i had a nasty virus on my laptop

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
sometime today (saturday) i got a nasty virus on my computer. the virus was Trojan-spy.HTML.visafraud.a and it had an Internet Security 2001 icon that was pixelated on my desktop. it kept giving popups and warning bubbles in the tray saying i was at risk....blah blah and "scanned" my pc for virus'. it would also pop up warnings while i was surfing the net AND it removed my desktop background and replaced it with a warning. so after much cussing and 3 different anti-malware software, i got rid of it using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. it got rid of it and my laptop runs fine...so far. if anyone gets it, use that and you should be good to go.

Malwarebytes works pretty well. I've used it tons of times on other people's computers to remove malware that doesn't want to leave through more conventional means.

Tell your laptop to stop sleeping around! :lol:

Malwarebytes is my first stop when cleaning up any PC. Usually "viruses" aren't actually viruses anyway, and Malwarebytes is a lot easier to set up and use than antivirus.

my grandma had the same exact thing on her computer.. it removed the background and replaced it w/ text.. you've been infected or something along those lines

Yeah, it's a common scam, usually it's from those pop-ups or prompts saying "Your computer is infected!" or whatever, and prompting you to perform a "free scan". It downloads the trojan and jacks up your computer and prompts you to buy their removal software which usually doesn't actually remove the trojan.

:werd: MBAM is an excellent utility

Back