I hate snow

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
This is my thoughts and opinions on snow in general and the guys in the 4x4 trucks with the plow hooked to the front of it.

plow.JPG

See here in Maryland we dont get that much snow. A few "nor-easters" here and there but nothing as serious as the northeast. We are more like wannabes when it comes to wintery weather. In the past we have had a few blizzards that i can remember, in 1996 and 2001. But im talking 24 inches or so, nothing alaska type. The county i live in is Baltimore, County and this is one of marylands most populated areas. I live in sort or a richer part of town, called Towson. Where there is $2000 a month apartments and i am 15 minutes away from baltimore city and the inner harbor. So i would think that this would be a nice place to live. Well i guessed wrong.

On to our topic, There are many types of snow plowmen out there in my town, the Maryland Transportation Authority has one similar to this

newdump.jpg

And alot of individuals have their own personal vehicles they used to plow out people and parking lots for money. Some of them look like this

snowsportpic1.jpg
ron9.JPG
snowsportpic3.jpg

On with the rant... These "professional" trucks cant plaow for crap. All they seem to do is drive up and down snow covered streets with their plows up. WHy the hell would you have your plow up? Help us people with our fwd cars out. Just lay the damn plow down and drive to your next location. hen the salt spreeders on the back of the trucks always seem to hit cars instead of the roads. And when they stop at a light or a stop sign , all the salt purs out of the back of the truck leaving yet another obsticle for me to over come... the salt mountain. Causing cancer rust in many cars, mostly hondas, for as long as i can remember, They always salt the roads hours before the snow falls and they think this works. Most of the salt gets washed away or up into the tire wells of everycar that drives by. The etitquet of these drives are somewhat cocky. This guys fell all bug and bad because they cant get stuck in the snow, and how they are "helping" us out in our travels in the snow. Well you guessed wrong. My tax dollars should have went to something alittle more useful, as i seen 6 plow trucks this morning sitting in a parking lot, i presume talking to each other since they we all parked in a row.

In my apartment complex, we have one man road and several courts off of that road. Well i wake up this morning and to my suprise... my car is covered with snow. These plow trucks did one pass throungh my court and then they left. But that didnt do anything because there is still 12 inches of snow on the ground and now you just piled 8 more on top of my car. So now making it harder for me to get out. My girlfriend cannot drive in the rain let alone snow, and she had to work today. So i told her i would drive her in. Now my car is in now way set up for an all out snow like we have. I drive an automatic dx hatchback, with crx si wheels and some bfg traction t/a tires. Which are great in the snow. No they are no the michelin x-ices or whatever other studded snow tires i can think of, but they are a great rubber for the snow. I drove in 8 ish inches with now problem. I go outside ready to scrape the car off and get her warmed up for the trip to take my girlfriend to work at the hospital. Nothing, went right in this journey. It is 6:40 in the morning and i am wearing jeans and a sweatshirt, thinking it is not that bad out. I lace up my shoes and im off to get my day rolling. As soon as i am about to go outside i find out... im snowed in. All the snow has prevented us from opening our door to get outside. I push and push as Holly, my girlfriend sits on the steps watching me. She finally decides to get off her ass and help. We get the door open and i am thinking that it would be smooth sailing from here. I take one step... one step i mind you and i immediatly fall into the snow. It was up to my knee, and me being 6'3'' is no slouch. The drifts caused it to be almost 2 feet deep. I have to keep going in my efforts.

I keep on keepin on into my jpurney to my car. Step after step i go making a path for holly to walk in. I wipe off my rear hatch to get my scraper out. As i open my hatch, the shock breaks from the load of the snow and the hatch falls on my head. I now found my scraper but it is broken, so i have to use my lacrosse stick as a scraper. I unlock the door so holly can out here purse in the car, but she decides it is too cold and lets me uncover my car. 15 minutes later it is clean and ready to go. I put it in reverse and back up... easy. This thing drives like it is a sunny day out. But when i put it in drive... it goes no where. I am stuck. So after ~10 minutes i have moved 6 feet and i am ready to quit. But holly starts a fit and i tell her to shut up and drive while i push... Bad idea. I get out and she climbs over my center console. As i start to push i tell her to put it in drive... she turns the key... letting my car scream. And not just for a second... 4 or 5 seconds until i yell at her and call her every name in the book. She starts to cry and siits back down in her seat. I am heated now... I just wanna go park my car and go back to bed. 20 minues later i get the bitch unstuck and drive her to the hospital, which is less than a mile away.

