i hate my desicions...please read

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lil_red_si

now i am really beggining to hate my painted interior and now hate myself for ever thinkin about painting it....i want to take it off.....how do i do it....thinner and a rag?......has anyone ever "unriced" an interior before....is the thinner gunna do any damgage to the panels? please help me out on this

its not very jdm to paint your interior pieces. buy new interior pieces from a junk yard and pay and learn from your idiotic, moronic, retarded choice to paint them.

dude.....chill out....i only asked if the paint could be removed and not damage the panel.....no need for the harshness.....im only 16 and was thinkin of ricin out my rex....changed my mind and wanna do it right....chill dood

you can use paint thinners, but i would use a paint stripper and a flat clearcoat... i am a victim also :cry: 5 years ago though

werd, i've been there before. 99.9% of car guys do something they regret and look back knowing it was dumb. i've been there to. if you strip it, it will have a funny color to it and you will have to prep it and repaint it. i just went and bought new plastic. Might cost $25 or so, but it's better than doing the work to repaint it.

yea.. when i bought my car.. i had some pieces painted red already... i pulled that shit out and tried everything to get it off.. i trashed them and now looking for new rear panels..

yup to bad u riced her out...if u use laquer thinner to get it off it will def strip the paint but it will dull all ur plastic and make it look all shitty. So basiclly as stated above your best bet is to learn fromur ricerass mistake buy new intereior panels....oh ya i got some from a 91 si if u are interested in buying them :mrgreen:

I had painted interior vents in my civic. They were originally black so after a few months i sprayed em back to the OEM colour w/some cheep wallmart spraypaint.

why dont you just scuff up what paint is on there, clean it with some thinner, and just spray the same type of paint you used in a normal color?

yeah, my vote is to repaint the plastic parts. The carpet......I think thats going to have to be replaced. You could try dying it back to black but I have my doubts from seeing the pics you posted.

well....im very short on cash at the moment and was thinkin.....if i stripp the paint all off.....i was thinking about repainting it with duplicolor black vinyl paint or even that good sem stuff that paint shops sell.....i also wanna do it because the 88-89 crx i belive had the grey tops on the dash and door panels....i wouldnt worry about the back panels because there already out....what do you guys think on the sem respray using just black paint?

Quoted post[/post]]
well....im very short on cash at the moment and was thinkin.....if i stripp the paint all off.....i was thinking about repainting it with duplicolor black vinyl paint or even that good sem stuff that paint shops sell.....i also wanna do it because the 88-89 crx i belive had the grey tops on the dash and door panels....i wouldnt worry about the back panels because there already out....what do you guys think on the sem respray using just black paint?
I had to repaint mine, but looking back, a can of Aircraft Paint Remover or Gasket Remover might work.
Wipe fast or it'll eat the plastic.

Quoted post[/post]]
now i am really beggining to hate my painted interior and now hate myself for ever thinkin about painting it....i want to take it off.....how do i do it....thinner and a rag?......has anyone ever "unriced" an interior before....is the thinner gunna do any damgage to the panels? please help me out on this

ohh shit i just got through flaming your other thread dude! :laugh: :laugh: try some ''oops or ''goof off'' first before you go into paint strippers and such. damn man i'm fucking cracking up over here!!! :)

Back