I hate the people in this country

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by B16+Dec 16 2003, 07:36 PM-->
SleEPeR_CRX
@Dec 16 2003, 04:27 PM
just shows how stupid u really are, and can't let another culture in your country.

are you fucking kidding me? do you have any idea how many cultures are in the US? i think that statement shows your own ignorance. EH?

haha, I was just about to say that.

Its bad enough that everywhere you go there are signs for spanish speaking people.

If English is the first language, then the peeps that live here should be required to learn it.

Press 1 for english, Press 2 for espanol, and press 3 to hear a duck quack.

LOL, thats everyplace you call that has an automated system.

And for Canadians, the really only good thing to come out of there is Beer, and hot bitches.

That is all.

Thanks ;)

i would like to know what the fuck is his problem is he jealous because we are a better country . im tired of all these people using these stereotypes on us americans. that shows how ignorant they are. fuck i they dont like us then dont pay us any attention. there is no reason to start critizing us . shit if we were so bad then why is it that everybody want to come to our country. you dont hear other people talkin , oh i wish i could go canada thats where the oportunities are. no they want to fucking come here to the usa because our economy is superior to canadas . i dont have a problem with canadians , i have a problem with dumb fucks like you (sleeper crx) who are ignorent morons.

I was debating where to post this reply, in this topic, or in h22bubbleback's other post about Why Canada sucks. This thread seemed to have a few original ideas in it though, so this seems more appropriate.

First of all, I don't think JimJewy's experience is an accurate reflection of the views of Canadians as a whole. I spent quite a few years in Canada, and I never encountered this kind of asinine behavior being directed towards everyone. I found most Canadians to be sympathetic towards the plight of their military and the lack of support they recieve from the government.

As to this issue of culture, addressed by B16 and sisteve, I hope you were being sarcastic. You both claim that the United States is far more culturally diverse than Canada, then sisteve claims that if you live in the US you should be required to speak english. The United States is a melting pot society, numerous cultures from around the world come here, and are required to conform to this way of life. Often forfeiting many of their traditional ways of life. This is not necessarily a bad thing, it is just a policy issue. In Canada, public policy is geared towards multi-culturalism. That is, all of these cultures exist in the country without homologation.

In regards to Canada's support of the United States in foreign military campaigns. Canada's specialty in the realm of foreign affairs is diplomacy and peace keeping. By even condoning the United States' unilateral military action in the middle east Canada's ability to act as a mediator would be severely compromised.

I believe the issue of marijuana was raised by h22bubbleback, and no, Canada is not legalizing marijuana. Canada decriminalized it. For those of you who have trouble with this distinction, in essence it means that under law possession of marijuana is still not permitted, but it also can not result in jail time. Trafficking is still a criminal offense, and possession results in a fine. Regardless of your stance on marijuana, surely you can appreciate the value sending less people to jail. Even from a purely economic standpoint.

I'm trying not to be antagonistic, and to simply state the facts. However, anybody who believes that you are better off living in the United States than in Canada while making under $100K/year is simply delusional. Under the current Republican government the economic disparity in the United States will only continue to grow. Public services will continue to be slashed, and even the poor here applaud that because they see a marginal decrase in taxation. Believeing that the current system of government in the United States works is on par with hoping to win the lottery. If you can get rich you'll stay that way, but otherwise you're out of luck. And despite Republican rhetoric, not everyone can be rich, someone has to make the hamburgers.

Hmmm...that was probably too much..oh well.

-Steve

it seems as if most canadians get there view of america thru movies. but we all know that everything on tv is real....right... :unsure:

You know what frustrates me? Canada is pretty much the same place.

Not that much is different. If you walk down the street, I can't tell the difference from America or Canada. Everything's geared to be like "OUR" society. Not too much unique really, besides french signs instead of the Espanol ones we have here.

You act like we're ignorant and we are this Melting pot? Its a mosaic DAMN IT! Get with the 21st century.

From my point of view, Canada might seem all peace loving, but really its just pretty much the same as the United States, but without a cock and balls........

Canada... Leading the world in being just north of the United States for 136 years straight
jerkit.gif

Back