I have Fuel issues :o(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MXDesa

Hey guys i just finished a direct engine replacement in a 1992 Four dour civic. The car had been sitting for two months and i started it before the swap. Took a while to start it but it ran for about 30 seconds before CYL 2 Rod went through the oil pan and that was it. Well im now finished with the swap, i go to start it and i have no fuel. With Key on, Engine off i dont hear the fuel pump turn on. However, when i power the pump directly to the battery i can start the car, so i have everything BUT Fuel working. I've checked all the underhood and dash fuses, and all are fine. Are there any fuel fuses/relays or anything related to that sort anywhere else on the car. With Key on engine off, i checked for power with a test light at the fuel pump plug and i have nothing. Please help me guys!! i need it

BTW - I have a CEL when i jump the fuel pump directly to the battery, but im not sure how to check the code. Hope that gives a clue

I just jumped the Brown/Green wire plug by the ECU and it flashed 9 quick times. By the ECU error chart here on hondaswap, that means....

9*- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
85-98** 86-98 97-98 85-91 93-97 95-98 85-98
CYP Sensor (Cylinder)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor
* not a valid code for any throttle body injection Hondas
** not a valid code for V-6 engines

What the heck it that? Lol

i had the same problem. its either your main relay or your fuel pump. if you need a main relay. i got one i can sell you. just let me know if you want to try it.

i had the same problem check by your ecu there is a plug there you might of taken out one of the wires there that is what i did i pulled a wire out of that green plug and as soon as i put that plug back i had power to the fuel pump just another option for you to look at

Back