I Gots My Engine What You Think?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kolumbo69

i have a 89 civic hatch. My friends cousin is bringing in a b16b full swap for his car when he rolled now its all mine for 2500 what ya think good deal. The engine was rebuilt at 50,000k
:huh:

i know hehe i just like to get all the glory i can
but before i get im going to do a compression test and maybe bring down to a friends shop and do a test fire see how it runs. it sucks though i have to wait tell like end of july or mid august. oh well i guess it give me time to buy all the moutns and everything else ill need. do you know if there is a harness or do i have to do a bunch of custom wiring to hook it up

if he has a FULL swap ( ECU and everything) it should have the harness you need. the mounts you definitly have to find other wise i believe you would need the Si harness for your corrisponding gen of civic. And you will have to beat in a place on the drivers side under the motor mount and i believe the under side near the trans. mount to get it to fit right. Hasport is the palce to check for your mounts. Youll need to probally shorten your shift linkage too. When ever you plan to do the swapp make sure you have the time for the car to sit be cause you will probally run into a few snags that might slow you down.

Don't get happy yet!!! :rolleyes:

Motor might be OBD1 or OBD2?

Wiring will be a mess soo yes good deal but I can get a type R for 3G complete. :lol:

well good luck on the swap do all ur research before u begin its not easy when u are doing it you might think its easy right now but trust me I was once like you putting a OBD1-2 Motor in a OBD0 car.. hopefully someone can do the wiring for you and the rest will ok!!
Make sure u have a couple of friends that will help you and someone who has done a swap before to help you out that will help a lot!! :)
:blink:

Back