i got a new apartment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

racintweek

some of you may have read my FS post about me being evicted
even though none of you bought anything :angry:
i managed to get a new place

i move in on friday, right now i only have 1 truck so if anyone who has a truck wants to help me move on sunday i'd really appreciate it
beer is provided :D
its in arlington VA

anyways, its not the greatest location but its a pretty big place

2br, 1ba, large kitchen ~1000 sq/ft
all utilities incl and 2 parking spots
only $1125 mo (cheap for this area)

good deal but me and my buddy pay 600 total for a new 4 bedroom with two baths free internet and cable

If I was closer I would help but I'm like 43949585 miles away. Right now I'm paying $366 for a shitty old house on campus, nothing included. The new place I'm moving into in PA in a week and a half is $420 everything included

Originally posted by 90 accord@Jul 21 2004, 03:28 PM
thats cool mang!

11+ a month is nuts.. my house payment is about that..
[post=366388]Quoted post[/post]​

i live in about 3 miles from DC and obviously it isnt cheap
thats what happens when the average income in the area is 90K+
as soon as i get a down payment saved up i'm going to get a house outside of the city

my fiancee and i have been looking at houses for sale about 30 min south of DC where i used to live and they are less than half the price

3br 2ba w/ no yard in DC metro area ~600K and up
4br 2.5ba w/ 4acres+ in Fredericksburg area ~135-160K

i get the keys on Friday so i dont have any real pics yet

mine is the same except only 1 bathroom
PropertyID2178Floorplan2766.gif

hey i just got an apartment last week, too.

studio with utilities except electric. very clean and quiet. $300 a month. it's my first place, so i don't even fill up this place. it'll do well for college. or until i get a roommate and a bigger place with a garage.

thats not too bad, mine is 925 a month w/only electricity....no heat or cable or internet.. kinda sucks but its cheaper than living in the dorms so my rents are paying for it. (yeah, dorms are stupid expensive here) 11+ isnt too bad, its about the same where i go to school for a nice 2-3 bedroom. college towns suck to live in when you want to live on your own. layout looks good, good luck there!

living in the dorms blows, unless you want to drink from the same shit and get hep C, contract some STD, or get shit grades...way too much distraction for a newbie into college...

Hmmm....I don't pay shit for rent. I have about 1200 sq. ft. to myself. 3 br, 1 bath, laundry room, living room, dining room, kitchen. $350 a month, which includes water, sewer, and garbage. The going rate for this place was $570, but since I rent from my mom, I got it lowered. This isn't the place next door to my mommy or anything. She lives about 20 minutes away...........

300 a month? holy christ i live in the wrong state.

300 a month will get me........

cardboardbox0001.jpg

Originally posted by tab@Jul 21 2004, 07:39 PM
Hmmm....I don't pay shit for rent. I have about 1200 sq. ft. to myself. 3 br, 1 bath, laundry room, living room, dining room, kitchen. $350 a month, which includes water, sewer, and garbage. The going rate for this place was $570, but since I rent from my mom, I got it lowered. This isn't the place next door to my mommy or anything. She lives about 20 minutes away...........
[post=366527]Quoted post[/post]​

I still have you beat... 335 a month, all I have to pay extra is electricity...which has dipped to 25 dollars thus far.

the way I see it is if you live in a city where you make more money your gonna pay more too live and vice versa

thats why when i buy a house im gonna move out to the bonnies and and drive an hour into the city everyday

best of both worlds

Originally posted by racintweek@Jul 21 2004, 09:26 PM
the way I see it is if you live in a city where you make more money your gonna pay more too live and vice versa

thats why im gonna move out to the bonnies and and drive an hour into the city everyday

best of both worlds
[post=366567]Quoted post[/post]​

That is definitely a good plan to make more money. But I have a good, not great, paying job, and a nice place only four minutes from work. I'm happy. I love to drive, but for joy, not just a>b.

the area where i want to eventually buy a house is where i lived with my mother.......and the roads around there are a blast to drive so the drive to work from there would be fine

its a nice location about 45min from DC, 1.5 hrs from Baltimore, and 45 min from richmond, and i know everyone there being as my high school there had 900 students and was the only one in the county

Back