I hate california

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MikeBergy

Blah blah blah....
How is it that someone can drive a 72 or earlier big block, gas guzzling, gas spitting, muscle car that spews noxious fumes out the non catalyzed exhaust, or no exhaust, but I can't drive my emissions friendly acura down the road unless all my parts have carb numbers on them. If you have a 69 camaro and want MORE than the stock 325(?) horses pounding from under the hood, no big deal.... just cut yourself a hole in the hood and bolt on a bis ass blower, and smoke the tires to the rims. But I have an acura integra ls with what? 120 pittly ponies, and if I want to make power, I cant just go buy any blower or turbo. nooooo...I have to go buy the one with the CARB sticker. I heard that the LS vtec conversion is a great way to up the numbers, oh wait thats illegal too, have to have "special" smog technicians for that. For once I wish that Cali would do away with the visual inspection, since it has absolutely nothing to do with the actual emissions. Case in point: my dad took his 76 toyota pickup to the smog station with a pipe in place of the cat, b/c the old cat got fried or something. the smog tech said that was a big no no, so he found some old nasty cat at the junkyard, that basically had no innards left, only a bunch of dirt. He took it back and the truck passed fine. visualinspections are lame, and the CARB is an unnecessary waste of taxpayer dollars. My rant for the day.

Thats why i like te inspections here in louisiana. Just go find some podunk in the woods and hell say "everything work?" you say "yup" 10 dollars and a new sticker..

cali doesn't even have stickers. You just can't register your car unless you take it to an official smog station that hooks your car up to its machine, which in turn sends the results directly to DMV hq in sacramento. Just plain lame.

yea. ive heard stories where people have run super clean on modded engines but they failed because the parts they used werent CARB approved. then when they put the OEM parts on, they ran dirtier but passed!

I failed smog in Cali because I didn't have a gas cap.

They ran the whole test... visual, machine and everything. Then they failed me because I didn't have a cap.
I had to pay for it twice and get it run twice.

You just need to know someone who can 'smog' your car... friend of a friend or something. Thats how swaps get smoged.

Originally posted by mikesphat@Dec 4 2003, 03:21 PM
Thats why i like te inspections here in louisiana. Just go find some podunk in the woods and hell say "everything work?" you say "yup" 10 dollars and a new sticker..

lol

texas is the same way

gotta love livin' in the BFE

Oh yeah, and smog checks cost like 50 bucks, I know shops that do nothing but smog checks, and they make a killing

I hate seeing my friends have to pay 200 bux to pass smog.. I hate that I will soon be needing to change out my header and cat to pass smog (and that I'll need to hide my VAFC really well)...

I hate the california air resource board

yea well cali already has a whole in the ozone layer...here in NJ i pay the mexians and they just slap on a sticker..gotta love those mexicans do hard work and work on LOW wages

I don't even have emissions testing... Tennessee's county gov't ownz. ;)

Not when the car is bought, not evar.

Memphis city has emissions once a year, but Mustang with no cat's pass, and I have friends in county, so my license and bank statement go out there. ;)

hell im so damn happy i found a guy who can smog my car for two bills!!!

People im Mississippi havent ever even heard of smog tests, gauranteed. To get your inspection sticker you just go to any gas station or tire place and buy one for five bucks, friggin awesome. I havent lived in Texas for too long, but im hoping i wont run into any problems.

yea it may seem stupid and all to us but in actuallity California has the most car to people ratio...There are more registered cars then people in california so take however many people there are in cali and add some and thats how many registered cars....Look at LA sometimes there u think its fog but its really just smog and shit..They gotta have strict laws or else we would be even more screwed....Besides california doesnt have the 5th highest world economy for the hell of it :D cali gets its money everywhere it can if they no any way where they can screw the population out there ass with money they do it Thats why its the melting pot of the world :roll:

300 hundered for me to pass... under the table style... ya know. funkin, bastards.. they get you by the balls, when it comes to this shit. ESP if you have your car modded in any dort of way.

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Dec 4 2003, 04:09 PM
How is it that someone can drive a 72 or earlier big block, gas guzzling, gas spitting, muscle car that spews noxious fumes out the non catalyzed exhaust, or no exhaust, but I can't drive my emissions friendly acura down the road unless all my parts have carb numbers on them.

Ha thats funny , cause today i just bought me a '71 Chevy pickup, with a 350. It will soon be almost exactly what you said.

Back