i got rotas :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
all i have to say is wow. i went from a 19lb 17" rim with 205/40/17 tire to a 11.5lb rim with 195/50/15 rubber. so many things are better now, accelleration, braking, ride comfort, steering response ect are all better. now when i hit a bump it doesnt feel like im gonna break something. ride is so smooth. i couldnt believe how much difference dropping almost 8lbs per wheel would make. i was skeptical at first, but now im a believer! in case your wondering i have the 15x6.5 rota circuit 8's in flat black with yokohama avs es100's in 195/50/15. just wnted to share my happiness.

:D :D :D :D

:thumbsup: I was going to pick up some slips from my dad's neighbor with some tires, but I went by the car the other day that had them, and guess what it was on blocks!!!! AGH!!

yea ill get some pics soon and slammed - thats why i got kyokugen lugs 7 sided y0

thanks for the props guys. the process of dericing a car is a long painful process, but well worth it, motor mounts and brakes are next (got hasport mounts, brembo blanks, hawk hps pads, and goodridge SS lines jus waiting to go on in a few days) :worthy:

beautiful man, good choices on your other new parts too.. pick up some ATE blue fluid too when doing the lines :thumbsup:

I was going to pick up some slips from my dad's neighbor with some tires, but I went by the car the other day that had them, and guess what it was on blocks!!!! AGH!!

Ouch.... I hate theives. I'm running 91' Miata alloys on my EF. I painted them black and they kind of look like Advans. They are 14" which is perfect for me and only weight 11LB's. If I had pic.'s I'd show them but no digi cam. Also the best part is I got them for Free. I used to be a Mazda Tech. and a guy came in to my shop with a 91' Miata. He wanted me to change his rims and he bought a new set of 00' Miata rims. I change everything over and ask him what he wanted me to do with his old rims. " Just throw them away I hate the way they look " He says. So I did throw them...... onto my car. I had to modify them alittle by boring out the center section to fit a honda but they are in perfect condition not scraps or bends.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Jul 31 2003, 02:08 AM
yea ill get some pics soon and slammed - thats why i got kyokugen lugs 7 sided y0

thanks for the props guys. the process of dericing a car is a long painful process, but well worth it, motor mounts and brakes are next (got hasport mounts, brembo blanks, hawk hps pads, and goodridge SS lines jus waiting to go on in a few days) :worthy:

Just a little heads up. They Kyokugen Lugs BLOOOOOOOW!!!!!! The key strips like crazy. First time I striped mine, I called up the company, they said that you should use a trq wrench. So I am like sure no problem. They sent me a new key for free, and when it arrived, I was due for rotating my tires. So By the time I was tighteing down the other side of the car, the key had already started to strip (lugs would actually get stuck inside of it and I would have to pound the key on the ground to get the lugs out) Simply put, the kyokugen lugs and key BLOOW. Make sure you use a trq wrench when taking them off.

i just have oem lugs.... what are good lugs to have?

sidesis.jpg

curcuit 8's are the bomb diggity.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jul 31 2003, 10:49 AM
oem lugs are fine, they just don't prevent theft.

oem lugs are great on oem wheels. aftermarket wheels have a different lug seat and aftermarket lugs should be used.

yes they will hold the wheels on, but your putting all all the stress around one ring instead of the whole face of the lug seat.

s3f2956a70f439.jpg

aftermarket wheels have the slanted type lug seat as opposed to the acorn style.

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Jul 31 2003, 09:54 AM
yes they will hold the wheels on, but your putting all all the stress around one ring instead of the whole face of the lug seat.

s3f2956a70f439.jpg

aftermarket wheels have the slanted type lug seat as opposed to the acorn style.

:werd: I was accidently running oem lugs on my 16's I have now, and yeah they weren't even on all the way. Changed over to some alloy mag lugs(knock off), and yeah they seated about 1/4 inch more in.

I think it also depends if you have alloy wheels stock, if you do, I think they may already have slanted seats. Steelies yes, they torque at 80, but if you have stock alloys that torque at 110, it seems logical that they would have the same seats as aftermarket alloys???

Back