I got my first ticket today!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECin5th

Administrator
I got my first ticket today.
Matter in fact, i got my first 3 tickets today. :eek:
2 of them are bullshit, and the other one will get dropped.
Improper Postition-Left Turn.
Unsafe Lane Change.
No Proof of Insurance.
The insurance one will get dropped, i have insurance, but the last time i got pulled over the cop kept my insurance card, and since he let me go, i didn't want to stick around to ask for it.
Improper Position-Left Turn:
This is the one that pisses me off.
I turned into the middle lane instead of the first lane, because the car that was in the first lane was going 3mph.
Then the copper saw that, and hit his lights so he could go thru an intersection to come get me, at this same time, i was changing lanes (5 carlengths between the car that was still going 3mph) and he said when i changed lanes, i cut the other car (the one that was going 3mph) off, and he had to hit his brakes.
First of all, at the speed this guy was going he coulda rear ended me, and im sure i wouldnt have noticed.
Secondly, that car probly did tap his brakes because he saw the darn copper's LIGHTS in his mirror, just like i did, and thought, oh maybe i should stop (what you are supposed to do when you see copper lights behind you).
This cop was a super big faggot, and now i have 2 moving violations, and have to take 2 or 3 days off work to go to court and Defensive Driving School, to remove the points from my license, and still i have to pay the fines.
$258 for 2 tickets + 2 days of work + $120 for the school.
That giant penis head cost me and estimated $550 because i was trying to be nice by not gettin on the ass of that other car.
Next time, you will see me on the news, im not pullin over.
I was literally 12 seconds away from my house.
grrr

what state do you live in.

I do that all the time...around cops sometimes. But NO, I don't get bothered for that, I get a ticket for an air freshener hangin from my window

I had to take that special exams test...they just gave me a 14 question test. I passed and they dropped 3 point right there and the other 3 when the year was over.

And they won't drop that insurance charge. You failed to prvide proof of insurance, they really could care less if it was actually real. My Insurance card is a piece of paper I printed out. It's real though.

I don't know about where you guys live, but in Colorado, if you get an insurance ticket, all you have to do is provide the proof of insurance at your court arraignment and the charges are dropped. The only charge you for court fees, MAYBE

Originally posted by Callidus@May 4 2005, 11:45 AM
I don't know about where you guys live, but in Colorado, if you get an insurance ticket, all you have to do is provide the proof of insurance at your court arraignment and the charges are dropped. The only charge you for court fees, MAYBE
[post=494850]Quoted post[/post]​

Same in Texas. Not having a card isn't a violation, not having insurance is. Same in New York too (says tim) :)

Yea i know they WILL drop the insurance charge, even he told me that, but he wouldnt take the '2 houses down' trip with me so i could get my damn card.
I just got out of bed at 5am because i cant sleep because i am so damn pissed off at this officer dickhead.
I live in West Phoenix Az, and anyone from around here, knows he could/should/needs to/ be doing more important things, than acting like super rookie of the year and chasing me down for turning into the 2nd lane.
I believe in charma tho, so i know he will get what's coming to him.
and he was DEFINATELY one of those super rookie 'just got his coppercar' kinda fags.
I mean seriously, it was 11pm, not much traffic, but he had to get all sirens and lights on to stop traffic at an intersection to come pull me over for a fucking stupid ass reason.
I am so pissed off still.
I've been driving since i was 14 and had to pick up my mom at the bars lol, and i have never had a ticket, and this dude gives me 3 for the dumbest things ever.
I wish i was pulled over for racing, at least i would feel justiced, right now i just feel raped and pissed.
I got pulled over for going 122mph+switching all 4 lanes+racing on the freeway, and they let me go... god forbid you be nice to the guy in front of you.
(Also, my lowbeams are out, so i had my brights on, and that is another reason i dont like to get on people's ass right now)

well i didnt have a card in NJ (i think...it might have been PA) and I had to pay $1xx plus $25 in court fees.

I'm sure the idiot who pulled me over for no legible reason had something better to do too. Like pull the jackasses doing 105 past him while he was trying to follow me inconspicualivly (not my day for spelling or grammer). Seriously people like to do some rediculous speeds in PA and right near the PA border.

I was just fucking around...doing like 120 or so. People do 110 like its the speed limit out there. BTW, I was being passed at when I was doing 120 by minivans and Audis.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@May 4 2005, 07:20 AM
People do 110 like its the speed limit out there. BTW, I was being passed at when I was doing 120 by minivans and Audis.
[post=494859]Quoted post[/post]​

WOW. Out of control. Cops are dickheads, bottom line. I got raped this year for reckless driving (or should I say car profiling and racial discrimmination) and I was driving like a perfect, model citizen. Then I got raped in court for it, just because I couldn't afford a lawyer (I couldn't apply for a public defender). His story was even different that what he wrote on the back of his own fucking ticket! Fuck cops! I hate them all. :sniper: :police:

I am moving in 8-10 months to michigan for a while, i am going to be getting pulled over every minute. :ph34r:
bs.gif

i actually took 15 minutes to make that animation in flash lol :blink:

wtf...thats not illegal in NJ, PA or NY. EVERYONE does that. Unless there were markers in the middle of the intersection and even then as long as they aren't solid you can cross them. Was there one right turn only lane?

