I got pulled over too...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

Just got pulled over.

I was coming off an exit ramp (East and West bound exit ramps merge into this one, one lane ramp). I was ahead of the dude in a bimmer coming off the west bound exit (exit 10, i-84) and I slipped in ahead. He came up on me, hot, and passed me on the left. One lane, mind you. Act of war.

He jumps in front of me, and of course needs to shave off speed now because we're coming up to a light, and a light with - HEY you guess it ! A random state-police sponsored motor vehicle check !

So the police come out from their cars - Swarm the exit. 4 squad cars, 5 officers. The first salvo get the bimmer, the second get me. They stopped him to the right, and immediately questioned him. They request I pull ahead, and get on the grass with their cruisers.

I pass the two officers, slowly, and the fun begins as each cop looks over his powdered-sugar covered shoulder directly at my MAINE licence plate. All but one officer walks to my car, and the BMW is dismissed.

First officer:
"Are you guys racing or something?"
Me:
"No, I was coming off the exit, and he passed me on the left, then slammed on his brakes"
Officer:
"He said you were harassing him on the highway. Were you ?"
Me:
"No, I'm coming from the other direction."
Officer:
"Tell me you live in Maine and this could be a lot easier on you."
Me:
"Nope. I live in CT and I have an out-of-state registration in Maine."
Officer:
"You know thats illegal, right?"
Me:
"No, It's legal if I have in-state insurance and pay my area and state taxes."

Officer walks away, with my registration and licence (Which shows my address as of 1 month ago.

(If you read one part of this post, read this part)
Now three amazing things happen during this traffic stop. One, a car with no licence plate at all comes to the red light, and takes a right on red in an other-wise marked intersection. Nothing happens.
Second, a Charger comes off the highway, with Maine plates. He squeals slightly through the intersection on a green light.
Then, the most amazing thing happens. Something that I have never even HEARD of. I can't make this shit up. Picture this:
Two officers at my trunk. Light is red. 1988 Civic pulls up to the light. Dented, bumper hanging off. Tinted windows black. Bass thumping. DOOR SWINGS OPEN, and this black kid with a wife beater, loose jeans, and a fucking PICK in his fro crip walks TO MY CAR, puts his hand on the roof, leans in and says "Yo, you got a cigarette I can have?"

I looked around and over my shoulders. "Uh, I'm a little busy here"

"Yo, it's cool. thanks"

CRIP WALKS BACK TO HIS CAR, and while his car was blocking a line of cars at a green light, the light turns yellow and he leaves.

several seconds later, the officer comes from my trunk, to my window. I'm aghast.

"Would you mind if we searched your car?"
"Officer, didn't you just SEE That ?!"
He looks around. "See what?"

I snapped.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me. You totally missed the (n-word) that walked to my car, no more than 10 seconds ago, and asked me for a cigarette, while holding up traffic"

"We saw no such thing."

"Where did you get trained for this job? Do they give you a gun?"

"Hey hey hey kid, I don't need this attitude from you."

I looked dead forward.

"If I were to search your car, would I find anything I didn't like?"
"That's pretty vague." I was still staring straight forward.
"If you were honest with me, and told me if you were hiding anything, pot or whatever, I would be easy on you"
"No you wouldn't."
Silence.
"So do you object to a search?"
I took my keys out of the ignition and jabbed them at him "Here is the trunk key. Tell me what you find."

he didn't take the keys or anything. He walked slightly back to his supervisor and said "We've got a real fighter here"

Supervisor comes up. Here is where I snap.

"We could two things at this point. Do you want to hear your options?"
"Sure, why not."
"We could take your plates, your licence, and have your car towed and impounded. Or, you could take a ticket for driving an unregistered vehicle."

Here is what gets me in trouble.

Me: " No you can't."

The officers start doing the shoulder nods, silent, you could tell their blood pressure was rising.

