I hate dell

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
So I came home yesterday from work and my computer won't boot up without entering setup. I figure I have a virus, well I need to know where to get a virus killer or some free shit to fix this damn computer. Anyway I got it all set up yesterday so that it was workin all night.

So I come home today and my fucking keyboard won't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled all the drivers, updated through Dell, restarted and restarted the computer and the keyboard won't work. I plugged it into a USB port, into the keyboard port, back and forth, restart and restart. Nothing.

So after an hour and a half, I plugged my old logitech keyboard in, restarted and it came right up. It's not in the computer, USB/keyboard slot, or wireless remote thing, but it's in the goddamn keyboard itself. Fresh batteries didn't have any effect either. Could I have a bad keyboard?? :angry: :angry:

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Dec 4 2003, 08:18 PM
sorry mang.

I've never broke a keyboard before??
oh well thats what $7 for a new one???

it's a wireless keyboard. I can get another one, but I can't spend anymore money...beginning of the month...and bills. <_<

oh and no, it's not 7 dollars...unless you ebay it up...but I won't.

I had that trouble with my computer when I first built it, what was the problem was I screwed up my usb ports but u also said that ur keyboard ps-2 port was screwed up so I say new keyboard, but chack ur usb ports for any foriegn objects and ur ps-2 port. are you using a usb -> ps-2 switcher? if so that might be screwed up on ur ps-2 problem.

I had a computer that would only use the USB for the keyboard....But then again, the motherboard was shit and the whole computer was cheaply made, but I wanted a fast computer for under $200...well it wasn't fast but faster than a 486....

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Dec 4 2003, 09:36 PM
WTF do you need a wireless keyboard for

because I sit about 20 feet from my computer sometimes and that way I can still type and watch tv or do other things without having to be sitting 2 inches from my big ass 19" monitor.

Very truthful. Sounds like its definitely the keyboard. Should be under warranty of some kind. I would send it back, and they should refurbish it for you.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Dec 4 2003, 11:33 PM-->
Smonkeyboy
@Dec 4 2003, 09:36 PM
WTF do you need a wireless keyboard for

because I sit about 20 feet from my computer sometimes and that way I can still type and watch tv or do other things without having to be sitting 2 inches from my big ass 19" monitor.

:werd: 21" and wireless rules......for a while I used 20' extensions...$10 at staples... best buy usually has free[$10 mail-in-rebate]keyboard's,worked great until I had cash for the wireless.

if you have another computer, install the drivers for the wireless keyboard and see if it works on that, that'll tell you if its the keyboard or not

Originally posted by zaneithan@Dec 5 2003, 12:12 AM
if you have another computer, install the drivers for the wireless keyboard and see if it works on that, that'll tell you if its the keyboard or not

good idea. i'll have to try that on my old 450 mhz computer.

Back