I hate car shopping (formally vw/volvo thread)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok.

guess i'll pass on the volvos.
what is it about those cars though? electronics?

and i love subarus, but the years that i can afford, im just too concerned about the headgaskets and that kind of stuff going wrong. the 03 +/- had big issues with those, and ive already had to do that with mine, not wanting to go through it again.

i didnt even know that mitsu had a wagon lancer, but would pass on that primarily bc its a royal pain to find parts for those around here. if anything breaks and i need it asap, online is the only option, even the parts houses dont carry much.

will keep looking.

the 2.0 engine in the Protege5 (and Protege sedan) is shit
they pop at about 85k +/-

cool car... comfortable, rode well, handled nice, looked good... i liked mine right up until the engine decided to shit itself
i know there are several people on forums with them still kicking at 160k+... but knowing 5 people personally who all popped those engines within 10k +/- of 85k then seeing dozens of others on forums that had it happen right around that same area makes me a bit gun-shy of them

they seem to go for a good while around here, unfortunately, they arent very common to find for sale. the ones i have found were all manuals.

wouldnt mind having a mazda 6 wagon, but none for sale in the area.

but, like i said, im just looking for anything now, wagon would be awesome, but im not going to pass up a good car if its not one.

?
car_photo_23751_7.jpg

I would in a heartbeat, if there was one for sale within my price range

some douche that lives around the corner has one.. lowered on some wheels.. big stupid fart can on the back.. i want to smack him every time i see it

he's got it all sagging in the rear and it looks like shit

^YES!

Lexus builds a better car than anybody. The RWD (non Camry copies) are the best ones to get. My sister has a 94 SC400. 200k on the thing and it runs like a champ. 19 years of NE Ohio winters and it is still rust free. I'm doing the RR shocks on it now and the bolts aren't even corroded. Try that on a Honda (or anything else for that matter). Look for an old GS300/400 or LS400 if the IS300 is out of reach.

Back