The ride sucked because on the main road... they have done one swoop of the plows and it has iced over. But i get there, drop her off and turn back around to head home. I get stuck behind a salt truck on the way out... fun fun fun. As i am driving he decides to throw salt on the road as he is plowing my way. But the thing was none of the salt went on the road. He covered my car in the 10 mintes i had to follow him. As i turn off onto my road i see him side swipe a car... I stopped to look, and it kind of looked like this...

protegedamage.jpg

But he just kept driving along like nothing happened. I just wanted to get home so i decided to turn away and keep going. I make it to my complex and it is the same as i had left it. 5 minutes later, i get to my court. Only to find that someone took my spot. Now there is no parking spots available for me in my court. So i am pissed. So what do i do... i park my damn car right behind theirs and leave it. That was so much more easy to do then to find another spot. I hope the bitch doesnt need to get out for the next 12 hours because i am not picking holly up till she gets off of work at 8p.m.

I am now home in my apartment eating 4 slices of toast and drinking my glass of oj, warm and for some reason still wearing the same sweatshirt. Now i am off to play counter-strike : source probably until the pro bowl comes on. Good luck everyone in your travels in the snow, and remember that there are always more things that can go wrong. So assume nothing and live in the moment when it comes to snow :)

:cliffs:
1. i hate plow trucks.
2. I hate snow
3. i probably will not get any sex for about 2 weeks.

ps. - go to hell mr. plow... i hate you :mrgreen: Thanks for doing nothing.

your girlfriend is a fucking candy ass. Tell her Uncle Cel said so.

My GF is out with me, shovelling, pushing, hooking up chains, holding the tow straps while I attach to hooks and screwing in tow eyelets. She's clearing off cars (Never with sports equipment.. if you have no scraper, she uses her hand and doesn't say one bitch about it.

I mean yours though... wouldn't even get out to walk around the car ?! goddam.

Fuck, I handed my girlfriend the scraper and sent her on her way this morning. I don't work on sundays and I don't drive the car on sundays, so she can clean it off.

My girlfriend was scrapping her car off while I was shoveling her car off. I kept offering to drive her to work with the truck but she was confident she could make it.

Fuck my part timer just called me to say that he can't make it in. I doubt I will even open the store.

you, are an upstanding young gentleman. props to you for braving the conditions and bullshit to get her to the hospital so she can work. :thumbsup:

my g/f obviously drives a 240, which in her hands is damn near useless in more than 2 inches of snow. if she needs to get to work, she takes the mirage which is good in any NE snow so far :)

ill take the 240, pack a shovel and some sand/salt, and go parking lot drifting :mrgreen:

well for some reason this whole story has put a smile on my face. sorry to hear about your bad snow day, but it makes me happy that i live in the midwest, and i'm currently in Kuwait where there is no snow.

i got a shit load of snow... and its still coming down....

here's a couple pics..

Attachments

• PICT0076.JPG
    PICT0076.JPG
    546.1 KB · Views: 335
  • PICT0077.JPG
    PICT0077.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 327
B in that 2nd picture is that a picnic table bench sticking out of the snow?

Why do plow trucks not lower their plows when driving around? becuase they're not getting paid to. why should they fuck their plows up by plowing something they're not getting paid to plow.
keep in mind when you plow you run the risk of hitting who knows what under the snow, it happens all the time and you break stuff. The county pays county workers to plow your main roads, your apartment complex pays a company to come plow your parking lot. I saw my complex get plowed at lesat 8 passes last night (before going to bed). the roads still have snow on them but our complex is snow free since Im sure they plowed it none stop thruout the night.

Sure I pay out the ass for rent but I get what I pay for.

All I need to do is clear off my car and put it in gear.

Got about 14" right now, still comming down, and I can't see my next door neighbors house.

AWD powerslides in a Silverado = teh rox.

well i wish we had some snow... fucking lake effect... we are getting 0 from the nor-easter, well seeing as how it only affects places closest to the coast... whatever.

ive never EVER gotten my civic stuck in any snow. ive slid into snow banks, 1/2 my car under snow, and it still gets out. need to up a steep hill thats pretty long, turn the car around and do it in reverse, works everytime.

Well this thread is better then mine so...

This was at 8AM
Pciture008.jpg

sorry for the crappy pic, I didn't feel like going outside, or wiping the fogginess off my window.

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Thought I might as well have thrown these in too.

Here in eastern CT.... My guess... 2 feet almost... I've plowed 3 times already... And its still comin down...

yup- its still snowing here too. its actually picked up a little bit since noon... it was starting to die and get sunny.... now its overcast and snowing again.

since i shoveld we got about 2 more inches. i'm guessing 22" right now.

Back