I Hate Abilene Texas

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
So I decide I want to learn Kendo right. I've been interested in it for a while and I finished my degree so I figured now was the time. And in a town of 130K people somebody has got to be doing lessons right?!? Wrong!
After a search in the yellow pages and some calling around I found one guy who will give me private lessons in the Korean style of Kendo for $300/mo. Other then that I found Taekwondo (taught from a christian perspective)... (???). And Texas jujitsu, which I can only guess involves more headbutting and eye poking then the traditional style, and is taught in wranglers.

I give up, everytime I try to come up with an idea to break up this west texas monotany I'm greeted with the same reply "We don't do that round here yankee boy". I wish we would have just let the mexicans keep this fucking place!

:cliffnotes:

Texas sucks ass, that is all.

that sucks, i live in a town about that size maybe a little bigger, and i could name like a dozen good schools of the top of my head

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Nov 18 2003, 07:52 PM
I wish we would have just let the mexicans keep this fucking place!

:cliffnotes:

Texas sucks ass, that is all.

that is why i am writing a paper on population regulation as we speak. :D

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Nov 18 2003, 06:59 PM
that sucks, i live in a town about that size maybe a little bigger, and i could name like a dozen good schools of the top of my head

This place is just so small minded the only culture there interested in is Texas culture. You can imagine. :sarcasm: Oh and I can't wait to see what happens when "Alamo" hit cinimas, it's STILL gonna be #1 in Texas when it's running on cable television.

Learn the real deal...go to Asia.........

since your fresh out of college..go clense your mind of the crap you just went thru, and go on a long road trip....real long.

Texas, as my wife says...is not a different state..it's a different planet.... :blink:

Come to Austin- you'll find tons of culture here, especially compared to Abilene. Quit mutilating UT logos for your avatar too.

:p :lol:

I would LOVE to go to Japan, trust me there is nothing else I want more right now. My two years in England were bliss, which ranks a distant second to Japan as my favorite places besides home (which isn't Texas). The problem is I'M IN THE FREEKING MILITARY.
About the best I can do is a short remote tour to Korea, which I might just do. Problem is I might not even get that, the adverage time on station here is 5 years, I've been here 1.5, it's hard to leave because nobody wants to come here, period. I'm just happy I'll be done in two years and back in the GREAT......(pause for effect) Pacific Norwest, working my way to the top of the family buisness and attending "buisness meetings" in Hawaii...

EDIT: and this is the last UT emblem I will bash, the next one will be an A&M, gotta be fair ya know :p

I did Taekwondo for four years, I wanted something more weapon based. Granted I can already whril a mean song jo bong (SP?)

Yep took me forever to find someplace that taught Kempo. I took Taekwondo when I was growing up. Took up boxing lessons while I was in the military.

But now I just want a good meditation type of arts. Kempo is nice slow flowing movements. And man can you do some joint manipulation to make a college fullback cry for his momma.

Originally posted by Teufel@Nov 18 2003, 11:10 PM
Yep took me forever to find someplace that taught Kempo. I took Taekwondo when I was growing up. Took up boxing lessons while I was in the military.

But now I just want a good meditation type of arts. Kempo is nice slow flowing movements. And man can you do some joint manipulation to make a college fullback cry for his momma.

you want joint manipulation Aikido is where its at

my old Tae Kwon Do master was also 3rd Dan Judo and 4th or 5th dan Aikido

that stuff is so crazy, people really dont believe that i could kill them with one punch

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Nov 18 2003, 09:05 PM
EDIT: and this is the last UT emblem I will bash, the next one will be an A&M, gotta be fair ya know :p

K cool. :lol: That wasn't really a good one anyway- it was just the freshman gathering logo for 1997. No biggie.

santa-anna-2.jpg

Santa Anna>Texas :p

Texas can't be all that bad.. it's classic americana !

Try moving to Colorado, you'll love it there. Nice people, TONS of things to do, and a strong import scene. Also, the Mexicans there rock!

-> Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back