I hate to ask this question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fastaccord

I got in the middle of a bad Import Vs. Domestic conversation. I was the only Import and trying to defend all of us. I ended off flapping off at the mouth and a buddy of mine that was in the conversation said that his Mustang V6 could take my CRX any day. I am just wondering if I have a decent chance at all of winning this race.

Me: 1988 CRX-SI D16Z6 Engine and no cat.
Him: 2001 or 2002 Mustang V6.

What do you think the odds are of me winning this race?

Damn, I was afraid of that! Do you think with a good intake system it would help me out enough? If not would a new cam set up from crower, Skunk2, or Zex do the trick?

Peace*

cams some nawwzz and gut the shit out of it

i beat my buddies auto 2001 v6 mustang in my 89 civic hatch back dx, I have MPFI injection and a home made Cold air intake, "mugen" chiped pm6 ecu, and an SI tranny. So i am guessing that I am about the equivilant of a SI motor.

I say do you intake, header, and exaust and practice your driving, and you have a chance. Or just save up for a b16 and slap him in the face...

Thanks for all of your replys. I will let you know what happens tonight with the race.

Peace*

damn i saw this only now. remove your spare, tire jack & tools...your rear cargo cover panels (there are 4 screws holding the vertical flip-down panel. the screws are under the rug attached to it). REMOVE YOUR PASENGER SEAT! its only four 12mm bolts..and there is a small wire harness you need to disconnect under the seat (lets the car know if the seat belt is fastened). you can pop off the plastic covers covering some of the bolts. they come off easy.

also, race with 1/4 tank or less, and make sure your tires pressures arent low. that will slow you down.

good luck! hope u get an intake in time. later on you can get a cam and a header and you'll most likely smoke him then.

You can beat that mustang. When my 94 Dx was stock, just after i bought i pulled the back seats out pulled the carpet off and put a cold air intake.
I slowy pulled away from a black 2000 V6 mustang with custom dual exhuast.
but that was back in 2000 screw v6'es i rape GT's and SVT's.
I walk them fords

Watch there topend if you screw up he'll get you.
:worthy:

back from the dead. . . . . . . . . . . . . he raced him 2 1/2 weeks ago :wtf:

88 is the lightest of the CRX's that are worth modding...

It's got a Z6.. 125 horses...

Stock the 88's ran high 15's.

The Mustang MIGHT run a mid 16.

You'll bust that v6's ass, stick or auto, no problem.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Nov 13 2003, 05:16 AM
88 is the lightest of the CRX's that are worth modding...

It's got a Z6.. 125 horses...

Stock the 88's ran high 15's.

The Mustang MIGHT run a mid 16.

You'll bust that v6's ass, stick or auto, no problem.

shit i didnt see that he had a Z6! well then he probably whipped the 6-cyl stang's butt.

125hp VTEC + 1900lb car >>>> V6 mustang.

my buddy went from running 14.2s to 13.3s with a 75 of ZEX on a B16

if you dont beat him, grab some NNNAAWWZZZZ and dont tell him

Back