I hate the Lakers!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I highly doubt that Kobe raped that girl, granted he cheated on his wife, but how many players in the NBA haven't, just because it is on the news doesn't mean it does not happen. The reason I say Kobe didn't do it, is because that girl had sex mere hours after being raped, give me a break, if I got raped I would be scared to bend over much less have sex. The girl is a slut plain and simple. As for the game WOO HOO the pistons win, didn't see the game I was playing ball myself. Pistons in 7, that is my call.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOwOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Pistons won. It was great, coming out of work, there were like 4 mintues left in the game, tied up at 59. walking to my car, you could hear People chear in the background when the pistons scored.

yah, i must say, the lakers are stacked. I hate when guys like shaq are getting 8 figures to play, and he plays half ass...that is what pisses me off. Even kobe: he could be the best player in the game if he was just more consistent and played with heart every game. but overall, the lakers are just a bunch of overpaid boys, playing a half ass game.

i like jordan cuz he was exciting to watch and could take over the game/win. he's the reason i began watching the NBA.

i like all four teams that are/were in the conference finals. i live in MN, but despite that, KG is the best all-around. i like kobe cuz he is exciting to watch, he can drive or shoot a fadeaway j (jordan-esque). i like o'neal of the pacers and the pistons.

lakers do seem to play half-assed sometimes. when they aren't winning by a huge margin, they make huge shots at the right moments. last year, robert horry's seeemingly countless clutch, game winning 3's. this year, fisher and his one in a million .4 seconds fading, no-look, catch and shoot game winner... and kareem rush's 6/6 3pt fg's in the lakers win in gm 6 over the wolves.

after watching game 2or3 of the pistons/pacers series i really wanted the pistons to win the championship if the wolves lost. they played so hard, ~17 blocks i think... and prince's block on miller was just unbelievable. so much effort and such a strong desire to win by the entire team.

I'm a Laker fan but i too get annoyed when they play half-assed. As far as shaq depending on his size, do you want him to start playing on his knees and lose a hundred pounds?! give me a break. it's not his fault he's bigger than everyone else. does shaq complain when he takes hard ass fouls and the refs let it go because he's that big and he could take it? he's not the most talented, but he sure is the smartest when it comes to him using what he knows people can't stop...his size. Sorry but Detroit has no chance at beating the lakers. the Lakers do not deserve another ring, but they are going to get it, plain and simple. if championships were based on heart and desire...i'd give it to any other team than the lakers. Lakers in 4! and that's with a straight face.

Sorry, gotta thread-jack.

The Red Sox will NEVER go to the Series, let alone win it. Give it up. The Cubs may go, but they'll never win it. And thankfully, I'll never have to endure a Red Sox-Cubs series. Last year proved that.

Pedro is a whiner and Manny and Varitek are overrated. If those guys left the team, I *might* not be so against the Sox making it to the Series. Until then, I'll be happy every time the Bombers knock the Sox out of the playoffs. It was worth seeing the Yankees lose the championship last year (as sad as that was) just to see Aaron Boone make every Red Sox fan in Boston scream and cry at once, with one swing of the bat in extra innings in Game 7.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jun 2 2004, 08:24 AM
The Cubs may go, but they'll never win it. And thankfully, I'll never have to endure a Red Sox-Cubs series. Last year proved that.

IT WAS ALL STEVE BARTMAN'S FAULT!! :D

expect a riot in Los Angeles whether the lakers win or lose...happens almost every year.

i like jordan cuz he was exciting to watch and could take over the game/win. he's the reason i began watching the NBA.

i like all four teams that are/were in the conference finals. i live in MN, but despite that, KG is the best all-around. i like kobe cuz he is exciting to watch, he can drive or shoot a fadeaway j (jordan-esque). i like o'neal of the pacers and the pistons.

lakers do seem to play half-assed sometimes. when they aren't winning by a huge margin, they make huge shots at the right moments. last year, robert horry's seeemingly countless clutch, game winning 3's. this year, fisher and his one in a million .4 seconds fading, no-look, catch and shoot game winner... and kareem rush's 6/6 3pt fg's in the lakers win in gm 6 over the wolves.

after watching game 2or3 of the pistons/pacers series i really wanted the pistons to win the championship if the wolves lost. they played so hard, ~17 blocks i think... and prince's block on miller was just unbelievable. so much effort and such a strong desire to win by the entire team.

19 blocks is the correct, but there were so many it is hard to keep track. Anyway, I want B16Racer to read that again, if he did at all. Let's just say that the Pistons will only get 10 blocks, that is possibly 20 pts, the Lakers will be losing, not to mention how much better the Pistons will be rebounding compared to the 'Wolves. Also, the Pistons will actually have a PG so they will have men down low. The only reason that the 'Wolves even lost to the Lakers is they had no PG to bring up the ball so KG had to do it and he was unable to pick up some boards. Also, the Pistons have players that can contain Shaq. Billups will bring some much needed shooting that the 'Wolves were lacking and Hamilton is draining the ball as of late. 33 points in game 5. Plain and simple, the Pistons can beat the Lakers, and I say in 7. It will come down to game 7 in L.A. and the heart in these teams will be shown LA has none, Piston has enough for 3 teams.

:werd: :withstupid: There is no way that the Cubs should ever give up, 8 runs I think it was, in one inning. There is no way, you can give up that many runs no matter what, poor pitching/fielding, call it what you want, it was the Cubs fault.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Jun 2 2004, 09:27 PM
:werd: :withstupid: There is no way that the Cubs should ever give up, 8 runs I think it was, in one inning. There is no way, you can give up that many runs no matter what, poor pitching/fielding, call it what you want, it was the Cubs fault.

