I got free motor!!! WHOOHOO

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Free=Good. I don't give a shit what kind of motor it is.

Build it right, (like you seem to be doing) and you'll have tons of fun with it.

SiR is right about getting some new heads for the motor, because chances are it is out of a truck. But why would he want an old and used FI setup? if you want FI your best bet would be to get an aftermarket FI setup if he could find it, or like i said, just go with a Carb. If it already was carbuerated, then stick with that.

As for the heads, check out these:

Or These...

Look around on Jeg's.com and You'll find all the stuff u need.

Alright, Well Sounds like some great ideas, I never though of doing a Z swap. but are LS stangs 6 or 4 or 8??? I thought they were either 4 or 6. Ok, so basicaly I tossed out the whole ranger idea. I just had the idea of that from the s10/15 350 swap. I really wanna put the motor in something small, and I don't know about ebay yet, I will sell it if anyone wants to buy it though. But yeah I thought I would show you guys the car I work on sometimes and just help out with the bitch work like taking the whole motor apart after they blow it up. And this guy knows all the right people for the v8s. Here is a link of some pictures of the car I found, the one where it looks like its taking off, one of the crew forgot to put the pin back in the weelie bar so it fell off and well the car wanted to take off, also were pushing a little over 3000hp but I think thats too much for my needs, haha here is the link:
https://www.autoimagery.com/store/cgi-bin/i...all&bool=phrase

LS stangs came in 4banger or V8, there weren't many fox body V6s, not sure why

I would, but I thought volvo's weighed as much as a sherman. but yeah thats what I want is something that you wouldn't expect a v8 in untill you hear it start up then you got that good ol' amarican hp!

PS I still like honda's and Toyota's and Nissan's

I heard somewhere that volvo's weighed a shit load, alright, any sites that say how to swap a 302 into one? I am looking for sites about swaping. I don't know how good I would be about doing new monts or what ever to get it to fit, so let me know.

Originally posted by djyox@Aug 30 2003, 11:21 PM
I heard somewhere that volvo's weighed a shit load, alright, any sites that say how to swap a 302 into one? I am looking for sites about swaping. I don't know how good I would be about doing new monts or what ever to get it to fit, so let me know.

They weigh alot considering they have 115 HP and 130 ft lbs of torque (the old non- turbo 240s), but compared to most cars, they're average. The 302 is a bolt in operation from what I remember, and Volvo brakes are so overengineered, you don't have to worry about them being inadequate with the V8.

As for Volvo V8 swap sites, do a search on Google.

Alright, I like that idea...I would like to build a mutt...half imported and half domestic....I think I'm sitting on doing a z or volvo....just something that you don't ever see around this area....keep the ideas coming!

r u gong fo r just a fast car or something that looks good too?

Get a model T, those are fuckin bad ass, with some 15" wides on back, no hood or fenders, just pure motor, and they weigh next to nothing

If you do a google search on like "350 CRX" you'll find a bunch of rex's with V-8's in the back of them. That's some crazy shit.

I was actually considering that with my rex, u could make it like the Escudo on gran turismo 2 :worthy: :worthy: . 2 twin turbo V6s. nah but i would love to fix a rex up with a NSX motor in back. Theres a project car that Honda Tuning is doing, making a hatch RWD, i havent checked it out latley. anyone know how it's coming along??

I'm telling you dude, slap a 350 in a 2nd gen rx-7 shell! :worthy:

Seen one in person.

He said its like 1st and 2nd gear are not even worth being there, all he does is spin tires.

yeah, but a freaken volvo...haha that would just be sweet! maybe an RX-7, but I don't have a 350 I got a 302, so I dunno if that its going to bolt up or what? or if a 350 would even bolt up, but kits would be great, maybe a Z, because I think them old z cars look sexy as hell as they are, and with a v8 purring under the hood....even better.

Back