1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got off easy this afternoon

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by 92CHB, Aug 22, 2004.

1. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

So i am driving down this road enjoying my self driving normall speed(like 5-10 over speedlimit) and i thought what a beautiful day to drive a little hard so i wip around so corners and then decide to punch it. I starting getting some speed and then all of a sudden i drive right past a MA state cop doing 75 mph :eek: . I think oh great i am fucked 75 in a 35 zone good by licence for reckless driving. the cop pulls me over gives my the run around and comes back with a $100 speeding ticket which is the minimum in MA. I was like yahoo :lol: !! He lectured me for a couple of minutes but it was alot better than a $450+ speeding ticket and loss of licence. Next on my shopping list a radar detector...

2. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

Radar detector would not have helped you today becuase he did not shoot you with radar.

How do I know this? Because he gave you the basic driving over the speedlimit ticket (speed not known)

I bet if he had you on radar/lazer he would not have lectured you, he would have droped a 400+ dollar ticket and said show up at court and have a nice day lol OR he would just lock you up and tow your car.

Lucky day for you in deed but don't think radar detectors save you.
    I have a top of the line radar detector and it HELPS but for the most part not getting tickets is all in how smart you are with knowing your area and HOW to talk to cops.

I've been pulled over for doing things from racing, speeding, driving like an Ahole, the list goes on and on....

I have ZERO points and ZERO tickets other then a no front tag ticket, and other random BS aka cracked windsheild......

3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

got off easy? unless you can prove your innocence -

thats still a point, asshole. watch your fucking driving in my state.

4. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

Dude whats your problem, it isn't YOUR state it is everyones who lives in it.

5. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

ya grow the fuck up and drive like a normal human being

6. TDaddy

TDaddy Senior Member

Back when i was a real tardcart...i was late for work one night(i worked graveyard @ 3Dfx) and got pulled over...cop says, "ya know how fast you were going?" of course I remember looking at my spedometer and seeing the needle around 130 but i said..."no." He replied, "i clocked you at 137." I looked at him shocked and said dumbly, "oh." He asked me why i was in such a hurry. I told him I was late for work and my boss told me the last time i was late i may get fired. He asked me for my license and reg and then walked back to his car. All the time i'm thinkin' 'i'm going to jail...i'm going to jail.' He comes back and says "you're lucky you're not dead...I don't know how many times i've had to scrap stupid kids like you off the street after driving recklessly like that." I'm like "SHIT." He continues.. "I understand the stress of possibly loosing your job but being dead is worse. If i ever catch you speeding again i'll take your license, your car, and you too jail. That's what I should and could do now." He gave me back my stuff and let me go... I was like, "are you freaking kidding me?!?!" So i said thankyou sir. I won't do it again. and got in my car and drove 5 mph under the speed limit the rest of the way to work.

Now that's what i call lucky.

7. JDMPlaya

JDMPlaya Senior Member

Holy shit, I think you have the best luck in the world.

8. StarBellieAngel

StarBellieAngel Senior Member

yea... well, a while back when i had my bug... i was going... over 80 (since that's as far as the speedo would go) and i got pulled over (i was keeping up with an old civic driving up to SF)

well, he gets out... looks at the car... looks at me... says 'i clocked you going 92... but that can't be right... was there anyone in front of you?' i said. 'yea, there was a silver civic up there' he said 'ahhh crap... well, maybe the gun is calibrated wrong... ah well... have a good night, young lady' and let me go. maybe he really thought that, or maybe it was my boobs.... dunno... either way, i'm glad i didn't get a ticket.

it wouldn't have been so bad, but it was a 50 zone, not the normal 65. so, 92 is a lil fast... took me a while to get to that speed, but man, that bug could hum. hahahaha

well, be glad you didn't get busted, y0!!!

9. driverunknown

driverunknown Senior Member

Boobs? got pics for us??

10. StarBellieAngel

11. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

12. StarBellieAngel

13. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

Verification: