i got screwed and i need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

Well i bought a hatch and when i got it home i pulled the valve cover and found a bent valve and a motor that had sat for a long time- THe motor in the car doesn't run, but all it needs is a distributor and oil pan and it should be good- But i don't wanna go SOHC anymore, so i have all the parts to the motor laying around- What does everyone think about prices for it and how should i part it out- Please help

well, i will buy the car for 50 dollars if the body is good. If the body is bad, then I will only pay 35. let me know.

Darin

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Sep 30 2003, 11:05 AM
you want me to give you the whole shell for 50 dollars? are you ignortant or do you think i am

he's ignorant, look at his user name... "vtech" he must drive a phone or kiddie laptop or something.

No I am not ignorant. I thought I would throw up a stupid post because your topic makes no fucking sense you idiot. I know my screen name is that, I know you spell it "V-tec" I have that on my valve cover on my swaped JDM B16. NOT the stock blown piece of shit you got! How much do you want for the shell? :p

Darin

do you have a hyphen on your valve cover? i dont think so. it's just VTEC. no hyphen, no difference in case, just VTEC. since you wanted to get technical :p

the blown piece of shit i've got isn't going anywhere, i didn't mention anything in that post about selling the shell- I want to get rid of the motor, so i can do something besides swap in a B16 like everyone else in the entire world- but thanks for the offer- dick

well in your original post you wrote what was wrong not what you want to do about it ya tard! why don't you read what you wrote. I probably know more about motors than you do. What do you plan on doing anyways, wasting money on a type r motor. Thats smart. you might as well get a cheap starting point and go from there. And just for you information, its a fucking honda, every body has everything, no matter what you do, somebody else has already done it. B16 are cheap and it shows that you are an actual tuner besides and i-h-e on a ex. now thats genaric. why don't you see how many people enjoy the part where you say B16's are a bandwagon engine. You your self probably can't install the motor anyways. you just talk like you can. Good luck trying to stay off the "bandwagon" try buying a fucking saturn and make it fast, thats about the only none badwagon car.

Darin

dude first off, if you read the end of my first post, i ask what everyone thinks i should do about prices and how should i part out the old motor- Was that really that hard to understand- And that's very much, but i don't plan on wasting my money on a type r- although i'm not sure how 195hp is a waste- but that's besides the fact; yeah actually though, i've already ordered low compression Wiseco pistons and new rods so i can build the other SOHC i have for boost- So before you shoot your mouth of the next time, maybe you should find out who you're talking first; oh and by the way, swapping a b16a into a 5th gen shows a lot of automotive skill huh? hmmmm, isn't that a bolt in swap? oh yeah that's right- maybe you should have asked about my first two cars, a 4th gen hatch with a mini-me, and another 4th gen hatch with a b18a- and yes i did the swap myself

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Oct 2 2003, 02:03 PM
do you have a hyphen on your valve cover? i dont think so. it's just VTEC. no hyphen, no difference in case, just VTEC. since you wanted to get technical :p

:owned:

Very funny...

Anyways, your car...is it a VX CX SI DX??? This would help us give you a hint on what to do...now saying it's a SOHC, i'm guessing it's not the z6 VTEC. I'd through it all back together and drive that thing how it is...that or find a cheap head for like 50 bucks. If all you need is a distributor and something else...i forgot...i'd say through it all together. Just my .02 :thumbsup: Good luck!

Also, if you DO decide to sell it, you could probably get more then 50 bucks :) jk

I dunno......the original post was pretty clear, to me anyway. The dude didn't say ANYTHING about wanting to sell the shell (body??). He just asked about parting out the motor and what would be good prices or how to best go about it.
That hothead who "drives a phone or a kiddie computer" should chill the "F" out.
This board could really use A LOT LESS of that kind of thing and the moderators should do something about it. Who knows, maybe "vtech boy" is a moderator.

My suggestion is to sell the smaller pieces on ebay to get some ROI for the new engine. As for what you want to swap in, that is up to you. B16 is common but it is the best bang for the buck for some that don't have the cash for certain swaps.

Anyways, that one dude is getting kind of out of line. This is a public forum and everyone could see it. I'm sure a moderator already saw his post.

Anyways, that is my 2 cents on your prob. l8s man....

Originally posted by darwins_vtech@Oct 2 2003, 01:56 PM
I know you spell it "V-tec" I have that on my valve cover on my swaped JDM B16.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:ufucktard: :whatafucktard: :newbie: :lmao: :asshat: :no: :poop: :fr:
DTEC, you're out of the sig.
darwins_vtech, you're in!!!

How did I miss that earlier? That's fuckin' great!!!!!!!!!

:lmao:

Hey guys, thanks for backing me up on all that- And yeah it's a DX but it's got the D16Z6 in it, sorry i wasn't more specific in the original post- But thanks again for the helpful posts, it's nice to see some people on here actual want to help

Back