i hate VW's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

custompainter

drive it like U stole it
a little project i've been working on for my buddies wife
last week when i got it

this is after a couple days

it's almost ready for paint and yes i hate the f-cking kit

32 hours on a install for a body kit (extreme dimensions) tuffest kit i've ever done had to weld steal rods to the frame of the car to get the bumpers to stay in on the edges to line up with the fenders
side skirts had to be riveted on and filled to hide the rivets and the seems

i'm in the process right now.

OEM sideskirts, evo5 non-wide rear bumper... but the fitment is spot on if i take the rear bumper support off.

I had the Oettinger kit on my MK4 Golf, fit like a glove. :) BUT yes, VW's suck ass and I hate them too :p

Nice work though, I hope your friend appreciates it. The next step with my CRX is going to involve attaching the rods to the chassis to keep the stock body lined up.

Keep up the good work! Wanna see more posts like this from you and your skills.

32 hours on a install for a body kit (extreme dimensions) tuffest kit i've ever done had to weld steal rods to the frame of the car to get the bumpers to stay in on the edges to line up with the fenders
side skirts had to be riveted on and filled to hide the rivets and the seems
you get what you pay for...
too bad they didn't bring you something better to start with
i do believe extreme dimensions has a shitty rep for some of their stuff

did you change your username?

well i'm tradinga 93 ex coupe for the work on this vw
the car is in great condition but it has a small knock from the lower end
so i figure i'll drop the pan change the bearings and see where i get and if that dont work i'm trying to get another engine from someone on here i think i'm going to get the engine first then fix the other in the car i have a feeling that theres more wrong with the motor then i think but who knows i wont know till next week

anyway if theres anyone in the CT area that needs work done let me know i do good work and i'm cheap i even trade for work too lol........ but it's got to be a good trade though.......

How much to paint the front bumper the chrome(I know it has to be sanded) and plastic parts, the rear bumper (steel only), 2 mirrors, and 3 door handles on an 06 Silverado including preping all the plastic?

so are u not repairing the chips in the hood? and did u just scuff pad the hood? why take all that time to fit a kit right and not do the most important panel on any car the right way?

i have two exhaust fans pulling air out and a filter on the other side of the garage letting air in your basic cross draft - and i wet the floor down it pulls the dust down
believe it or not my paint jobs come out better then alot of poeple can do with a nice shop and spray booth

heres another one from this morning when i pulled the tape off

thanks
i'm going up to take a couple pictures of it today in the day light
and to find out how it went over when my budy gave it to his wife he picked it up here last night and went to pick her up with it she was out at the bar with all her girl friends so i'm sure it was a big hit ............

Back