I HAVE A 9'0' INTEGRA LS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chinamon

I OWN A 90'INTEGRA LS WIT A STOCK B18A1 MOTOR . I ALREADY SWAP THE STOCK TRANNY TO A VTEC TRANNY . I ALSO INSTALLED A BASIC INTAKE, DC HEADER ,AND 2.5 PIPING WIT A 95' STOCK EXHAUST TIP. I LIVE IN BROOKLYN NYC AND THE COPS BE ACTING STUPID WHEN IT COMES TO NOISE POLLUTION I ALREADY GOT A COUPLE . I WANT TO DO A SWAP BUT THE COMMON SWAP EVERYONE HAS GSR,LS VTEC AND THE B16. I WANT TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT I WAS LOOKING FOR A B17 BUT THATS HARD TO FIND .SO I WANT TO WORK THE STOCK MOTOR THE B18A1 ,SO IM ASKING FOR A COUPLE IDEAS ON WHAT TO DO . HELP ME OUT PLEASE.

First lay off the caps lock; there is no reason for it. Second if you are constantly getting tickets for Noise GET A DIFFERENT EXHAUST!!! For you other question here is a great article about beefing up your b18a; although if you are will to spend the money I would preference a b18c1 or b16a swap.

Get your read on here

What are you looking to use the car for?

Also, I've never had a problem with cops about any exhuast....Actually I drove around open header for a while and I still didn't get bothered. The only time the cops ever bothered me was when I was driving around 2 years ago open header in my old LS hatch at 2:30 in the morning...and they still wouldn't have bothered me if the neighbors didn't call.

I drove around in Queens open header and didn't have a problem either.

B17 is basically the same shit as doing a gsr or b16 swap, you make no sense

drop an h22 in yuor car, thats more original...
or go turbo

and get a f'in silencer

cops 0wn j00 f00

I'd take a b17 over a b16 anyday. Why would you want to put a b16 in a DA anyway.

I think you should keep the LS...or if you do swap it give it to me...I'll pick it up too.

A turbo kit is a real good idea. LSvtec is also an option.

No one has mentioned the possiblity of a CRVTEC swap. B20z Block with a b16, gsr, or Type R head. That'll net you a pretty 200hp, 160ft torque pretty easily, which is enough to make that teg pretty quick.

The other way I would go would be turbo. You can make a lot of power, and I'm sure there are some fantastic tuners in NYC. Homemade turbo setup, would run like $1500 and then you could convert to OBD1 and use either Hondata or Uberdata to tune.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Feb 11 2005, 07:59 AM
I'd take a b17 over a b16 anyday. Why would you want to put a b16 in a DA anyway.

I think you should keep the LS...or if you do swap it give it to me...I'll pick it up too.

A turbo kit is a real good idea. LSvtec is also an option.
[post=459492]Quoted post[/post]​

i don't know... why would japan put a b16 into a DA? hmm? i'm quite happy with my B16 swap. it's better than a stock b18. and the motor was easy to swap in, easy to find, and cheap.

sure, if i could do what i want it would have been different. but, what's so bad about a b16 in a DA?

its heavy and the motor has no balls under 5k.....anyway....i owned a 90 teg with the lsv and it moved great....your best way to be semi original would be the H22....but i wuld look into higher comp pistons and maybe some SH cams or aftermarket cams depending on you choosen CR...and budget....good luck...since the car is heavy and wider the heavier motor should not be a problem....or do an lst or crvtec.......

i mean, i'm not dissing the b16 in the DA. I just would NEVER EVER do it. I wouldn't put a b16 in anything besides a go kart.

I'm actually going more from what I've heard and the fact that it's a 1.6. It's supposivly torqueless, I like torque, I like power...

power+torque+DA chassis=lotsa fun
power+minimal torque+DA chassis=fun, but with out the torquey pull

I kinda feel the b16 in a DA would be a downgrade or more or less the same as the LS...but I'm talking out of my ass because I've never driven a b16 DA.

Also, the best bet might be to go LSvtec, if you've got the LS block, you might as well put use to it, unless of course it's in shitty condition.