"I don't give a damn what your friends, your mechanic, or anyone tells you. A Maine registration is illegal if you live in this state. We will tow your car, and take the plates. This will cost you a ton of money, and if you don't shape up, we'll put you in a cell to cool off."

"No you won't."

Again with the pauses and shoulder nods.. I continue....

"If you COULD take my plate, tow my car, and put me in jail - You would do it. Your option is quite frankly, insulting. And your attempt to intimidate me won't work. IF you COULD find something in my car, with or without me telling you, you'll throw the book at me. This lying and egging me on to say or accept things is unlawful, and honestly - Poor manners. I'm not going to "agree" to your ticket, when faced with some sort of ugly option. I don't agree to this at all - And I have a legal registration, insurance, and licence. By saying that you'll hurt me if I don't do it, well.. that's ignorant."

Several seconds of silence.

"Hang on just a moment. Don't even think of going anywhere."

I light a cigarette, and they walk back to the cruiser. 20 minutes I have a NEW ticket, this one with a $98 fine for the same infraction. They increased the fine. Just whammo, increased it.

"You can pay this, or you can opt to plead not guilty - Choice is yours. If I see you again, I WILL pull you over, and if you still have maine plates, I'll take the car."

Then the Celica wouldn't start.

Either way, I got the Celica to start, and stormed off. Man am I pissed. I am pretty sick of the sublime tactics that patrolmen use to "control the situation". I'm not playing part to it anymore. Having a Maine plate in CT is just as lawful as having any other plate, People with Maine plates go wrong because they don't pay their own state taxes - And thus, they get ticketted / impounded / suspended for evading taxes. But I pay taxes, and I have my car registered with my town to pay taxes on it - For the past year. And paperwork to prove all of this !

Wait till they get a load of ME.

-> Steve

Take poof of paying taxes and go to court and let the judge sort it out.

I'm thankful that most cops in my area are cool MOST. But there's a few dicks.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Sep 26 2004, 05:41 PM
Take poof of paying taxes and go to court and let the judge sort it out.

I'm thankful that most cops in my area are cool MOST. But there's a few dicks.
[post=394950]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh hell yeah, I've gone shooting with my town cops. I know many of them, and they all have helped me with my CT DMV issues. They have helped lead me through the out-of-state registration process. They know it's legal, and they wave at me when I drive by. We have coffee at the diner, meet at the gun store and like I said, they invite me to the police range to shoot.

It's the State cops that don't know.

After that, it's training. Police are told to pull over cars with Maine plates. Why, they don't know. Just following orders. Most people with Maine plates you find, are doing it to evade some sort of responsibility. Rule of thumb.

The Threats are what I think have gone on too long. "I better not see you around here again" and we just say "Thank you officer!" Horseshit.

Just once, I would like to see one of us WIN a court battle, and look across the courtroom at the officer and say "If you pull me over one more time, I'll have your job"

See how far that gets you. It's the same thing. Hell, one of these days when I get pulled over for something so embarassing that the cop just lets me go - And says that... I'll drive up and down the street all fuckin day just to piss him off.

"Your taillight is out, and if I see you around here again with a light out, I'll take the car" And then just drive away, turn around, come back, honk the horn, turn around again, honk the horn... just for an hour or so. Wave at him.

-> Steve

in most states, by law, you have to have that states issued drivers license, tags and registration done in 30 days of living in that state. most people (and i am guessing you are), have their car registered in another state because their car has something illegal on it (in the state you live in with another states tags) that would cause your car to not pass state laws and/or inspection (if you live in state thas state inspection).

but yeah that officer was being a total douche bag to ya. and for pulling people over for soleing (sp?) having Maine license plates is illegal...its called profiling. register a formal complaint to his superior :)

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 26 2004, 10:19 PM
"You have got to be fucking kidding me. You totally missed the (n-word) that walked to my car, no more than 10 seconds ago, and asked me for a cigarette, while holding up traffic"

-> Steve
[post=394939]Quoted post[/post]​

the "n" word huh? you know i felt kinda of bad for you until this part...

looks like Darwinism/karma @ work to me

damn, if it wasn't such a far drive, I'd come over there. I think we should all revolt against the police. Hondaswap vs. the cops!!!

