I got a letter in the mail today...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
"Congratulations, your loan has been approved!"

However theres a catch. I need to prove I make what I told them by showing them a paystub. =) =) =) easy enough.

I first put the loan in for a Condo I found for 145K with garage. however that fell through but we went ahead and figured what the heck lets put the loan in for 165K and see where we sit.

I'm watching the rates hoping they stay down for as long as I can wait. as soon as they start to go up I'm jumpin on a house.

As of LAST NIGHT I paid off my last credit card bill of $2100. right now I owe nothing to anyone other then Nissan for my 350Z =)~ at the rate I'm going I should beable to put away $1500-2000 a month for a down payment. well I take that back I have 2 things left on my list of things to buy. a nicer heavier riding jacket, and a hand gun. =) Marry Xmas to myself.

I do have to say being 21 and getting approved for a house loan while owning all the toys I own. I feel pretty good right now. most of my friends who are 5+ years older then me can't get a loan that high even with a cobuyer (gf/bf/hubby/wife). I guess credit plays a big part in it and the way you build/lose it really makes a differance.

welp the easy parts over now I need to find something that's not a total POS W/garage and buy it =)

sweet action man, I can't wait to get my 2700 paid off between my two credit cards... a consolidation loan for that and a few other things may be in order, if I can get approved.

wtf?

wasn't it just this year that you got your GED? :dunno:

you're 21 and got approved for 165k?? AND drive a 350z?

wtf?

<----------wants to know

he works his ass off for it.

a degree is only a piece of paper. its the person that can work his way up in a company by showing the upper's what one is capabale of.

i did the same shit.

i did phone support/help desk, and now im a developer.

Yeah I was 23 when me and the wife got approved for 170K Loan for our house.. Of course for a year we put all our money away.. I sold my Eclipse (which I sill cry about once and awhile) and came down with 30K for a Down Payment.. That sucked writing that check out, but Owning your own house is just amazing.. Good luck man..

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 22 2004, 08:20 PM

a degree is only a piece of paper. its the person that can work his way up in a company by showing the upper's what one is capabale of.

i did the same shit.

[post=436192]Quoted post[/post]​

me too, exact same story. but now that i have my degree my pay just doubled :)

but yes, credit does go a long way. i was very surprised to know my credit score was 750+, got my a great intrest rate on the evo when i bought it.

Originally posted by B16+Dec 23 2004, 01:18 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Dec 22 2004, 08:20 PM

a degree is only a piece of paper.  its the person that can work his way up in a company by showing the upper's what one is capabale of.

i did the same shit.

but yes, credit does go a long way. i was very surprised to know my credit score was 750+, got my a great intrest rate on the evo when i bought it.
[post=436418]Quoted post[/post]​

I had minimal credit and I got a bad ass rate on the Civic myself. 5.7% owns pretty much any other interest rate I've seen from any other bank and especially dealer I've looked at.

Of course it helps when you go through a credit union you've had an account at for 10+ years.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Dec 24 2004, 07:56 PM-->
Originally posted by B16@Dec 23 2004, 01:18 PM
pissedoffsol
@Dec 22 2004, 08:20 PM

i did the same shit.

[post=436418]Quoted post[/post]​

I had minimal credit and I got a bad ass rate on the Civic myself. 5.7% owns pretty much any other interest rate I've seen from any other bank and especially dealer I've looked at.

Of course it helps when you go through a credit union you've had an account at for 10+ years.
[post=436911]Quoted post[/post]​

I get things in the mail from my credit cards for auto loans

"heres a check for up to 30K at 1.9% for us on an auto"
I also get the mortage loans, capital one can get me a 5% loan rate up to 200K =)

yeah I had 1.9% on my civic, and im only 20. :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 25 2004, 06:10 PM
yeah dude, 5.x really isn't that good.
[post=437200]Quoted post[/post]​

I didn't say it was the best rate ever... I just said it's better than anythign I've seen around here. It's a fixed rate through the credit union, considering eveyr other bank is 10% and every dealer uses banks with 15% and then tacks on another 10% for themselves, I'd say 5.7 is pretty damn good.

Back