I hate having a roomate.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If its getting this bad, take your valuables out of the place and stash them at your parents/grandparents, etc house so he doesnt grab some of them before he goes.

...either someone, here, was the guy who stole all the valueables :p, or the guy who had all his valueables stolen. ;)

Didn't happen to me, but my Uncle who just went through a divorce got robbed blind by the bitch.

when he's out go in his room (with gloves on, no prints) find his stash and paraphenilla, call the cops, invite them in (then no warrent is needed), they haul his sorry ass to jail.

take the cat when he leaves and give it to someone or drop if off at an animal shelter.. if he doesnt like that, tell his ass to move out then and that animals arent allowed there.. and that you're not jeopardizing your home/apt because he wants a fucking cat.. i dont see the pot smoking as a big deal as long as he keeps it in his area of the apt and not out in the middle of the living room.. if he wants to go on the roof.. tell him you hope he falls off in the process..

Didn't happen to me, but my Uncle who just went through a divorce got robbed blind by the bitch.

fuck that shit. id find her and take my shit back

when he's out go in his room (with gloves on, no prints) find his stash and paraphenilla, call the cops, invite them in (then no warrent is needed), they haul his sorry ass to jail.

the cops around here dont see it like that. if i invite them in and they find anything at all then we both go down. both of our names are on the lease so they would arrest both of us. believe me, i checked on that but im not going down in the process. my record is clean except for a misdomeaner, im not adding a drug charge to that. all he has to say is that i planted it then its he said she said.

take the cat when he leaves and give it to someone or drop if off at an animal shelter.. if he doesnt like that, tell his ass to move out then and that animals arent allowed there.. and that you're not jeopardizing your home/apt because he wants a fucking cat.. i dont see the pot smoking as a big deal as long as he keeps it in his area of the apt and not out in the middle of the living room.. if he wants to go on the roof.. tell him you hope he falls off in the process..

honostly i would love to do that but im just looking for the easiest way out right now. i dont want more drama than is necessary, and im doing all i can to avoid him until rent is due on the fourth. then im going to get the paperwork to break the lease. the pot smoking is a big deal bc i hate drugs. i dont want them around me at all. he made the deal before we moved in that no drugs would be brought into the home. then he broke that deal. so its a big deal to me.

i spent 6 hours yesterday cleaning out my garage and organizing it so it will be easier to pack up. i got all the useful parts off my donor car and will be putting pics on my for sale thread. getting rid of the trashed shell of the car, and getting my tools ready. by the time the lease is broken i'll be ready to get the hell out in a hurry.

When I was joking around with my housemate the other day, I pretended to lock her outside. As a result of her being a female and merely being life support for the vagina her structure houses, she didn't think to use any common sense when she ran her hip into the glass door and broke two panes of glass.

Cue a $114 bill to fix the door. Being nice and feeling partly responsible, although I didn't actually break the door and there was clearly no reason for her to actually fight for the door to be opened when there were two other opened doors and she knows I would never actually look her outside, I left a $50 bill under her computer mouse.

What does she do when she comes home, she asks me if I have the other $6 - without saying "thank you" for the first $50. I told her I didn't have change, because I was put off by how tacky it was and then she said that she could give me change when she went out that night. I gave her a $20 spot and she gave me $10 back.

All in all, I paid $60 for something I didn't actually break and thats actually slightly more than half of the price. Rather than being happy I volunteered the $50 without saying anything, she actually overcharges me for 'half'.

She can't understand why the relationship is strained right now and I haven't been talking to her.

Also, I let her stay in my house for the summer for a 1/3rd of the actual rent and the one month was entirely free. As if I wasn't giving enough, already.

////end rant.

lol, damn, thats some shit.

but im asking him tonight for his part of the rent bc its due tomorow. ive already told him that im breaking the lease, so im gonna have my phone set on voice record in case he refuses to pay anything. then im going tomorow to sign the papers. then in 30 days im in the free. no more roomates, no more high ass rent.

fuck i cant wait.

and if anybodys looking for a "good time", they had better be female, naturally female, no operations.

Step 1: Pick up cat.
Step 2: Put cat in box. (Make sure it can breathe, numbnuts)
Step 3: Drive to a nice neighborhood that is several miles away from where you are.
Step 4: Open box, "free" the cat.
Step 5: Practice your "I have no idea what happened to your cat" speech.

In all seriousness, make sure you have at least three month's rent and utilities in the bank. That should go with normal every day life, but its definently required if you have a roomie who could bail at any second.

After you get the $ in the bank, report his ass for drugs and the cat, and ask if they want to reconsider the lease. Worst case is you both get tossed to the curb, and they sue you for the remainder of the lease. (very rare in reality). Document the phone calls, document what was said, who you were talking to, and what actions were taken. When court rolls around, you'll come out smelling like a rose. Watch yourself though, because if they notify the cops of the drug situation (very likely) and you're in the house when the po-po's come knocking with a search warrant, they'll tow your butt to jail with your friend.

thats why im avoiding all of that. in the state of tn there has to be a way to "buy out" of the lease. im not sure about everywhere else. but here in order to get out of the lease it goes like this:
1. pay rent and give a 30 days written notice of intent to vacate.
2. during 30 days, move and clean.
3. on the 30th day you have to pay another months rent even though you will no longer be living there.
the cost of breaking a lease agreement can be no more than 1 months rent. and if done this way there is nothing they can sue you for because its was broken within the agreements of the lease contract and state laws.

it costs, but its better to do it correctly and get out with no worries. then when i no longer have to worry about this expensive ass rent, i can save up money.

If you want to recoop some funds from your less than friendly roommate then you should try and get his wages garnished until you have what he owes. You should try to get him to admit that he doesn't pay rent and owes you money. You could also recoop the deposit for the apartment since he was the reason for breaking the lease. Find out what it takes and see if its worth it. Heck take him to The People's Court....:laughbounce2:

i hate that show.

i got plans. dont wanna post them yet bc he knows i frequent this site and what my sn is, i dont wanna spoil it. he may browse and see. will post more later.

well, he informed me tonight that he is not paying his rent. that hes moving out saturday. said he has to save up money for someplace to live, yet hes moving in with his parents.

im am extremly fucking pissed off right now.

Well this gives you the opportunity to find a new housemate without losing money. The situation may be an inconvenience at the current time, but you can end this situation in better standing than had you taken your route.

First, find a housemate as soon as possible. Get him in prior to the following month, that your current housemate leaves.

Second, take your housemate to small claims court for the monthly rent. Here you win a moral victory by teaching him he's not above the law and you are compensated and made whole through the legal system.

Congratulations, things are looking up.

Additionally, since your housemate is a deadbeat, you're probably worried about collecting on the rent and having to have courts garnish his wages. Here's the beauty of the situation, assuming that in order to rent the house/apartment you had to put down either 1, 1 1/2, or 2 month's rent - you already have access to a large chunk of that money. Speak to the landlord and be sure that he doesn't release your housemate's security deposit (in order to protect himself, he shouldn't release the deposit until the expiration of the lease, but due to your state's laws and the legal ability to break a contract given written notice, he may be obligated to release the deposit after X number of days) and if you can, have him access the current damages to the place you're renting. This way you know exactly what your housemate owes in terms of his deposit, as well as rent.

Now go get another housemate and have him put in his portion of the security deposit.

If you handle the situation this way, you really shouldn't lose any money in terms of damages or rent. The new housemate will make up for the other half of the security deposit, you can keep your former housemates security deposit and then sue him for the remaining balance.

bingo, you're all done.

If you have any questions about the way I laid things out, just let me know and I'll attempt to clarify, myself, further.

Last edited:
well i was thinking about that but i think it may be a little hard considering that the lease is up at the end of october. not many people want to rent for only 3 months. the security deposit was 1 months rent. which i paid the majority. and im checking the small claims court tomorow. do text messages count as suffecient evidence?

well i was thinking about that but i think it may be a little hard considering that the lease is up at the end of october. not many people want to rent for only 3 months. the security deposit was 1 months rent. which i paid the majority. and im checking the small claims court tomorow. do text messages count as suffecient evidence?

Yes.

awesome. he plans on moving out sat. im gonna get the ball rolling.

why not just stay until october and get a new place. it's only an extra month of rent.

then you can move and get a new place or whatever. don't worry about court and all that shit on this. eat the loss, learn from it, move on. sometimes thats the best way. you lose a friend, but save a lot more trouble down the road.

why not just stay until october and get a new place. it's only an extra month of rent.

then you can move and get a new place or whatever. don't worry about court and all that shit on this. eat the loss, learn from it, move on. sometimes thats the best way. you lose a friend, but save a lot more trouble down the road.

Well do you know what his cost of living is and what his income is?

Around here rent can easily be $2k a month, so thats losing a few thousand from a roommate's stupidty - I certainly wouldn't eat that loss, especially when there's no reason to eat the loss.

If we're talking $200 here, sure live and learn.

come on out to PA that's what everybody from jersey's doin

Back