I have a question for people with del-sols

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Niskyspy

Just something I wanted to know about putting a sub in del sols TRUNK. If you have a del-sol and you installed an amp and a sub in the trunk can you please tell me how you did it. I mean where did you find a hole to put RCA and ON/OFF wires through. And one more thing, can you feel/hear the bass from the TRUNK (Cuz the sub is in the trunk and I know that there is a metal panel between trunk and passager compartment which I think kills the sound, but since I've never been in a del-sol with a sub in the trunk I really want to know)
Thank you very much.

if you take off the body panels behind the seats and pull out the glove compartments there are holes running into the trunk.
i would highly reccomend NOT putting subs in your trunk. just tap the top of it and it sounds like rain on a tin roof, imagine what subs is going to make it sound like.

holy trunk rattle batman

i suppose you could prolly do a blowthrough into your trunk like some trucks do when they mount subs in the bed.
i have my sub mounted behind the seats facing up at an angle in the middle of the seats.
i had a friend who put an 8" sub in the very front of the passenger floor board.

imo 1 10" in the cab = 2 12"s in the trunk, just for the simple fact is right behind your head and its inside the cab with you.

if you dont use the storage compartments behind the seats, they i think you can get a custom box made for there, or if you want to stay cheap, a hatchback/truck box should fit behind the seats.

i had 2 10's in a truck box and it sounded literally like shit.

i once found a box on ebay that you have to take the glove boxes out and it goes all the way to the window. had holes for 3 10's in it but im not sure on the air space.

a while ago there was a guy selling boxes that are almost like the one i had custom made but the air space was too little for my sub.

wish i had a camera id take a pic of my uber box ;)

saw a nice set up on ebay a li lwhile ago the guy had the amps hooked on to the rack that holds the targa top so if the top is in the trunk you cant see the amps unless you lift up the top. it looked good
and as far as sound my gurl has a sol with pioners all around(4) and a head unit she wants more but to me blowing at 100 with the windows and top down i oculd still hear it fine. so i see no need for a sub just get good speakers. but if you have to id just put them in the gun ehh i mean glove boxes behind the seats.

i had some subs in my del sol for a while and it sounded like garbage. they rattle too much for bass. go for fidelity with that car. my set up is polk/momo mm6 components ran by an eclipse 500 watt 4 channel amp. fuckin sounds great. dont' need subs. if you do hook them up, your passenger side quarterpanel will vibrate making a ridiculous noise that sounds like a blown sub hitting. this is because there is a huge hollow spot in the body right there. the only way to fix it is to put a shit load of dynamat on that part which is hard to do yourself a nd costs hella money to have done pro. don't waste your time/ money. the only thing i could think of is to use the stealth box that JL Audio makes. it fits 2 10" subs where your rear storage compartments would go. (if you don't plan on locking up some drugs when the po po gets you you don't need them anyways) i haven't heard any reviews on how they sound in there though but i would imagine that it would sound alot better than all that vibrating in the trunk.

my soundstream 10" behind my seats gets loud as hell. will vibrate your chest/reaview/sideview mirrors.

best part about it.

0 vibration :D

I'm pretty sure that either JL or MTX makes a custom box to replace the storage compartments behind the seats- you might want to go that route. I've got one of MTX's custom molded boxes in the Civic, and it sounds damn good with a nice sub in it.

jl makes a stealth box, yes.

i had a single 10 in the trunk, and it sounded fine.

most of the rattle was from the license plate--- easy fix with an old sock behind it :)

of course, im not some crazy thug bouncin mah tun3s f0 da bitch3s either.. i added a sub to make my music more full.

if you remove the rear storage box, theres a 1" circle drilled on the passenger side that comes out into the trunk. its an easy fit.

Originally posted by micah@Apr 29 2005, 08:30 PM
will vibrate your chest/reaview/sideview mirrors.

best part about it.

0 vibration :D
[post=493230]Quoted post[/post]​

Does that make sense?

lol i just read that and saw how retarded it looks, i meant no rattling :p

trunk and body panels dont rattle, from the outside or inside you cant hear any of that shit :)

Back