I guess it's that time a year...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
Just 2 days ago, at work we found a Black Widow out in our shead.

Today, before heading off to work I put on all my riding gear and was about to mount my bike when I saw a spider on the wall.... sure enough another black widow. Tonight I took a girl out for a ride on my bike. After putting the bike up I looked at the wall where I killed the first spider and sure enough theres another one!

I guess its that time of year for blackwidows.

this thread is worthless without pics.

dont kill the black widows! they kill all of the other unwanted insects around the house. dont bother it, and it wont bother you.

fuck that, kill it and all other unwanted insects in the house.......

damn you jeff and these spider posts.........

around here it's common to find a brown recluse in fire wood piles
a nasty spider, up there with the black widow

i cant stand spiders...i see a weak little spider and i flipped out kill it...and u got black widows, good luck w/ that....

and yes a brown recluse bite will fuck u up hardcore.

That shit is just fuckin sick. If I ever have something like that happen to me because of a spider, I will make it my mission to personaly wipe out the entire brown recluse species. :angry:

you guys wouldnt survive down here in the boonies... we have tarantula crossings way down in the country...

Originally posted by IDMaxGuy@Sep 25 2004, 01:15 PM
you guys wouldnt survive down here in the boonies... we have tarantula crossings way down in the country...
[post=394607]Quoted post[/post]​

tarantulas are pussies they say if you handle one to wash your hands and not to touch your eyes due to their hair coming out and getting into your skin.

oh and they can hurt when they bite becuase they have a rather big mouth.

Other then that they can't do shit thats why a lot of people have them as PETS

When a spider is able to infect you with something that EATS your skin away... now thats a different story

Hell, we get a few random brown recluses at WORK. In a freaking office environment. I've had several around my dad's place, since he keeps firewood. Knock on wood, I've never gotten bit by one.

yes i know that tarantulas are harmless, but... they can still bite you and you will get sick from the venom, but not deadly sick just a fever usually.

did i mention we have a rather large population of brown recluses

They live in grass or places that do not get contact very much. (i.e. Haybales, woodpiles, bed sheets that have not been used in a while, clothes hampers, under couches and beds.)

They are a common barn spider

Southwest Missouri has what, lots of fields and farms. So to go along with this, we have barns.

My freind Jeff was bitten by one and in 2 weeks (he was dumb and waited a week before going to the doctor) it had already eaten a quarter size hole about 1/4 of an inch into his arm. That was about a year ago and he still has a scab on it.

Those are nasty little fuckers, funny thing is we have hardly any black widows here... Just those fucking brown recluses. Bad thing about them is that they are a very aggressive spider, like they will try and bite you if they feel the least bit threatened.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Sep 24 2004, 03:48 PM
I read an article or something about the brown reculse. Those things are fucked.
[post=394373]Quoted post[/post]​

:shocked: that link is rough, i couldnt read through all of that.

Back