I Got The Hookup, Holla' If Ya Hear Me...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sohcslammer

B) I got a new job. I am now working for Ty Tipton of Tipton Honda. If any of you are from San Diego I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. If not check out www.tytiptonracing.com. We are working on some car for the El Cajon speedway right now, but I think I am close to talking Ty into sponsoring MY civic. :eek: (Only I won't have a daily driver anymore :( ) Ty was telling me today that him and a bunch of other drivers were contacted by a music company, (I think it's Sony but he wouldn't tell me) and the co. wants to get in on the import action. They have already rented 4 venues, Daytona and Laguna seca being 2 of them, and they are creating the IROC IMPORT series. There is going to be races featuring rock concerts and a woodstock\lalapoloosa feel at them. (Or concerts with racing, whatever) He said that Honda, Mitsu., and Mazda are all possible manufacturers for the series. (IROC series have identical cars except for the paint, I'm hoping to see a bunch of evo's :worthy: ) The first one is at Daytona, I think, on August 17th. (This is not set in stone, so don't hold me to it.) The drivers are all sons and daughters of famous racers. I can't remember but a few. Ty Tipton, Paupadaupolis's son, and I just smoked a bowl so I can't think of anymore... :(
So, my point is, I am willing to give any locals on this website a break ('cause I love you guys :rolleyes: ) on parts, swaps, turbo kits... whatever. On a personal basis of course. If you contact me with a project, I will discuss it with Ty and get you the best deal I can. I guess I can ship parts to non-locals too. As for the IROC series, I'll keep everyone posted. If you want anything for you car, PM me. (Please don't call me asking to get you a 20 dollar part for $10. Ty builds RACE cars and the like. We are just about to do a T3/T4 hybrid on a 2003 RSX-S)
Btw, has anyone heard of NASA? (not the space program <_< ) It's the socal version of SCCA I guess? I was just wondering about the rules...

NASA is like the Solo2 of road racing. B16 and chris (chris rearly post here anymore) have both done some racing in there. Chris even entered a 24 hour endro and endup dropping out after he chewed up 2 sets of axles. He had 1 hour more untill the finish.

Originally posted by asmallsol@May 12 2003, 01:47 PM
NASA is like the Solo2 of road racing. B16 and chris (chris rearly post here anymore) have both done some racing in there. Chris even entered a 24 hour endro and endup dropping out after he chewed up 2 sets of axles. He had 1 hour more untill the finish.

NASA is the shit, we get to run on all the great tracks up here in nor cal. to bad i dont have a car to run anymore

Huh. Right on, well that is what Ty was running in that little black coupe. The car is up in LA in some museum tho now. I'm thinking of trying to rac NASA. How much $?

Isnt tipton an average honda dealer also? I always see people at my school with new cars from tipton like the new accord coupe. Rich scripp kids. :rolleyes: Where's this place at? I'm shoppin for a new car and I'd come down, I'm like by mira mesa (blvd, ave, whatever it is). If I find the tuning shop I might never go home. :D

Back