I have an idea for my alarm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tab

Super Moderator
I was basically brainstorming about alarm systems, and I decided to go with the Matrix rs3.

Ok, here's my idea. If a person were to buy a battery backup siren, on top of the normal siren, would it be a bad idea to mount it inside the car? I'm curious if the glass would shatter or anything. In my opinion, if a thief were to break into your car, and cut the wires and stuff, the backup siren would keep going. The beauty of it is, you can't plug your ears and work at the same time. I think 128 decibels on the inside of the car would deter most thieves from unmounting your deck. If the thief opened the doors to let the sound escape, people would hear it even more. With the doors closed and windows up, the sound would have to be unbearable. I'd probably mount the siren in a hidden solid fashion, so it couldn't be just grabbed and chucked.

The only downfall would be a false alarm while driving, could cause an accident.

Input would be great, and comment all you like.

that sounds like a pretty good idea to me. id hook it up to some sort of switch which would allow you to totally disconnect power to it while your driving.

I thought about that, but I'd have to play with the siren a bit. Would the loss of power, ie, switch turned off, make the siren go off? It'd probably be like disconnecting the battery, so I doubt it. The ones I looked at, once they're going off, can't be turned off until it's 1. turned off with the alarm 2. runs itself dead or 3. there's a key that you insert into the siren and turn off. I would mount the siren very hard in a position that would not stop me from using the key if need be.

The switch idea sounds good. I don't see a problem with the alarm going off while cruising, but it would suck.

if i broke into your car and your siren went off in my head i would just get pissed and start smashing shit, ie windows, dash, deck, subs, speakers. if i cant take it ill fuck it up while im leaving. the best way to keep your shit from getting stolen/broken into is get a custom hidin enclosure for your subs, removeable face plate, and ignition kill switch. 128 decibles isnt as loud as you think, i go to the speedway by me about 3 times a month, you get used to the noise after a while :)

edit-- i just saw u had a crx, i would also suggest something to do with your windows. im sure you alrdy know thats the easiest way to get in concidering rex windows will flex 4-6 inches before breaking.

You know what, fuck it. Thieves can break all the shit they want. At least insurance covers damage, and they won't get a fucking dime out of me. I can afford new shit, I'm just tired of buying it for someone else. Bust my deck, my glass, whatever, I can fix it. I just hate thieves, and the more noise you make, the more likely you are to get caught. Usually they sneak in and out with no witnesses, I'm just making it that much more likely to get caught. You have no idea what I would do to a robber if I caught them. It wouldn't be posted, but it would be postal. I slept through the first ripoff from my pickup, right out front of my house, no alarm. The next time was my car, and I was on the other side of the state. I will hear the next time, if they're dumb enough.

most alarms can't be armed while the ignition is on. so it going off while youre driving probably won't be a problem.

I have heard of an alarm that was so loud and high pitched that it will make your ears bleed!! Does not break the glass!

Has a led display where you can put anywhere you wish and if someone brakes in your car the led display will start counting down from ten! And then...yellllllllllllllllll!

ten seconds more than they deserve, but I like the idea. It's good to know that the glass won't shatter, and I am fairly confident that the alarm won't go off accidentally. I can't wait to get it in. I won't even put a deck back in until I have an alarm, so I have no tunes :angry:

how bout wiring up a vavle connected to a bottle of some caustic and hazardous chemical....

chlorine would be a good one .....

if the alarm is not disabled in the proper way, the valves inside your air vents somehow open and a hazardous chemical spews forth...

also make it so that your power door locks are not accessible from the inside, so the fucker who is trying to jack your shit will most likely wind up dying :lol: :lol:

that would so 0wn to find the suffocated corpse of a car thief in your car when you come back to it. :lol:

thats the ONLY way you are going to ever stop ur shit from being jacked...

you must kill the person who is trying to steal your shit. im thinking about rigging up a system like that in my car....with nozzles in my vents and a small 3 gallon tank of a caustic hazardous gas in my trunk....chlorine maybe?

i would also like to get rid of the door handles on the inside so that they would be trapped in there :lol:

I was going to get the back up alarm offered by Magnolia Hi-Fi, but the problem is, if it goes off, lets say when you take your battery out to do some work on your car, it isn't going to stop for 45 minutes.