I have a b16 in my da, its still fun, i dont get the pull off the line like I did with my b18, but never the less its still fun to drive and when i get above 5k it moves pretty good.

But i must admit the shortly after i get my tax return i will be going with a b18/b20 bottom end.

If i were you, you already have the b18a bottom end, rebuild the bottom end ie rod bearings and shit, get some rods and civic type r pistons, and get urself a b16 head and do a LSVTEC, make sure u reaplce the water pump and oil pump with vtec ones and build up the head if ya want with a port and polish, you will be more then happy with that setup.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Feb 11 2005, 03:46 PM
i guess no one realized this clown hasn't posted anything else

anyone see his B20 with a K20 head post?
[post=459774]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you kidding me?

Originally posted by chinamon@Feb 11 2005, 01:52 AM
I OWN A 90'INTEGRA LS WIT A STOCK B18A1 MOTOR . I ALREADY SWAP THE STOCK TRANNY TO A VTEC TRANNY . I ALSO INSTALLED A BASIC INTAKE, DC HEADER ,AND 2.5 PIPING WIT A 95' STOCK EXHAUST TIP. I LIVE IN BROOKLYN NYC AND THE COPS BE ACTING STUPID WHEN IT COMES TO NOISE POLLUTION I ALREADY GOT A COUPLE . I WANT TO DO A SWAP BUT THE COMMON SWAP EVERYONE HAS GSR,LS VTEC AND THE B16. I WANT TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT I WAS LOOKING FOR A B17 BUT THATS HARD TO FIND .SO I WANT TO WORK THE STOCK MOTOR THE B18A1 ,SO IM ASKING FOR A COUPLE IDEAS ON WHAT TO DO . HELP ME OUT PLEASE.
[post=459429]Quoted post[/post]​

OK DUDE THAT YOU IF YOU DRIVE WIT NO HEADER ON . MY CAR WAS KOOL WIT MY SKUNK2 EXHAUST BUT THE F*#KING COP HERE ALL KNOW ME AND MY PERVIOUS CAR WHICH WAS A TOYOTA SUPRA "89" WIT A TWO JAY SWAP DAME I WAS CLEANING UP SHOP . BUT ANYWAY THIS IS MY FIRST HONDA I SHOULD SAY IF I KNEW WHAT TO DO I WOULDN'T BE ASKING FOR HELP.BUT IM LEARNING SOMETHING HERE. I LIKE THE IDEAS ALOT ,I SEE IT EITHER A B16 OR A B18B1. I WANT TO BULID A ALLMOTOR SETUP BUT IM NOT USE TO THAT, I WAS GOING TO GO WIT A GREDDY TURBO KIT OR A TUBRONETICS SETUP . DESICION TURBO OR ALLMOTOR . IF YOUR ANSWER IS TURBO WHAT SETUP IS GOOD AND IF IT ALLMOTOR HOW TO BUILD IT . THANXS AGAIN

I say...

B20Z
CP 11.5:1 pistons
Eagle Rods
Micropolished LS Crank
ARP Head Studs
Crower 62404's
Crower Springs
JDM 4-1 ITR Header
Electric Exhuast Dump
TURN YOUR FUCKING CAPS LOCK OFF.
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
Hondata IM Gasket

ALL MOTOR... NON VTEC... NO Boost... NO JUICE!!!!

Originally posted by brian11to1@Feb 13 2005, 04:27 AM
I say...

B20Z
CP 11.5:1 pistons
Eagle Rods
Micropolished LS Crank
ARP Head Studs
Crower 62404's
Crower Springs
JDM 4-1 ITR Header
Electric Exhuast Dump
TURN YOUR FUCKING CAPS LOCK OFF.
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
Hondata IM Gasket

ALL MOTOR... NON VTEC... NO Boost... NO JUICE!!!!
[post=460292]Quoted post[/post]​
okay,like your idea alot. you don't have to no head swap and wit your set up it will be a monster , so i'll be able to keep up wit the gsr and etc. i would like more info email me at 90tegls@hondaswap.net thankx alot .

Back