Exactly. People were using Steve Bartman to cover up the fact that the Cubs were giving up the game due to poor play.

Oh well, it's baseball season again, so I'm happy again. :) Also, hockey and basketball will be over soon, so then I'll be even more happy. :lol:

Originally posted by SolReaver+Jun 1 2004, 03:02 PM-->
Frankie P.
@May 31 2004, 11:00 PM
Plain and simple I hate dynasties, or not even dynasties, I hate franchises that buy the best player just to win a championship. Hence the Lakers and Yankee's, shit I hated the Bulls back in the day too. The Lakers did not deserve to win this series (Wolves/Lakers) much less deserve to make it in the playoffs. I have never seen a team play so lazily and incosistent, that is my main problem with the Lakers. If they at least played with heart and determination, I could respect them, I don't even give them that. Kevin Garnett is the most deserving player to win a ring in the league right now, Payton and Malone had their chances and blew them, they had support to win them a championship.

Garnett has made it to the playoffs 8 years in a row, and the first 7 he was the only worth player on the team. Finally he gets some support in Spreewell and Cassell, and Cassell was hurt. Lets hope the Pistons win their series, because they at least have a chance to beat the damn Lakers, with Ben and Rasheed Wallace, and not to mention Chauncey Billups. Lets go Pistons, and to hell with the fucking Lakers. Just for some information, I am from So. Cali and still hate the damn "S"Lakers. The last real Laker team was when Magic was on it. One more thing, put some more talent on the Eastern Conferance and stop lopsiding the teams, football is the only "equal" sport IMO.

Ok that is the end of my rant!!! Thank you for your time.

Didnt deserve to win? You're obviously wrong. They are the best team in the west, no questions asked. The lakers can afford to play lazily some games. It seems like they have 3 modes: sleepwalking, playing half assed, and dominating. Did you watch game 5? The Lakers were like zombies.

When necessary l.a. will step up. I assume you saw Kareem Rush's amazing performance...

And regarding this "buying the best player" remark...the goal of any nba team is to win the trophy. What better way to do that than with the best players available.

As for detroit winning the playoffs...lol

Lakers in 4.

broom.jpg

Detroit : 1
LA Lakers : 0

Charles = :owned:

Originally posted by Havok+Jun 6 2004, 10:45 PM-->
Originally posted by SolReaver@Jun 1 2004, 03:02 PM
Frankie P.
@May 31 2004, 11:00 PM
Plain and simple I hate dynasties, or not even dynasties, I hate franchises that buy the best player just to win a championship. Hence the Lakers and Yankee's, shit I hated the Bulls back in the day too. The Lakers did not deserve to win this series (Wolves/Lakers) much less deserve to make it in the playoffs. I have never seen a team play so lazily and incosistent, that is my main problem with the Lakers. If they at least played with heart and determination, I could respect them, I don't even give them that. Kevin Garnett is the most deserving player to win a ring in the league right now, Payton and Malone had their chances and blew them, they had support to win them a championship.

Garnett has made it to the playoffs 8 years in a row, and the first 7 he was the only worth player on the team. Finally he gets some support in Spreewell and Cassell, and Cassell was hurt. Lets hope the Pistons win their series, because they at least have a chance to beat the damn Lakers, with Ben and Rasheed Wallace, and not to mention Chauncey Billups. Lets go Pistons, and to hell with the fucking Lakers. Just for some information, I am from So. Cali and still hate the damn "S"Lakers. The last real Laker team was when Magic was on it. One more thing, put some more talent on the Eastern Conferance and stop lopsiding the teams, football is the only "equal" sport IMO.

Ok that is the end of my rant!!! Thank you for your time.

Didnt deserve to win? You're obviously wrong. They are the best team in the west, no questions asked. The lakers can afford to play lazily some games. It seems like they have 3 modes: sleepwalking, playing half assed, and dominating. Did you watch game 5? The Lakers were like zombies.

When necessary l.a. will step up. I assume you saw Kareem Rush's amazing performance...

And regarding this "buying the best player" remark...the goal of any nba team is to win the trophy. What better way to do that than with the best players available.

As for detroit winning the playoffs...lol

Lakers in 4.

broom.jpg

Detroit : 1
LA Lakers : 0

Charles = :owned:

Ok, so obviously the Piston defense is too much for the Lakers to handle, just gotta wait till LA gets off their ass and realizes they need to win.

Originally posted by Floydy@Jun 6 2004, 11:19 PM
Lakers aren't winning in 4 after the beating the pistons gave them.  :D

Good game to the Piston fans, but could a team normally be dominated in OT like that? The answer is no, and props to Kobe for nailing that killer shot.

s40c68f5604e32.jpg

bad play on detroit's side. If detroit would have fouled him when making that shot, kobe would only get 2. Pistons win.

Kobe did rule the last 7 minutes or so.l

Detroit is still making it a great series. When was the last time the Lakers were kept under 100 in 4 quearters, let alone overtime? Detroit won one in LA, I'm satifsfied...Back to the Palace, woo woo.

When it comes down to it nothing really matters on how each team plays because the fuckin NBA is gonna rig the shiet like they do every year so that Malone and Payton can get their damn rings and finally retire. Its gonna happen that way no matter who deserves it most because the NBA is all about money and if the Lakers win again and keep their dynasty going it attracts more viewers because americans love dynastys! <----hench more money for the NBA.......Remember always follow the money trail.

Back