I got bad news today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IDMaxGuy

Well I got bad news today, my mom has been diagnosed with breast cancer. I dunno, just sort of venting I guess, has anyone ever had experience with this, I mean I know there is a high rate of people who recover from it... I just dunno, it sucks tho :( :(

With early diagnosis, it is highly treatable. I know of three women that have had surgery and fully recovered without relapse. Sorry to hear about your mom dude.

I'm sorry to hear that. Luckily breast cancer is one of the easier cancers to treat and has one of the highest survival rates. I'm sure that it'll all work out fine.

yeah, sorry to hear that.

My mother recently had a malignent *sp tumor on her breast, so luckly it wasn't cancerious.

Hope that your mom can get through it, it can be though.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Mar 26 2004, 11:47 AM
My mother recently had a malignent *sp tumor on her breast, so luckly it wasn't cancerious.

Same thing with my mother luckily. (it was benign, aka not bad kind of tumor ;))

Good luck JD, hope everything works out.

really sorry to hear that man..

that kinda hits close to home, as cancer somewhat runs in my family, not breat cancer, thankfully, but skin cancer. my grandma has zippers on her arms from malignant melonoma(how ever the hell you spell it) one of my aunt's(on the other side of the family) died from cancer as well. it's kinda scary because she lives in wisconsin where it doesn;t get nearly as warm as it does here in phoenix; and i just happen to work outside ~40 hours a week.

anyway, wish her the best for us!!

malignant=cancer

benign=no cancer

Sorry to hear about your mother.. Key is early detection.. if so, it is *very* treatable.. My mother is an oncology nurse. She treats patients with all kinds of cancer from the first diagnosis through to remission or hospice. She has said on many occassions that breast cancer is not bad if its caught early.. Let me know if you have questions that you might be afraid to ask your mother or are confused about.. I'll see that you get accurate answers.

well she went in today for the follow up thing from the biopsy, they told her that the tumor was like the size of a quarter and that they didnt think it was spreading or going anywhere. So she goes in wednsday to talk to some surgeons about getting it removed, they may have to take the whole breast tho cause they cant get to it or something. I just hope she is gonna be ok, my freind joshes dad just died from cancer and he was saying that he wishes he wouldnt have taken so much for granted... I realized that I do take a lot for granted... so I guess its a good lesson in life that you should never take anything for granted. thanks for all the luck wishing and such

sorry to hear that man. it sucks. my aunt has ovarian cancer, and she has had surgery 3 times, and has had keymo(sp) treatments done. It would kinda suck if they had to take the whole breast, but hey its better than having cancer. Best of luck to your mom and your family.
God Bless

That sux man, I know how you feel, my mother is waiting for the results to come back from a lump her doc found. I lost al my grandparents to cancer, save one who died from heart disease. It sems like u have to have cancer, a heart attack, or a stroke before you reach 60 in my family...

Had cancer (mellanoma) myself man. Ive never been so scared in my life! I caught it early and im a new man. It changed my life. STAY OUT OF THE FUCKING SUN 90 ACCORD!!!! Ill prey for your mom bro. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by hybrid4@Mar 27 2004, 03:42 PM
STAY OUT OF THE FUCKING SUN 90 ACCORD!!!!

yeah man, i'm trying, but i wear lots of sunscreen, weat a hat, and seek shade whenever possible, but again, i sell trees outside <_< i made about $22/hr today, so i can't complain..

Back