i hate my fucking job

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:yarly:

i've been working for 3 weeks straight with no days off, and no o/t pay to think of.
this project goes live monday.
its not remotely done.
its not been tested.
3/4 of it does work.
the code base that was no written by me is a piece of shit.
i hate quad nested tables to show a fucking border.
"programmers" should be fucking shot.

like really, i'm at the point right now where i want to just drop the database, format the file server, and just not show up for work on monday or any day there after. just like peter gibbons. not quit, just stop going.

i have 3 high-paying freelance clients lined up right now with one starting real soon, and i just got my tax return, so i think i'll be ok if i stop getting paid for a couple months.

im so fucking frustrated.
i have no motivation.
vnc is a slow piece of shit

bah

yeah, you wouldnt catch me using VNC for anything but support...

I definitely know what you feelin, but woking is just one of those things...ya gotta do it to eat. (although yesterday i got "food poisoning" from a sushi place and spent the day reading at starbucks).

If you DO quit, don't format it all before you leave.
Set up Apache and install perl. (or if you already have remote access with iis)
I'll write you a perl script that you can use to your advantage in a couple days so they think it's unrelated.
Perl doesn't run in the background either, it only runs when being called, so they won't think anything of it.
Then in a few days:
Del bigprojectomg.file
or
Format X:/ \Y

and so on.

i'm obviosuly talking out my ass. i'm not going to format anything.

i'm just so fed up with it, and frank may end up getting the worst of it
:ph34r:

oh, here's a good one:

Code:
$sSQL = "select convert(varchar(12), starttime, 101) as 'call_date', t.ticketid, issueid, 
case when psc = 'Y' then '<font color=\"#FFCC00\" size=\"3\">PSC</font>'

yeah, lets fucking select some html color codes.

fucking god dman piece of shit useless fucking hacks

Quoted post[/post]]
oh, here's a good one:

Code:
$sSQL = "select convert(varchar(12), starttime, 101) as 'call_date', t.ticketid, issueid, 
case when psc = 'Y' then '<font color=\"#FFCC00\" size=\"3\">PSC</font>'

yeah, lets fucking select some html color codes.

fucking god dman piece of shit useless fucking hacks
Wow...
(B, How long has the AIM chatroom not worked?)

I thought you had to be paid overtime if you worked more than 14 days in a row, regardless of hours? Maybe I'm wrong though.

ouch...im still hourly for the time being, but i dont think thats gonna be that way for much longer...i dont think my boss likes signing my checks anymore.

i wouldnt do it myself, but id want to make an animated gif of me givin them the finger....repeat, make background on every computer in the office. the end.

life.png

I just walked out of my job today. Vons told me they were going to pay me more than the entry level pay, but they only gave me a buck more, which made it 8.50 per hour. fuck that, i'm not going to be somebody's bitch for almost min. wage. and they have so many fuckin rules about service and all this shit. you literally will get your ass chewed, like i did today, for waling thorugh a group of people and forgetting to say hi to 1 of them. I was fed up with it. besides, i was working in the meat dept, and now i feel sick everytime i go to eat any meat. i guess the smell of the blood all day just gets to you. every time i cook something and go to take a bite, if i smell it, i totally lose my appetite.

so today i went in, hungover as shit, at 10am and just wanted to leave all day. they were pissed at me because i went home sick yesterday, and i really was sick, but they thought i was bullshitting. then like i said above, i walked by some guy and didn't say anything so my manager shewed my ass, which pissed me off more, so i was like, fuck it, i'm leaving. as soon as they told me to take a break at 1pm, i went out and got in my car and drove off, haha. didn't clock out or say anything to anyone.

i should probably be worried about getting a job right now, but that won't be a problem. i do feel good though, and i dont regret it. thta was a shitty job and was getting me nowhere, i only took it because i needed something closer to my house. fuck it, i am going back to serving. there's not many other jobs where i can work so few hours and still make enough and have time to go to school.

Back