It's ashame most cops are just out to harass instead of protect and serve. I've met a handful of police officers that were cool and didn't go on power trips just cause they had a gun and a badge. Too bad it's only a handful cause we could use a lot more of them.

gl w/ the situation... most state cops (doesnt matter what state) are fags.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Sep 26 2004, 06:23 PM
in most states, by law, you have to have that states issued drivers license, tags and registration done in 30 days of living in that state. most people (and i am guessing you are), have their car registered in another state because their car has something illegal on it (in the state you live in with another states tags) that would cause your car to not pass state laws and/or inspection (if you live in state thas state inspection).

but yeah that officer was being a total douche bag to ya. and for pulling people over for soleing (sp?) having Maine license plates is illegal...its called profiling. register a formal complaint to his superior :)
[post=394961]Quoted post[/post]​

This was my understanding, I dont know how it could be legal but if theres a loophole or whatnot and you found it - spec-fucking-tacular and :worthy: to you

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Sep 26 2004, 06:23 PM
in most states, by law, you have to have that states issued drivers license, tags and registration done in 30 days of living in that state....
[post=394961]Quoted post[/post]​

not if you're in the military. i'm from kansas, where there are like no laws what so ever, and i'm livin in missouri where there are just a tad bit more laws, but i don't have to go through those stupid car inspections. its great. :D

I pay taxes on the car, and the car is capable, itself of being registered in the State. I, however, need to pony up about $2000 in fine money to get the privilege to register a car in CT.

I'll pay it when I can. For now, I must go to work. Not many people can come up with $2000, but I'll try my damndest.

The car is insured with a high level of CT insurance, and I pay taxes for it.

As far as the N-word, You're right. I owe snoop smokey smoke a lot more respect than that. I should have given him a 'newp and been done wit dat.

-> Steve

i live in NJ..and plates and reg. from NY just because NJ insurance is a fuckin joke and never had a problem when getting pulln pulled over...didnt even no it could be illegal

Originally posted by spectacle+Sep 27 2004, 12:21 PM-->
@Sep 26 2004, 10:19 PM
"You have got to be fucking kidding me.  You totally missed the (n-word) that walked to my car, no more than 10 seconds ago, and asked me for a cigarette, while holding up traffic"

-> Steve
[post=394939]Quoted post[/post]​

the "n" word huh? you know i felt kinda of bad for you until this part...

looks like Darwinism/karma @ work to me
[post=395258]Quoted post[/post]​

Ohh, piss off. There is a vast difference in white trash and a caucasian, just as there's a vast difference in black folk/african americans and stupid fucking worthless n*****'s. From the description given, and what the moron was actually DOING, that was a classic case of niggeritis.

Dude. I'd be ALLLLL over that cop's supervisor's ass for what he did. Prove that you were right, and how much of an ass the cop was and if nothing else visit the Internal Affairs office to put it on record. Who knows. Maybe the guy is on his last warning? :)

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 29 2004, 05:09 PM
I pay taxes on the car, and the car is capable, itself of being registered in the State. I, however, need to pony up about $2000 in fine money to get the privilege to register a car in CT.

I'll pay it when I can. For now, I must go to work. Not many people can come up with $2000, but I'll try my damndest.

The car is insured with a high level of CT insurance, and I pay taxes for it.

As far as the N-word, You're right. I owe snoop smokey smoke a lot more respect than that. I should have given him a 'newp and been done wit dat.

-> Steve
[post=396306]Quoted post[/post]​

what did you do to have to pay 2000? driving on suspended liscence? DUI?

haha......nothing like a tail waggin the dog......damn cops.

good read :thumbsup: ......and I thought I had balls with cops.....nice!!!

Back