1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i got an internship and need some computer help

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by vtecsir1, Feb 23, 2004.

1. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

Hey guys, finally i get to use my degree unfortunatley i dont get paid. Anyway the company im doing this for is a startup company and i need some help. The guy wants an online store with a shopping cart and he is going to pay for it. He wants a template site so i wont really being doing any design work i dont think. I have been looking into it just incase i did get this internship and one place i found is called www.rackspeed.net and they offer templates and carts. i think he signed up for yourpay.com which is similar i think. so i know some of you do this for a living so i would like to hear from you, i dont need to hear from people who have no exp. like myself. i need to do a really good job so i can get a damn job. thanks to all.

almost forgot he wants a forum too. i have been looking at http://www.phpbb.com/ this the way to go?

my degree is in digital media from full sail

2. driverunknown

driverunknown Senior Member

What do you really have a degree for? I hope you did not waste all that time at school to realize that you did not learn anything...

3. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

nice comment really helped me out a lot. my degree didnt cover e commerce or how to make a forum. yeah i didnt learn anything ok. do you even know about anything im talking about or are you just a dumbass noob who thinks hes clever.

4. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

full sail? ugh they have been sending me stuff to attend their college, but i decided to go with online classes. why dont you get a job working behind the scenes for the local news station??

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

building a shopping cart is no joke.

I've been working on one for about 2 years now.

http://www.hondaswap.com/store/

yup. its that bad.

thats how fucking hard it is. and i'd say i'm "well versed" in the aspect of programming for web, and php/mysql back end.

I don't think you have ANY idea what you are getting yourself into.

as for the forum, i hate phpbb with a passion. we used it here... until it crashed 4 times a week, never kept anyone logged in, and all kinds of other shit.

unfortunately, invision is no longer "free" so to speak. but you can still get it. http://www.invisionboard.com/download/index.php

6. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

tryed to do that but they arent hiring. nobody can help with my question yet?

7. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

i dont have to build the cart luckily, this guy is going to buy one that we feel fits his needs. good to know about the forum stuff.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted