I hate honda

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Ok, i just looked at an article in the Wall St Journal which talked about how the Civic is sucking balls. It mentioned how the New Si is not up to par, and how every other small car company offers a better alternative (WRX, SER, SVT F*ck@$$, ect.)

The article mentioned how honda tunerz are up in arms about the whole thing.

I couldnt agree more - i feel shafted, why doesnt Honda support us in any way? It makes no sence? The new SI is ugly, they could have atleast used the Ex 2dr w/K20 instead of that ugly bubble of a car!

Just venting my frustration

I for one like the new Si, but it is not on par with the Si of 99-00 and it doesn't do justice to the performance of it's nameplate.

I would be scared to go up against an SVT one night at a light if I had an 03 Si.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Mar 30 2004, 10:16 PM
why doesnt Honda support us in any way?

because almost no one in the "tuner" crowd actually buys NEW cars
most "tuners" buy cheaper used cars (less money spent on the car means more money left for mods)
the auto manufacturers dont make any money from people buying used cars... so they dont really give a fuck about them

I really don't like the new si...ugly pos imo.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Mar 30 2004, 10:25 PM
I for one like the new Si, but it is not on par with the Si of 99-00 and it doesn't do justice to the performance of it's nameplate.

I would be scared to go up against an SVT one night at a light if I had an 03 Si.

Ok, just to clarify, im not hating on any of you who like the new Si and thats not what this is about.

This is about the Kings of the Compact world shunning the vary people who kept the civic market alive, but, according to the Wall St Journal, "The Civic Lost its Cool". -> i couldnt agree more.

BTW, as honda owners, there are some things we deserve:

Honda needs to have its own aftermarket performance brand (Im talkin boltonz and coilovers ect) and an RSX Type R (phazing out the ITR, where's our replacement??)

Comon guyz i know you all agree with me.

I am only continuing building my honda because i am too far in now to stop, but this is THE LAST honda i will ever own (yes, i like it, but im done with honda).

Sorry to hear you're done with honda...

I do agree with your feelings regarding honda's approach toward supporting honda enthusiasts. I think if they did offer some cars that were on par with the wrx's and the evo's, more 'tuner' people would buy new cars. How many 'tuners' have gone out and bought new wrx's and shit. I know of quite a few who were honda die hard's who went out and bought new wrx's and evo's. The market is out there if they would only provide the type of cars that say "come buy me" in an irresistable way.

Ok, just to clarify, im not hating on any of you who like the new Si and thats not what this is about.

I know it's coo.

This is about the Kings of the Compact world shunning the vary people who kept the civic market alive, but, according to the Wall St Journal, "The Civic Lost its Cool". -> i couldnt agree more.

Me either.

BTW, as honda owners, there are some things we deserve:

Honda needs to have its own aftermarket performance brand (Im talkin boltonz and coilovers ect) and an RSX Type R (phazing out the ITR, where's our replacement??)

ITR Replacement = RSX Type S At least in my mind it is. But I'm crazy. I mean whats sweeter than a 200 hp 2.0 and a 6 sp??? I loved my SPec V and I'd get a Focus because of the 170 hp 2.0 and 6 sp, but the RSX has both those cars beat with power per liter and weight.

Comon guyz i know you all agree with me.

Of course we do.

I am only continuing building my honda because i am too far in now to stop, but this is THE LAST honda i will ever own (yes, i like it, but im done with honda).

I haven't even begun and I still want to. So i can say a couple of years later that I'm bored and I want to move on.

Honda doesnt have "tuners" at the top of their list...they are probally tryiny to aim to the crowd of older average mid-life crisis type people(-ish)..."tuners" r not even a fraction compared to the consumer market in the car industry

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Mar 30 2004, 10:41 PM
Honda doesnt have "tuners" at the top of their list...they are probally tryiny to aim to the crowd of older average mid-life crisis type people(-ish)..."tuners" r not even a fraction compared to the consumer market in the car industry

Yes, but why not exploit a market they have already captured by accident???!?!!!!>>>>>>>>!!!!!

BTW, whats better than a 200hp 6spd Type S?? A 220hp 6spd Type R. . . . . . . we always get the crap of the car world.

my brothers si with just intake and exhaust beat a 99 civic si that had I/H/E skunk 2 stage 1 cams, skunk 2 cam gears, aem rail and regulator. car and a half.
athrough i dont think its up to "par". Its underpowered, and cannot compete with cars like itself. subaru has the wrx(and the sti), mitsubishi has the evo 8, the new mazda rx8(which is a waste IMO, rx7 was better), ford SVT focus, GM stepping up its cavalier to the cobalt, and where is honda? in basically last place. A stock Si might beat a stock svt focus, but not for long(SVT is working to make it faster). Honda needs to bring the type r's here, build something AWD, and something with a turbo, that is more in the intrest of the tuners, and something that when its released it will whip these other cars asses. Honda I think is aiming more towards the fuel effecient, and the hydrogen cars, and moving away from the performance cars. They still have the Si(which has been the longest time honda has made an SI-at 3 years of them, the only other civic SI was in production for 2 years) the new 04s have 5 lug wheels. The s2000 is pretty much a little too expensive for the general tuner. Yea, acura might have the new tsx, but its heavy as shit, and IMO pretty ugly too. Honda is slackin, and they now need to play catch up.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Mar 30 2004, 11:02 PM
my brothers si with just intake and exhaust beat a 99 civic si that had I/H/E skunk 2 stage 1 cams, skunk 2 cam gears, aem rail and regulator. car and a half.

ummmm.... <_<

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Mar 30 2004, 11:38 PM-->
Originally posted by bigdaddyIII@Mar 30 2004, 11:19 PM
cycloneb18c3
@Mar 30 2004, 11:02 PM
my brothers si with just intake and exhaust beat a 99 civic si that had I/H/E skunk 2 stage 1 cams, skunk 2 cam gears, aem rail and regulator.  car and a half.

ummmm.... <_<

:withstupid:

:concur: Driver...

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Mar 30 2004, 11:38 PM-->
Originally posted by bigdaddyIII@Mar 30 2004, 11:19 PM
cycloneb18c3
@Mar 30 2004, 11:02 PM
my brothers si with just intake and exhaust beat a 99 civic si that had I/H/E skunk 2 stage 1 cams, skunk 2 cam gears, aem rail and regulator.  car and a half.

ummmm.... <_<

:withstupid:

:werd:

2 options for that story

1 - its :bs:
2 - the guy in the 99 Si cant drive worth shit

(possible 3rd choice - the 99 Si was only running on 3 cyl)

how are you putting the si at the top of Honda's list? anyone ever heard of a little car called an s2000?

Finally this issue is getting some press, and yes the S2000 is the only thing that honda has done since they have pretty much dropped the industry they created. Although they still make some of the best motors out there, and I know mazda people and focus people who wish that honda was putting the motors in their cars.

i think most honda ppl are doing the same thing, saying fuck honda after their first honda. i know when im out of college, i plan on purchasing a awd car (sti...hopefullly) any fwd is a shitty platform to work with, i dont see why any "real" tuner would want to.

eh I still like honda, well my honda anyway.

I wish we knew someone on the "inside" at honda, perhaps we could relay a message to them to pull their heads outta their asses.

YAH, a family sedan with balls- I know my personal recipe for going fast is a 3000lb+ car with 260 hp (just a guess, i've completely forgotten the proposed output for that motor)

-sorry bro, not hating on you, just hating on honda in general, i'm so digusted with where they have gone lately, and this civic will def. be my last honda until a major overhaul happens over there

Back