I have new brakes on my Si!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94RedSiGal

I got a complete brake job done on my Si tonight... Brembo blank rotors with Porterfield R4S pads on the front and OEM pads on the rear.... my car rocks!!! I'm so ready for the VT meet right now! I wish that I could head up tonight.... country roads are very nice and empty late at night, as country people go to sleep early. Hmmmmm. :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sounds nice, i just did a major brake upgrade on my car. I should of done this along time ago.

I have GSR spec Brembo cross drilled and slotted rotors upfront with GSR calipers.
Steal braided lines all the way around.
Bigger master cylinder, new brake booster, new distribution block.
Brembo oem size cross drilled and slotted rear rotors with new rear oem calipers
I forget what pads i got some kind of carbon blah blah etc.
dot 4 fluid
(i dont care what anyone says about cross drilled or slotted rotors, there not there just for looks, there is a reason they do help and anyone who says differant doesnt know what they are talking about)

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@May 27 2004, 08:30 PM
Sweet, I'm just about to do my brakes.. How much did all this cost you?

I found the Brembo blanks on H-T and they were $131.00 shipped. The Porterfield pads were $108 shipped. The OEM ones I think were around $30, I've had them kicking around in my car for a while for emergencies. lol. I paid a mechanic at my old dealership $100 to do the job. He had access to a nice lift and the calipers were all rusty after 10 years and 287K miles... so I didn't want to torture any of my friends with doing them.

This new setup really grips well... I hit a few rounds on this oval rotary near my house like a track a few times tonight. wheeeee!!!!!

Yeah, I have the same car but I only have about 120,000 on the car. My calipers and rear brakes look like shit also I need to take care of this soon.

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@May 27 2004, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I have the same car but I only have about 120,000 on the car. My calipers and rear brakes look like shit also I need to take care of this soon.

Even though you live down in sunny Florida?

heheheheheh...

still having minor brake issues here... waiting for the EBC greens and the fuckers arent here YET.

i have my bigger calipers and vented rotors, stainless lines and no fucking pads. wtf.

Just came back from bedding my new pads and rotors. You're right Matt, it was a smelly process!

Okay Chris... so I'm lying in bed this morning all comfy-like, when it suddenly hits me that I need to get out of the house for something "important" ( :lol: ). I throw clothes and sneakers on, and I rush down to the dealership (sans brushing my hair :eek: ), but my mechanic wasn't in yet. Fortunately his shared trash barrel was still full. The neighboring mechanic thought me very odd (yeah, yeah, yeah, so what else is new? <_< )... because I wanted to root through it. I recovered my old parts (fortunately they were in the top third layer of the barrel) under a layer of empty oil and antifreeze bottles... and the late-requested items are now sitting in a box in the back of my car.

Now back to sleep for another hour, must have enough rest for this weekend....

*zzzzzzzzz*

cool deal.

the sol needs new brake ssystem. im not happy with it at all.

im considering going itr 5-lug

Originally posted by H22AdelSol@May 27 2004, 07:30 PM

(i dont care what anyone says about cross drilled or slotted rotors, there not there just for looks, there is a reason they do help and anyone who says differant doesnt know what they are talking about)

There sure is a reason... back in the '60s, brake pads were organic and produced gasses when they got hot. To prevent this gas from creating a barrier between the pad and rotor, they drilled the rotor. Today in this age of semi-metallic pads and carbon pads, drilled rotors are unnessicary because no gasses are produced. Slotted rotors are a band aid patch to cover up an existing problem- pad glazing. If the pads glaze, you need a different brake setup.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@May 28 2004, 09:14 AM
aww martine you're the greatest!!! B) B) B)

You're lucky that I'm so... um... shameless. Haha. The looks on the faces of the service counter people through their window as I was rummaging in the barrel... priceless. I just make myself right at home in the back, and I haven't worked there in like nine years. :p

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 28 2004, 10:33 AM
the sol needs new brake ssystem. im not happy with it at all.

im considering going itr 5-lug

I was toying with upgrading the Si's system, but I'm really happy with what's on the car this morning... a full report after this weekend though. :)

I always keep one eye peeled for deer and other animals... unlike you guys who keep a lookout for hot jogging chicks.

Still the #1 cause of accidents on roads along beaches :D

After a weekend in Vermont... the report is:
My new brakes are awesome! Thanks for the excellent recommendations Ji! :thumbsup: :)

Back