I got a new car too!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Eh, I haven't had it a week yet, so I'm gonna bitch about and see what I get for free. I'm grateful for the battery. Sounds like they're gonna replace the coil as well. If they're a reliable dealership, I'll do business again. They know that too.

Updates, since I sort of forgot about this. I've taken it back to the dealership more times than I'd like to think of. Finally figured out the problem on my own, it has a plugged egr vavle or chamber. Waiting on the brake cable that was on back order that they're replacing for free, then they're going to change my egr valve for free. I really like the car and the mileage, it just needs some work. I wish there was more I could do to customize it, but I still like it.

Yeah, I might do that. I have to read into it more. But there's not much I can do as far as rims or body mods. I'm thinking about getting a nice fodo early 90's accord too. We'll see about that.

Maybe going to paint the rims. Any suggestions? This is my color:

Honda-Insight-lg.jpg

Probably the best suggestion.

Updates on the car itself,

Dash buttons preemptively changed, there is a guy on insightcentral.net that builds them and sends them out FOR FREE in return for your old switches. I couldn't say no since I've got the dash apart for the window switch.

Window switch busted, waiting on parts, driving around with most of my dash off till then.

Guy sending me a window switch is sending me a rim too, both shipped for the price of a new aftermarket window switch. Good deal.

EGR was replaced with an EGR valve from a 99 Accord 2.3. Works fine. (Don't worry, I researched it before I did) Tried to "warranty my civic's EGR valve" at Autozone, but the plug was 180 off from where it needed to be and rested against my valve cover so I couldn't plug it in at all. Runs better, but not tops yet, still have to clean out the EGR chamber, which is between the intake manifold and the cylinder head. Waiting on a gasket.

Brake cable was fixed by the dealership.

Still needs:

Window regulator

Cleaned well

Trans fluid change (Bought just not done)

Front end looked at/fixed.

post some pics of this thing, they are 4x100 IIRC ?

Best idea I've heard from you yet! (yes they're 4x100)

Snapped a few of the dash today since I've got it all torn apart for the window switch.

This is the most peculiar window switch I've ever seen.

The gray box on the board has a slider that controls the window. Slide it down for the window to go up, slide it up for the window to go down. Entirely free sliding, no 'clicking' other than the electricity flowing through or shutting off, same as a relay would click. The passenger side is the black box with the white top, it's just a 3 position non-momentary switch for the window, again down is up, up is down. The black box at the top is a free slider like the driver's side control for the passenger window lockout.

Attachments

• IMG-20130527-00027.jpg
    IMG-20130527-00027.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG-20130527-00029.jpg
    IMG-20130527-00029.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG-20130527-00028.jpg
    IMG-20130527-00028.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Tach only goes to 7, the rest is temp gauge.

The buttons on the left and right (-,+) and (trip, mph/kph) were the ones I replaced, OE switches had no click to signify being pressed, and would eventually move the point of contact out of reach of the button. A guy on insightcentral.net takes the old buttons out and solders in new ones for free. He's getting a 10 spot from me anyway. I can't let a man take his spare time to fix something of mine then spend his own money to send it to me in return for nothing.

Attachments

• IMG-20130527-00030.jpg
    IMG-20130527-00030.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Rides really stiff, especially with 60lbs in the tires. Cd player gets annoying really quick. Handles nicely. The narrower rear track gives it an awesome turning circle, and makes it feel almost a bit oversteer bias in the turns. Not too much, and really none at all, just feels nice. Mine does need some front end work, but I haven't looked into it yet.

Back