I had one before with a key, and its a generic key, or a hammer would take it out that easy, so a back up one would be a must, except if it loses power, aka cuts battery, it won't stop for a long long time.

Originally posted by tab@Nov 3 2003, 10:53 PM
ten seconds more than they deserve, but I like the idea. It's good to know that the glass won't shatter, and I am fairly confident that the alarm won't go off accidentally. I can't wait to get it in. I won't even put a deck back in until I have an alarm, so I have no tunes :angry:

That 10 seconds is to save your ass!!! We all have been there where are alarm has gone off because we forgot to deactivate it!! Wouldn't want to forget to deactivate it if I had that alarm in it!!!!!!!!!!!

Also the one who is robbing your car will see that display counting down thinking
:wtf2: is the car going to blow up? :lol:

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Nov 3 2003, 11:13 PM
how bout wiring up a vavle connected to a bottle of some caustic and hazardous chemical....

if the alarm is not disabled in the proper way, the valves inside your air vents somehow open and a hazardous chemical spews forth...

also make it so that your power door locks are not accessible from the inside, so the fucker who is trying to jack your shit will most likely wind up dying :lol: :lol:

that would so 0wn to find the suffocated corpse of a car thief in your car when you come back to it. :lol:

Good idea and all but what if that was you and you just forgot to deactivate your alarm? Oh well guess your fucked huh?

Or what if you get in an accident and the tank gets smashed and starts to leak and you need the jaws of life to get out!! Oh well guess your fucked!

The siren is 128dB? Thats a loud high pitch sound..... It won't hurt your interior, My G/F's Eclipse was doing 158's on the dash w/ a B&K mic during USAC and we didn't have any problems....

I had a good Idea for a car alarm aux. output, but decided that propane, spark plugs, copper lines, and side-exiting flames might be a little too much.....

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Nov 3 2003, 11:13 PM

I work at a water dept, plenty of chlorine around, but getting it in a small container might be dangerous. However, my welding classes might be of some use to you. It seems that Argon gas, both tasteless and odorless, is heavier than air, and offers no support for human life. IE, you fill your cockpit with that, the thief will pass out and suffocate. I am more about beatings, severe, painful, multiple bloody beatings. Chlorine would work, but you would have to trap them in the painful fumes, I've seen safety videos. Argon sneaks up quick like carbon monoxide........just hope it doesn't leak on you.

the sirens youre talking about are called pain generators, and they get real loud, inside the vehicle. if you have room, behind the center dash console, and under the drivers side dash are the best places. the best part about pain generators is that they are cheap, and effective. gl with the alarm!

i got an idea, lets drive around in a car with a tank of deadly gas!!! YEAH! that way you get in a crash and die, or better yet, you kill the theif, and then his family comes after your ass for wrongful death, negligent homicide, or murder2. DAMN my stereo is worth all that drama! holy shit yeah! :poop: seriously though, alarms wont stop a serious theif.

my favorite "alarm" ever = shooting the theif in the left knee so he can never drive stick again, or run away for that matter. try that. then at least you wont be killing anyone.

Four more people I know have had their cars stolen, or stuff stolen from their cars in the last week. I will not shoot to kill, but damn, there is no accountability left. Stealing is petty, a slap on the wrist is all one can expect. I will shoot at any person I catch if I have time to grab my gun. Someone will get their ass kicked, even if it's me. Tell your momma how you got the black eye, cuz I don't go down easy. If I win, you won't go to the cops. You won't ever want to steal again though.

DAMN my stereo is worth all that drama! holy shit yeah!

FUCKIN A. How many times have you been ripped off, and for how much? Would you shoot a robber in your mom's house stealing a TV? You know they're not there to hurt anyone, but would you run? I sure fucking hope not. Pussies run, guys like me get shot. BUT, if everyone fought back, there wouldn't be much crime. Think about it.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Nov 3 2003, 11:15 PM
thats the ONLY way you are going to ever stop ur shit from being jacked...

you must kill the person who is trying to steal your shit. im thinking about rigging up a system like that in my car....with nozzles in my vents and a small 3 gallon tank of a caustic hazardous gas in my trunk....chlorine maybe?

i would also like to get rid of the door handles on the inside so that they would be trapped in there :lol:

Holy enormous lawsuit batman!

Back