I hate my ricer fart can!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thats best to do when short on the cash. You can build something yourself that will do the same job it just might not be as pretty ;)

and yes stock piping is not 2 1/4 it's 1 1/4. I'm upgrading mine to 2 1/2 from the headers when i drop the b18 turbo in. and that is a huge jump from the stock piping.

I measured the pipe I have sitting around and its 1 3/4" in diameter. Its the factory pipe. It goes right off the header to the lca split-off. Is it good enough to use? Its in good overall condition.

Last edited:
I guess it would be fine to use. If you're going to get an axle-back with larger diameter piping though, I'd probably see about getting a custom mid-pipe made that uses the same size pipe as the axle-back...

I guess it would be fine to use. If you're going to get an axle-back with larger diameter piping though, I'd probably see about getting a custom mid-pipe made that uses the same size pipe as the axle-back...
Whats a mid-pipe? I'm guessing it goes in between the axle-back and the rest of the piping?

Edit: Or is the mid-pipe between the header and the axle back?

Last edited:
For sure the Greddy SP2 and Apexi WS2 are the quietest exhuasts. However I have the S2 megapower on my gsr civ with the silencer in and it's not very loud at all. Cost me $450 tho.

For sure the Greddy SP2 and Apexi WS2 are the quietest exhuasts. However I have the S2 megapower on my gsr civ with the silencer in and it's not very loud at all. Cost me $450 tho.
Wouldn't the silencer restrict flow?

I wouldn't want that.

Hey if i'm doing my own piping with say a Apexi WS2 universal muffler if I try to bend the piping won't it creace in and become a smaller diameter? What is mandral or something bending?

Tanabe Madellion exhaust with 3" piping from the headers back. that is what i have going and is not a ricer sound. low tone even into the 4 to 5 grand area. after 5,200 get better.(wink wink)

Back