice and it just keeps repeating "GET THE FUCK OFF MY CAR" "GET THE FUCK OFF MY CAR" "GET THE FUCK OFF MY CAR" and you can hear it from a mile away. That'd be theft proof.

Or rig it up like they did in the doll movie Bride of Chucky. Where the cop opens the door and when he sits down the nails fly all in his face.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted