I got another Honda....guess what it is!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
gonna be my racebike for 2010...I'll give you a hint...it's the same year as my CRX ;)

what it looked like when I bought it about a month ago:
hawk6.jpg

what it looks like now, laying paint next week:

24qplcm.jpg

...and something similar to what it'll look like by new year's:

hawk_018.jpg

anyone care to guess what it is?

:D

picked it up from one of the guys on my BB Endurance team from this past season...he bought it in July, and kept having problems with it overheating, then he wadded it up at a trackday before a race in September (same weekend I had my bad wreck, actually)...I picked it up for SUPER cheap. It had an F2 front end with RaceTech emulators, Penske rear shock, muzzy exhaust, and what we all thought was a stock motor. I've got the motor pulled apart at the moment, turns out it had 1mm over pistons and street grind cams, and was improperly jetted - and damn near burned a hole in the rear piston. I'll have everything back together before the end of the month...it's a LOT less power than my 636 was, but it's a LOT more fun to ride...gonna be a lotta fun to race next year, too!

Last edited:
When I saw the title, I was thinkin "CBR-something", but I'm guessing it's a RC-something?

RC30, or R45?

ah ha!!!

NT650 / Hawk GT 647 / RC31

1988HondaHawkGT.jpg

Yup! RC31/ NT650 / Hawk GT

I had never seen one or heard of one before John bought it...but it's a flippin' sweet little bike...

gotta love how honda used the single sided swing arm on a lot of their race bikes. What class will you run in? can you run that with the SVs and Ninja 650s?

gotta love how honda used the single sided swing arm on a lot of their race bikes. What class will you run in? can you run that with the SVs and Ninja 650s?

I'll run in the same classes as SV650's...noone races Ninja 650's, they're not worth a shit on the racetrack...underpowered even by lightweight standards, and the chassis design is horrible, especially the rear shock..

I'll run it in Superstock D, Superbike D, Lightweight Twins, Formula 2, and Unlimited Classic...pretty much all the classes any other 650 V-twin would be eligible for. I'll hopefully do pretty decent as well, seeing as the last 3 weekends I've been running FASTER than I was on my 636, and this bike only has 50hp!

So close...but so far! I've never heard of RC31s either though; what year(s) did they make them?

Good luck with it! I've been trying to get into bikes too but other plans always come up(mainly work schedule+school).

Just wondering, that's a V-twin?

Back