I hate my freaking car. HELP!! need answers asap!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i see from your sig that you have an aftermarket flywheel. this is just a guess but maybe your flywheel is coming loose..or missing some teeth.

how would missing teeth do anything? the teeth on the flywheel arent there for anything but to start the car. and i dunno how it would come loose. i mean the swap has been in the car basically untouched for like 2 years. i dunno, we will see, but i dont think it has anything to do with the flywheel. and while we are talking about the flywheel, i always thought it was aftermarket, but turns out its not. when i was replaceing the oil pan gasket i got a glimpse at the flywheel and saw P30 on it. which car is this from? what is P30 the code for? when i bought the car, the guy said it was a lightened flywheel, i guess he just had a stock one lightened.

One axle was worse than the other. This is how I checked the axle: jack up the car and grab the axle and see if it will move in and out. Do this to both axles. Mine made a nasty clunk when I did that and they moved in and out by one inch, YIKES!!!!!!

by shimmy in mean vibrations, u could have a very slightly warped flywheel, the vibrations would be coming from it moving and hitting ur pressure plate. my car does it a little, my freind jason's WRX does it hella bad, it gets that way from driving it hard, if it only does it in gear.... not while coasting, its not axles, if it doesnt do it while u are coasting in gear, its because u arent putting any TQ into the flywheel and ur tranny. The more TQ you have the more u will feel it. Im sayin have him inspect the flywheel. but other than that i dunno mang...
Maybe u should replace ur muffler bearings, that seems almost the most logical thing to do now hehe.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Oct 21 2003, 03:55 AM
my bad. nevermind. i thought the flywheel turned with the engine & tranny while you're driving and acelerating.

the flywheel does turn with the engine, but it really doesnt do anything with the teeth, sorry i should have worded it better.

IDMaxGuy - muffler bearings! thats it! lol :lol: not really, but its hard to tell if it does it while coasting or not. sometimes it feels like it but other times it doesnt. its hard to distinguish the vibrations from the engine (hasport solid mounts), from the shaking. and it seems like its starting to do it during braking too. i know its not rotors, i just replaced them like 2 months ago with all new rotors/pads/calipers/lines. i dunno, its at the shop, we will see what they say, but i would think if it was the flywheel that it would do it all the time, i dunno. we'll see

i kind of doubt its your axles. i have driven around with both axles broken and the only thing they did was make clunking sounds when i turned. no vibrations while driving.

maybe your flywheel just needs resurfacing. it could be getting glazed, causing the clutch to grab/slip/grab/slip about 50 times a second.

how did you drive with them broken? i dunno, if its the axles i suspect they are bad, but it could be cv joints as well, i dunno. the only reason i dont think its the flywheel is because of the effect on the steering. when the shaking happens the steering becomes less responsive. the flywheel wouldnt affect that.

you should probly check the blinker fluid level. :bs: lol

P.S. I was just wondering if it does it with the clutch pedal in or out or does it make no differance?

IDMaxGuy - wtf?? its a CRX dude, i dont have power steering :lol:

and CRX b16b - it hapens while im in gear and pushing the gas pedal (accellerating) it doesnt do it out of gear or coasting while in gear (not pushing pedal)

k for a bit I thought it was your main thrust bearing for you crank going out cuz they do that when you push the clutch in ( if they are shot that is). well good luck findin the problem.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 22 2003, 07:25 AM
i still think it's a loose nut behind the wheel. :D

loose nut behind the wheel? what wheel? the steering wheel? you never said anything about that, B, please tell me WTF you are talking about, lol :)

sounds like axles to me. if it was an out of balance flywheel it would oscilate funny at certain rpm in all gears and in neutral. the whole car would shake every time you reved it.

when my axle first started going out my steering wheel would jerk and the car would shake when i got on the throttle. but its been at least 9 months now and all it does now is make a popping sound.

got a call from the shop and its definitely not the transmission, which was a big relief. they dont know what it is, but i dont think they looked at the suspension or axles at all. i have to go up to the shop either today or monday and take one of the technicians for a ride so they know what im talking about. they thought i was talking about the vibration caused by the hasport mounts. but this isnt a vibration, rather a shuddering/shaking, and it didnt happen before when i had the mounts for about the first month either. so knowing that its not transmission related, got any other ideas?

i'll bet you anything its your motor mount/s. i was gonna say motor mount in the beginning but when you said it happens when youre braking and coasting and stuff, i figured it cant be just a motor mount.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Oct 24 2003, 10:47 PM
i'll bet you anything its your motor mount/s. i was gonna say motor mount in the beginning but when you said it happens when youre braking and coasting and stuff, i figured it cant be just a motor mount.

i know its not the mounts. ive broken a motor mount before and my shifter slammed around everywhere, but hte whole car didnt shake, only the shifter. and the shifter didnt even vibrate alot, it would just move around, not shake. but my whole car shakes, and happens only on moderate to hard acceleration. and i just put the hasport mounts on like 2 months ago. i am 99.99999999% sure its not mount related.

Back