I/H/E Opinions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GlassHeadlights

West West Yall
I'm swapping in a stock B18A1 into my CRX soon and I want to do an I/H/E on it. I'm thinking of a try-y header w/ 2.5" collector with 2.5" piping for the exhaust. Too big? And for the intake...either a short ram, K&N adapter kit on a LS intake or whale penis. No cold air's because we get hella rain.

Some day I'd hope to have a Type R swap so I might aswell go all out now.

unless you're doing serious headwork like cams/etc, spending the extra money on a high flow header probably isn't worth it. IMO, save for the R swap, or a b16/b18c head swap instead. you'll get a TON more power out of a vtec conversion than an i/h/e, and both cost about $1000 to do....

Right now I'm not looking into building the LS. There's a Megan header for sale locally for $75 so maybe I'll pick it up for now.

Then I'll work on the exhaust. I think I want a stainless catback but they're a bit pricy.

Sweet.......swap time. You'll enjoy the power band change and the hp increase. Look at the used Megan header and if its hammered.....pass on it and for about double the money....you can score a tri-y like you spoke of. And if you ever put a VTEC head on it......you will be ready in terms of the header

Edit: Look into a company like Kteller for their 2.5" exhaust piping....its mandrel bent and stainless.....then you get a flange, a resonator and a muffler welded on. Not sure if they have it for your car (none on Ebay)

Last edited:
Thanks Cafrog. I believe I'm getting the Megan header tomorrow, if I wanna upgrade some time I could get half my money back probably. My donor Integra was from Quebec, so lots of rust and the stock manifold is looking sad.

I was thinking about it and maybe in a couple of years I could pull the LS out and re build it to last for LS/VTEC status.

And I've seen stainless piping kits on ebay before...I'll look again.

Cool thing is you can put a decent size muffler in the CRX. My EGg can only take a 14" muffler. You can get some performance and not sound like a bunch of pissed off bees lol

Sweet lol. I would go for a catback but they're all like $500.

The iBoom guy with the blue Del Sol bought a crappy eBay catback and just used the stainless piping with any muffler he wants, nice idea imo.

Back