I got some good news...and i got some bad news

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sablo16

hey folks for all of you who have heard i had my car impounded for awhile cause of a stolen transmission issue...

well the good news is i just got my car back today :D

however...there is a problem like the engine boggs down during shifting like i hit the gas and the power just drops or then sometimes itll bog and just catch and jerk me back into the seat...even when im in neutral i hit the gas then let off and then hit it again and while my foot is on the gas im watchign my revs drop and then they just come back up again...its annoying as hell and just one more query...i have a greddy type S bov...the vacuum line goes on the outer nipple right the bigger one? cause thats where it has been since i got the car...and like idk i ahve no fucking clue whats wrong w/ my car and i have no one to help me except u guys

the new bov didnt help much...my friends suggested a boost leak but like according to my gauge its holding boost just fine could it be the throttle body or something...i mean prior to having the car impounded the car had its check engine light on but it was only that night the next time i started it up it was gone...could like there still be some influence by the ecu or something?

on a side note can anyone recommend a good shop on the east coast for gods sake please i need someone to check this car out its due for maintenence and i have no idea who i can take this thing to like a specialty shop in pa, nj, or ny that deals w/ turbo/hondas

ugh...and i thought having my car back would make me happy...thanks for listening to me guys

ok i just got thru another night of inspecting my car...and heres some more info:

doesnt appear to be a boost leak of any sort

however at around 1500 rpm the cars revs will float 400 rpm either way

i think that it could be the distributor/plugs or perhaps the timing is off

but what is more likely in my opinion is that some sort of sensor got blown out that would explain the lack of the check engine light now...crack angle sensor perhaps?

uhhhh...cap and rotor? could you explain that one to me?

ahhhh...thanx man ill try that...

do you know where i can get a timing light? i think my timing could be off...also this is gonna sound stupid but how do i check for codes on my ecm?

Back