I hate getting food stuck in my head.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
Last night I was laying in bed thinking about food and how I really wanted some veal rib chops.
Then I woke up thinking about it, then I thought about it all day at work.... BAH!

So I made some veal rib chops, parsnip puree, polenta cake and broccolini.

Parsnips, I diced into small pieces (removing the grainy center) roasted them with some oil olive and salt, then I pureed them with some water, red pepper, paprika, black pepper, and olive oil.

Polenta was made using a mixture of water and beef stock, butter, salt, garlic, fresh parmesan, then spread out flat, chilled and cut into little rounds, I then pan fried them in olive oil.

Broccolini was blanched then hit with some kosher salt.

Veal was seasoned with nothing more then kosher salt and cooked on a very hot pan to med rare.

IMG_6403.jpg

IMG_6404.jpg

IMG_6417.jpg

IMG_6412.jpg

IMG_6424.jpg

It's all about making that nice crust on the meat.

Welp, now you guys have to think about food all night, suffer my same fate, go out tomorrow and make whatever it is you get stuck thinking about.

I made some veal chops a few weeks ago. Those things are so epic. Although I did a rub of garlic and oregano. So tasty.

i'm depressed now. i just don't have enough time to cook as much as i would like. i only get to cook on weekends.

My gf wont eat veal so I only get it if we go out to dinner. :thumbsdown:

Make what I made as with open a can of spaghetti yes a can... give her the canned spaghetti and eat your veal, parsnips, and polenta cake. Making the best O face you can while eating it.

Yeah I like my gf so I dont think that would be a good idea. She is quite the foody, just wont eat veal. She will eat just about anything else so it does not bother me too much.

Back