I Hate Theives, I Prevented One Tonight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
shit up here you dont have the right to shoot anyone for anything
which is good in my city of 1,000,000+ we have 17 murders a year and all but one or two get solved right away rearly do they go unsolved
as for burglaries they happen but the cops usally catch the pricks

hcivic.com where do u live? O and for Georgia, I can not find a clause in their state laws stating you can use lethal force (you dont have to kill them for it to be lethan force) to prevent your propery or an extension of your property from being taken w/o the owner's consent. I am working on WA right now. The only reason I am doubting you is because 95 percent of people think they now what they are talking about when it comes to law when most of the time it's either bullshit or 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th hand info. But if you can please direct me to the clause in the WA state statue I will stand corrected.

Yeah, you are correct, it is 2nd hand info sorry, but yeah, up here in hick country in Lake Stevens area, that's what everyone tells the students.

Most states allow the carrying of concealed weapons by persons who obtain a permit. States that issue CCW permits are generally categorized as either "shall issue" or "may issue" states. In "shall issue" states, law enforcement officials are required to issue a permit to anyone who meets certain minimal statutory requirements, e.g., that the person is not a convicted felon or mentally incompetent. Once a permit has been issued, the permit holder is allowed to carry a loaded, concealed firearm in public places (parks, sports stadiums, bars, shopping centers, etc.). Some laws prohibit concealed weapons in government buildings and other specified locations.

Twenty-seven states are "shall issue" states (Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and Wyoming). In Mississippi, however, a permit will not be issued to any person who has been arrested for or formally charged with any crime.

Fourteen states are "may issue" states. In those states (Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island), law enforcement officials have discretion regarding the issuance of a CCW permit, often granting permits only to those who can show a demonstrable need for a concealed weapon.

Six states (Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio and Wisconsin) and the District of Columbia prohibit the carrying of concealed weapons altogether. In April of 1999, voters in one of those states - Missouri- rejected a ballot initiative to repeal the state's concealed weapons ban.

Vermont is the only state that allows its residents to carry concealed weapons without a permit.

Man do I feel like a dummy for CCW. I live in Milwaukee WI, so yes it is prohibited to carrying a gun up here. I read about Vermont's Law. It is very interesting but I disagree with it. It gives everyone with no criminal/mental record access to a gun. I am very glad I live in milwaukee.

dude, it's obvious you have a need to be right about this, so you're "right". just for the record I'm not flaming and secondly I've been in cars that have been pulled over with loaded guns in the glovebox, under the seat, and in the driver side door pocket. All were holstered without a bullet in the breach, and when the gun was DECLARED the officer asked to run the serial #'s and THAT WAS IT. no ticket, no arrest, not even a question as to why the driver was carrying the gun. Crhist my grandfather drives around with a loaded 1911 strapped to the side of his seat so he can pull a crazy clint eastwood, but despite him being pulled over on many occations he has never been ticket, arrested, or questioned about his gun other than how well kept it is. That's "first" hand information.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 22 2003, 09:11 PM
Vermont is the only state that allows its residents to carry concealed weapons without a permit.

Hell yeah. Y'all best check yo'sef befo' y'allz stepz on my fizzarm, y0!

Holster w/o a bullet in a chamber = safety :rolleyes: :D case and no I dont have to be right. I openly admitted to being wrong. I am studying for the MIlwaukee test and I assumed, even though I was wrong, it was everywhere, :blink:

wow. nevermind.

Thread from the dead like whoa.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back