He pulled you over for going back into that lane. I bet if you had stayed in the middle lane you would have been fine.

yea that turn was not illegal. i jsut read thta in teh CA handbook last time i was at the DMV. I am pretty sure that most of the states aree the same, so i suggest that you get a copy of a drivers handbook and look to seee if turning into a different lane is actually illegal.

good luck man.

Wow, now that I see that animation, that was complete bullshit. You should take that to court and get it dropped.

actually if anything your beginning stages of merging into that line of traffic was more legal than merging into far left lane. Again, I think he only pulled you over because you pulled back into the far left lane. You can easily fight that most likely.

It will be even easier if it's like Ny and further up there's a bunch of left lane turns. You could say you needed to turn up there that's why you pulled back into the left lane.

Originally posted by VTECin5th@May 4 2005, 07:39 AM
and yes, fuck cops :angry:
[post=494869]Quoted post[/post]​

Dont say that. It isnt the cops fault you fucked up. He was fortunate, you werent. Dont say fuck cops, or fuck the law. Think of it this way... if there were no police, no laws... you wouldnt have shit. Someone would steal it and that wouldbe the end of it. Be a man, either fight it in court, or pay your fines and dont fuck up again.

I've learned a lot since I turned 16. I used to be stupid and speed all the time. Get pulled over, get a ticket and not go to court or even pay em. Then, I wound up in jail. I realized the law is there for a reason, so why not just obey it? I mean, I smoke weed and also do a little underage drunking... but... i dont leave my house when i do either of them. To make my point more clear... laws are for a reason, just fucking obey them. I havent had an accident nor a ticket in almost 2 years. I havent had an accident since I was 16 (20 now, almost 21). Just drive smart, honestly and I dont care what anybody has to say to this, but racing is not for the streets. It's cool to do a little spirited driving here and there, but take it to the track. Rather it be Drag Racing or AutoX/Road Course... yea, you gotta pay, but... the rewards are far more gratifying than what you get on the streets...

Stop bitchin

EDIT

I just watched the Animation, and yes, go to court, get it dropped, it was almost stupid.

I still stand by my previous post... to all the hard ass street racers... and people that wanna bitch about getting fucked or caught by da po's...

I <3 Cops

I'll say fuck cops and the retarded laws these states like to make.

Like me for instance how is getting a ticket for an air freshener hanging in my window so illegal when they have idiots 5 miles back doing 110 mph or those little teenage girls with 59 dice and 114 cds hanging from their mirror and they cite me for this tiny little air freshener. I could even see him giving me that ticket if I was a dick. But I wasn't, I pulled over as soon as he flashed his lights and amazingly enough was completely sober and completely respectable to him. I didn't have any warrants or any type of illegal substances or anything in my car or on me. He actually had no legible reason to pull me over. Of course he would have said that he saw it hanging.

Or wait, how about this one. I got arrested because of a bad stop and got charged with underage consumption and possesion when I never even had a drop of alcohol in my system and possesion of a weapon. He pulled me over for my "choice of direction" as he claims. He said I could have gone straight when I really didn't know. Then he proceeded with the bs and issued me a ticket for failure to maintain lane (it was dismissed because of there was a video and it was complete BS.) Maintenence of lamps (dismissed, because of the video), he tried to say my liscense plate light was out...it wasn't. They wouldn't dismiss the underage consumption when I passed a sobriety test with flying colors cause I really hadn't drank that night. The weapons charge was dropped as well, because I told him I had it...it was a fucking boxcutter, a little 4 inch blade knife.

Did I forget to say FUCK COPS.

I have court on may 25th, but i think if i plead not guilty, and they find me guilty, i lose my driving school options?
This state is so fucked, i am one of probly 10 legal US citizens, and 1 of probly 5 in my neighborhood to actually have my car registered with Az Plates and Az insurance, instead of mexico shit, but i get fucked.
You really think if i went to court i could fight them?
I thought you were supposed to turn into the first lane on a two lane street, not a 3 lane street?

Well at least here in NJ. You're supposed to pull into the fartherest right lane possible unless it's a turn only or the lanes are marked with solid white lines directing you to a specific lane.

fuck it...im trying to get out of work...ill try and explain later.

Back