I hate my freaking car. HELP!! need answers asap!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
[rant] I hate my car. every week something else goes wrong, and its pissing me off!!! ahhhhhhhh [/rant]

ok enough of my rant, i really do need some serious help. when im driving if i push the gas pedal more then slightly i get a horrible shaking throughout the entire car, mostly in the steering wheel. seems like the steering goes a little numb while its shaking too. now this happens basically at any speed, in any gear. only on accelleration. braking nothing happens. when the car is coasting, nothing hapens either, i can be going downhill like 90 mph in our out of gear, and as long as i dont push the gas pedal more then just a little bit, it will be fine, but once i step on the gas, it shakes really bad. ive checked the lug nuts and they are all tight. i just got back to school so i dont have the tools to do this myself, and try to look at stuff. all my shit is home, so now i must take it somewhere to get fixed before i can drive 250 miles back home. now i NEED to have some answers to try and pinpoint this before i go so i can tell them what to look for. in my head im thinking something is loose in the suspension, or something loose with the steering, or maybe something wrong with my tranny. someone please help ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

bump, i need some suggestions. ive had a few people lean me towards the tranny. more info- im pretty sure its been leaking oil, mostlikely a bad axle seal, not leaking bad, very slowly, but has been doing it since the sumer, but i never got around to changing the oil. can low oil cause this? had someone steer me towards the differential too, any thoughts there?

furthermore, i have a worn upper balljoint. but i thought that that would cause shaking or vibration all the time, acceleration, deccelleration, braking, coasting, etc. any thoughts?

comeone guys someone has to have an idea. please, thanks.

take a WILD shot in the dark and say ur flywheel is warped, does the car shimmy like all hell when u take off in first.

shimmy? im not quite sure i know what you mean. it doesnt pull to one side if thats what you mean. but i dont know how it could be the flywheel, not saying your wrond, it just doesnt sound right to me, can you explain your theory a little more? or give insight as to if the other problems sound right? im just soo pissed i dont know what to do. i wish i was home cause i have tools there, but i have nothing at school and im forced to pay someone to fix this now.

and its not really noticeable in 1st gear, it revs too fast and im not in it long. second and up is where you notice it, and gets more noticeable and happens with less and less pressure on the gas pedal. like 1st gear not noticleable at all and you can pretty much push it fine, but in 5th its terrible and if you press the gas any more then slightly it shakes like all hell.

test if its the tranny

get up to like 60 mph on a back road, clutch in, put it in netutral. rev it. steer it all over the place.

if it doesn't do it, go to a deseted parking lot. bang around in reverse. hard. hit 5-6k in reverse lol does it still do it?

that sounds like an odd way to test the tranny B, but ill try it out later today lol. i know for a fact that nothing happens in your first scenerio, ive already done it. nothing happens when its in nuetral, or even coasting down hill while in gear. only when i try to accelerate. ill try out the reverse thing.

and how exactly does this test the tranny? what results should i get if this is the tranny? do you think its fixable? if this is the case, do you think my tranny is fucked?

this may sound bad but my car when the first engine that was in it decided to blow on me that's how it acted... it owuld do it whne i was accelerating... hope it doesnt happen to you

well i know im full of oil, i check the dipstick all the time now, and i replaced the oil pan gasket like last week, and its not leaking oil anymore. so i know its not that.

well the car is at the shop now. my friend who is a mechanic said he thinks its the axles and/or cv joints. he doesnt think its the tranny or the clutch, so i dunno. we will soon see. anymore opinions?

:newbie: lol, i will tell the shop to do it if its the axles :p

Originally posted by 90DAFOSHIZZLE@Oct 21 2003, 01:34 AM
My old car did that same exact shit and it pissed me off. Turned out to be the axles. After that the shaking went away.

was it just one axle or both? which side was it on? was it expensive to fix? were your symptoms exactly the same as mine?

Back